Forum » FFXI » NMs » Dasra's & Nasatya's Rings
Dasra's & Nasatya's Rings
 Fairy.Usua
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Usua
By Fairy.Usua 2009-11-13 15:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if these can be upgraded with the new synergy system.
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-11-13 16:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Usua said:
Lol wouldn't that be a kick in the ***?
 Fairy.Usua
By Fairy.Usua 2009-11-13 16:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Fairy.Usua said:
Lol wouldn't that be a kick in the ***?
would give them a lot of potential depending on what kind of augments there are for them.
 Shiva.Xet
Server: Shiva
user: Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2009-11-13 16:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Convert was an example i just came up with as i never cap my MP from a convert as a taru (i'm only 64 mind you). I, for example, will use them on my Paladin till i can get something better. BQR is a good alternative but not always useful. Bloodbead is a fine choice and a bit of a pain to camp but easily doable with a days work, i agree completely with this one. Serket ring would seem redundant coupled with a HP ring. as this set gives 50 of each i think (correct me if im wrong) a serket and a BQR is +25hp +50mp fire -75.
At no point have I tried to say they are the best but for say a pld they have stuff that is always usefull. Even if you just start a fight by macroing in some +hp and using the extra 50mp to bust out a Cure III before swaping to your other rings.

TBH regardless of the way it was taken. We put this info here so people knew how to get/it worked etc. Unless you have the gear that emulates what the set does then i would still say that the set is situational.

Also i think everyone that doesn't have a d-ring would want a d-ring. Even if i had a d-ring it wouldn't change the fun of going to find these rings.
 Gilgamesh.Aaralynn
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Aaralyn
By Gilgamesh.Aaralynn 2009-11-13 16:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate convert hp to mp things. If there's a better option, I'd definitely go with it. These rings paired together are more balanced. I like Balance. :) While -1 might not be -20 or -10, it could still make a possible difference in surviving or not.

Grats you guys.
 Bismarck.Saleam
Server: Bismarck
user: Saleam
By Bismarck.Saleam 2009-11-13 16:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Aaralynn said:
I hate convert hp to mp things. If there's a better option, I'd definitely go with it. These rings paired together are more balanced. I like Balance. :) While -1 might not be -20 or -10, it could still make a possible difference in surviving or not.

Grats you guys.

So could other rings with better stats that should be worn instead of these end game...?

but I support your argument Xet, they look like great situational rings and pretty awesome choice at 55<x<75 for certain jobs.
 Gilgamesh.Aaralynn
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Aaralyn
By Gilgamesh.Aaralynn 2009-11-13 17:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Saleam said:
Gilgamesh.Aaralynn said:

Grats you guys.

So could other rings with better stats that should be worn instead of these end game...?

but I support your argument Xet, they look like great situational rings and pretty awesome choice at 55<x><75 for certain jobs. </x>

Yes. I'm aware there are other rings. But they have other stats on them as well that make them unattractive to me. Especially for, as mentioned, situational events.

I just like the balance of them.
 Shiva.Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2009-11-13 17:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to clarify what i mean by "situational" I'll still be voking/ja in emnity etc. ill probs cure into these or use as a curecheat /nin. Whm i may use to cast pro/shell in at start of a fight w/o sacrificing any hp then macro out etc. can also macro in to gain latent of parade gorget i think if mp is low enough.
 Odin.Kalico
Server: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2009-11-13 17:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Usua said:

did I miss something
since when is rare/ex augmented/upgradeable
does the synergy system let u upgrade rare/ex?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-11-13 17:22:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kalico said:
Fairy.Usua said:

did I miss something
Did I miss something? Do we have access to the Synergy system already?

Though my bet is no, they can't.
 Fairy.Usua
By Fairy.Usua 2009-11-13 17:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kalico said:
Fairy.Usua said:

did I miss something
Dunno, just commenting >.>
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-13 17:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't like them QQ. 50 each well generally your gunna want more of one or the other so really yeah... also dasra's should've been named dasva's!!! Then it would clearly be mine since as of this post I think I'm the only one on all servers
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2009-11-13 18:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, Lots of elitist trolls out tonight >.>

Anyways, Congratulations on getting the rings Xet, I could see them being extremely useful at times.

People have to remember even though there is better items, Not everyone has an infinite pool of gil, and time to camp. These are a very good alternative for lots of jobs, until the ultimate rings can be obtained.
[+]
 Shiva.Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2009-11-13 18:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Wow, Lots of elitist trolls out tonight >.> Anyways, Congratulations on getting the rings Xet, I could see them being extremely useful at times. People have to remember even though there is better items, Not everyone has an infinite pool of gil, and time to camp. These are a very good alternative for lots of jobs, until the ultimate rings can be obtained.

I love you too =) Yet no-one can ever know our secret!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-13 19:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Forgive me for not liking sub par rings. Guess by that token anyone who puts down platninum ring is messed up too... yeah i know its even more worst but the point stands. Very few jobs are gunna care about mp AND hp... especially over stats. In fact I can't think of any off the top of my head under any situation. Mp is easily beaten by any number of a couple of rings and hp is beaten single handly by BBQ ring
 Shiva.Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2009-11-13 19:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont think that was a crack at you lol.

Eitherway we all know where to get the NM's now and we all agree situational ***is situational =)
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2009-11-13 19:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Forgive me for not liking sub par rings. Guess by that token anyone who puts down platninum ring is messed up too... yeah i know its even more worst but the point stands. Very few jobs are gunna care about mp AND hp... especially over stats. In fact I can't think of any off the top of my head under any situation. Mp is easily beaten by any number of a couple of rings and hp is beaten single handly by BBQ ring

Way to assume I was aiming that at you. At what point was your first post elitist? The planet doesn't revolve around you! :)

And Xet, love you too ;)
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-13 19:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Way to assume I was aiming that at you. At what point was your first post elitist? The planet doesn't revolve around you! :) And Xet, love you too ;)
It does too! Also who says I was defending just myself and not everyone else with myself! Also you did post after that about people ripping on them right after I did... also enough of the man love
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2009-11-13 19:37:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Way to assume I was aiming that at you. At what point was your first post elitist? The planet doesn't revolve around you! :) And Xet, love you too ;)
It does too! Also who says I was defending just myself and not everyone else with myself! Also you did post after that about people ripping on them right after I did... also enough of the man love

Well then just a confuzzly confusion. Also Guy love... it's guy love...
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-13 19:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Well its like this how many jobs really care about gearing for mp or hp?

Pretty much just smn whm um maybe rdm depending on race and subjob and sometimes sch. Pretty much every other job that has mp should have stats in those slots over mp! Hell those jobs should have other rings too like the cure potency or summoners ring or um sch idk and stuff for nuking/enfeebling. None should really care about hp except maybe rdm for converting though putting these on to cure yourself back up to get a little more from convert is kinda meh and definitely not gunna full time lol.

Lets see how many jobs care enough to actually wear hp... tanks under certain situations... mostly to prevent being 1 hitted by stuff at which point more hp would be better than more mp. And um blu... again more hp for more breath dmg. Er drk zergs too... but again more hp is better than mp by far

At there lvl that is kinda a nice amount of hp but then again at that lvl stats like vit and def
actually matter lol.

However Mp...well double astral rings is just as much mp and is 45 lvls lower or just 1 serket is the same at 4 lvls lower or ether just 10 less. Astral are like 100k ether like 30k lol even serket is just like 600k. And then there are the ra/ex ones...
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-11-13 20:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Good for WHM charging up sublimation and going for max MP to cast buffs at before the fight starts...?

Or something. Dunno.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-13 20:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra said:
Good for WHM charging up sublimation and going for max MP to cast buffs at before the fight starts...? Or something. Dunno.
50 hp would be another 12.5 mp charged lol... also technically if you want to do max sub go all out on hp first then switch to mp and rest... not like you'd get alot of chances to or that it would make that big a difference since only getting 1 more mp out of every 4 hp you equip.
 Shiva.Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2009-11-13 20:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
However Mp...well double astral rings is just as much mp and is 45 lvls lower or just 1 serket is the same at 4 lvls lower or ether just 10 less. Astral are like 100k ether like 30k lol even serket is just like 600k. And then there are the ra/ex ones...

Serket and astral convert HP to get that MP though. Not a massive difference but its something that is offered. I'm not arguing for or against here i'm just errr being awkward.

And i think unless your a race thats HP abundant having an extra 50 hp on a mage/tank job is nice. Wont make or break you. I know im not really going anywhere with this but +50hp/mp on a pld = More hp lowers emnity reduction per hit and more hp = more emnity to be accrued through curing your new higher hp cap. Yeah you could use other things for better results but this does 2 things in one go IF you are missing the 2 better HP rings. I'd agree these are subpar rings if you full time them but then again if you do that your a subpar player.

If i had more gear (and i nearly have atone) Id use acc rings for idle to atone and id use emnity rings for JA. If i needed HP id BQR and bloodbead. These fill the role for now though. Not Perfect not apawling just something that you can work in for certain things. Discussion is fun tho.

Edit: if your silly enough to have these on whilst nuked and to a lesser extent being hit -1% is still -1%!
 Leviathan.Veronika
Server: Leviathan
user: Veronika
By Leviathan.Veronika 2009-11-13 21:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Also Guy love... it's guy love...
Between two guys. And when I say I love you, Turk, It's not what it implies!