Dasra's & Nasatya's Rings
First Page 2
 Shiva.Lyra
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Lyra
By Shiva.Lyra 2009-11-13 13:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Today, 11/13/09, my boyfriend Xet and I completed this set of rings. We have confirmed that the set latent is active while wearing both. Yay! Go Xet :D I also updated wiki to show that Nasatya's Ring is in fact dropped by Boll Weevil in Jugner Forest (S). Happy Hunting!

Lyra & Xet - Shiva Server
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-13 13:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It was kind of obvious that they were activated by having both on... But, more importantly... Why would you ever wear them?
[+]
 Shiva.Lyra
By Shiva.Lyra 2009-11-13 13:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Even things that are "obvious" need to be confirmed for the general public who may like to know for certain.
[+]
 Bismarck.Tobe
Server: Bismarck
user: tobebk
By Bismarck.Tobe 2009-11-13 13:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry just a bit confused here.

So when wearing both rings do they give you a total boost of

+100HP and +100Mp ?
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-13 13:32:21
Link | Quote | Reply

No, just 50 each.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-13 13:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's put it this way... Two items that have the exact same set effects are activated by having both equipped..
[+]
 Shiva.Xet
user: Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2009-11-13 13:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's put it this way... why comment if your gonna act like a jerk. This wasn't comfirmed till about 2 hours ago and obviously people do want the answers or they wouldnt post.

Also they are usefull in a convert set. If using a BQR isn't the best thing to do in that situation. Cure cheat set. A bonus to negate damage if your recasting ichi or getting nuked.

There is more then likely a good few more but just as they are not usefull on every job doesnt make them A) bad B) not worth having. Cheaper to get then Serkets if you cannot solo. Easier to get then BQR.

I'll use them on pld situationally and in most Magic damage- sets or maybe if im trying to get Ichi off.
[+]
 Fairy.Deliverance
By Fairy.Deliverance 2009-11-13 13:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Not being a ***, and congratulations on finishing the ring set, but why was stating the date important if all the posts are really time and date stamped?
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-13 13:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Deliverance said:
Not being a ***, and congratulations on finishing the ring set, but why was stating the date important if all the posts are really time and date stamped?

Personally, I don't like squinting.
 Shiva.Lyra
By Shiva.Lyra 2009-11-13 13:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly who gives a *** >.> so I typed a date big woop-dee-doo! It's like pulling on strings to find some stupid thing to pick on.
[+]
 Fairy.Deliverance
By Fairy.Deliverance 2009-11-13 13:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

.... I said, I wasn't picking... See? Assumption is just as stupid.

Woodum your avatar is squinting :P

Don't get mad at me, because previous posters were calling your achievement, lackluster.

I wasn't. I didn't know if it held some meaning or not. That was all I was asking.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-13 14:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ooh, btw! In case anyone can't comprehend beyond a 4th grade level... These sets go together! :
Lava's Ring Kusha's Ring

Nasatya's RingDasra's Ring

Altdorf's Earring Wilhelm's Earring

Helenus's Earring Cass. Earring
[+]
 Shiva.Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2009-11-13 14:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh, the mobs arn't really that hard. It was finding the mob spawn for Nasatya's, working out ToD. Getting the drop to confirm it did drop off that NM and then confirming the set that was the fun part. The rings are nice and im happy with them.
I think the date was copy/paste and I think i maybe the first person to have both rings. Maybe wrong but i'll be near the top. Nothing magical but It was worth the time to investigate new stuff.
[+]
 Fairy.Deliverance
By Fairy.Deliverance 2009-11-13 14:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry just get touchy when ... I say specifically that I was not being rude in any way...

And I get that kind of response, it was curiosity that was all.

Congratulations again :)
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-11-13 14:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ooo Lava's Ring & Kusha's Ring I want and Altdorf's Earring & Wilhelm's Earring.

Congrats on getting the items.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-13 14:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I want the Helen/Cassandra for my Rdm and Blm. =)
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-11-13 14:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Those would be nice but I have a novio & moldy :/ Even though it would be sexy for the magic acc.
 Shiva.Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2009-11-13 14:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you all for the congratulations and goodluck getting the earrings/rings. Think ima leave the earrings for a bit till things die down personally. Only got lucky on this set cos none knew for sure where/when/what dropped Nasatya's and those that did have an idea wouldnt say.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-13 14:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
Those would be nice but I have a novio & moldy :/ Even though it would be sexy for the magic acc.
Yeah, that's why I'd use it. I have better for nuking, but that accuracy is nice. =D
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Clinpachi
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-11-13 14:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Grats on the items and ignore the jackasses who feel the need to criticize you lol.

Not bad rings regardless.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-13 14:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

lol I find it annoying when people post things that in essence are only: "HAY GUYZ! LOOK AT ME!! I GOTS NEW PIXELZ ON A GAME!!" Especially when they use it as a cover of "Oh, btw... We tested this out and are here to tell you what everyone already knew." lol

As if them posting the pics in the screenshots wasn't redundant enough. But, they seem to like redundancy with all of the "COMPLETED 11/13/09!" on time stamped posts. XD
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-11-13 14:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Tbest said:
lol I find it annoying when people post things that in essence are only: "HAY GUYZ! LOOK AT ME!! I GOTS NEW PIXELZ ON A GAME!!" Especially when they use it as a cover of "Oh, btw... We tested this out and are here to tell you what everyone already knew." lol

And i think it's annoying that people take wikipedia for granted and rely on others to do the work instead of finding out for themselves.

Or whats worse expecting everything you read on BG or wikipedia to be true. Sure this was correct but the update was 4 days ago and everyone seems to think because they picked through and stared at ***all day that they think they know how it works no matter what. Regardless that they have NEVER received the items themselves.
[+]
 Seraph.Mooshie
Server: Seraph
user: Mooshie
By Seraph.Mooshie 2009-11-13 14:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Tbest said:
lol I find it annoying when people post things that

The site isnt just here for you. If you dont like go read something else. ***

Grats on the rings
[+]
 Shiva.Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2009-11-13 14:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Tbest said:
lol I find it annoying when people post things that in essence are only: "HAY GUYZ! LOOK AT ME!! I GOTS NEW PIXELZ ON A GAME!!" Especially when they use it as a cover of "Oh, btw... We tested this out and are here to tell you what everyone already knew." lol As if them posting the pics in the screenshots wasn't redundant enough. But, they seem to like redundancy with all of the "COMPLETED 11/13/09!" on time stamped posts. XD

Yup cos everyone knew where Nasatya's dropped like it states in the first post.......oh wait they didnt.... Did everyone know the mobs level, attacks, spawn area, pop time, name? No, there was a guess that beetle dropped it and that was really it.

We're we 100% sure set was activated that way? No, was 99 times in 100 gonna be a set but till someone has the set no-one ever knows anything in this game. Like we didnt know partial sets of AN armour gave a partial bonus till it came out.

So all in all we got the info and posted it on wiki and here so people knew for sure. Also i'm sorry we were a bit happy we had done all this ourselves.

Finally sorry a copy/paste paragraph with a date in it offends you.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-11-13 14:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

WOOSH lol.
 Leviathan.Veronika
Server: Leviathan
user: Veronika
By Leviathan.Veronika 2009-11-13 15:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xet said:
There is more then likely a good few more but just as they are not usefull on every job doesnt make them A) bad B) not worth having. Cheaper to get then Serkets if you cannot solo. Easier to get then BQR.

They may be easier to get, but for half the reward. The SET of both of them combined gives you +50 hp and +50 mp. They don't EACH give 50 mp and hp. So technically, if you wanted to boost your max mp for convert, an ether ring or vilma's ring + serket ring is still better. The rings are ok... But they won't replace anything that's already out there as being "better."

The only thing i'd say they may be useful for is the total of -2% magic damage taken for a pld. But even then, I think there are better things a PLD could wear on their fingers. Having more INT (could get +10) there would even probably lower the damage more than 2%

But congratulations to the OP on getting both and verifying the set. It's fun to hunt for new items ^^v

Edit: Oh i just realized one lowers physical damage by 1% and the other lowers magic damage by 1%. My bad :P
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-11-13 15:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they are still a fun alternative for people who can't muscle up a 1 million gil~ serket ring ect.

I enjoy when people take time after an update to explore the facts and find out things for themselves.

If you just read on wiki about gear and talk ***about it all day and put people down for trying are you really even enjoying this game anymore?

But i agree this is nothing game breaking, if you guys want a real challenge find out where that DRG body drops lol.
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-13 15:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly, Veronika. As I had said before...
Tbest said:
Why would you ever wear them?
Bomb Queen Ring or Bloodbead Ring for HP.
Vivian Ring or Serket Ring for MP.

Jelly Ring or Defending Ring for HP dmg.

And as Veronika said, -1% m dmg won't do anything. Most it'd do is what about 20 dmg on Citadel Buster for Ultima?
[+]
First Page 2