First Page 2
 Remora.Belius
Server: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-11-09 09:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

So.
What do you farm on BST to earn you ***-loads of money?
Like to literally roll in it so you can buy your own osodes and apollo staves, hmm?

>:( Say KS seals and I'll cry. I'm talking about epicwin NMs.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-09 09:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

None.

BST can't solo any of that stuff.

Mobs go unclaimed when you switch pets which means stolen claim which means sadface BST.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-11-09 09:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Solo bcnms/enms are the only things that I see bst make money on.
cause yeah, unless you got no one around while you camp that nm, you're screwed.
 Fenrir.Parak
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Parak 2009-11-09 09:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

BSTs should mine and then level goldsmithing. Sounds like a good way to bring in a crapload of gil.
 Fairy.Specopsz
Server: Fairy
user: Specopsz
By Fairy.Specopsz 2009-11-09 09:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I think everyone buys gil.
Not everyone has fishing up, not everyone has a ***LOAD of seals.
Not everyone has the gil to craft, you gota have gil to start crafting, an you need a high job to farm materials, an you need gil to level that job.
Its a chain reaction to people buying gil.
 Remora.Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-11-09 09:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm. I avoid that problem for the most part by just surprising the competition. Like casting sneak and then hitting heel, taking the mob away from wherever and they chase it like goones and agging everything otw. and I just calmly go 'o.o what ARE you guys doing?'

Or hitting heel when they least expect it, with my pet having 30% HP left then hitting leave cause most NMS are naturally faster than players.

There are ways around it.

Also /blockaid is a fun thing.

Kay, so we have GS + mining.. ENM solo and BST solo. Can BST solo ENMS? O.o Sheeps in antilions clothing, maybe? I'll try that.. :o
[+]
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-11-09 09:27:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Specopsz said:
Not everyone has the gil to craft, you gota have gil to start crafting, an you need a high job to farm materials, an you need gil to level that job.

That's quite a statement there.
 Remora.Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-11-09 09:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

And we have gilbuying! Not particularly found of that method tbh. I still wanna kick some total *** online..
[+]
 Remora.Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-11-09 09:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
Fairy.Specopsz said:

Innit.
 Fairy.Specopsz
By Fairy.Specopsz 2009-11-09 09:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
Fairy.Specopsz said:
I think everyone buys gil. Not everyone has fishing up, not everyone has a ***LOAD of seals. Not everyone has the gil to craft, you gota have gil to start crafting, an you need a high job to farm materials, an you need gil to level that job. Its a chain reaction to people buying gil.

Why thank you.
/tips hat.
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-11-09 09:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

This game is very unforgiving most the time especially for the newer players, however there are 1,000,001 alternative ways to make gil other than whats stated above.

1. Crafting does not require gil to start, patience is the key.
2. You get seals while leveling these jobs, damn I even go to a BLM solo spot where there are more than 1 pet and spend the time there killing them via 1 shot just for this reason.
3. Farm.
4. Gardening (Would not believe how much you can make from this, again takes patience).
5. There is nothing against the ToS saying you cannot manipulate the Auction House prices. (Business's in real life do this and will continue to do so).

I could go on for a long time about how you can or can't make gil but I won't as It's completely up to you on how you make you're own money, but never say everyone buys gil as that is basically admitting that you do it yourself.
 Fairy.Specopsz
By Fairy.Specopsz 2009-11-09 09:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
This game is very unforgiving most the time especially for the newer players, however there are 1,000,001 alternative ways to make gil other than whats stated above. 1. Crafting does not require gil to start, patience is the key. 2. You get seals while leveling these jobs, damn I even go to a BLM solo spot where there are more than 1 pet and spend the time there killing them via 1 shot just for this reason. 3. Farm. 4. Gardening (Would not believe how much you can make from this, again takes patience). 5. There is nothing against the ToS saying you cannot manipulate the Auction House prices. (Business's in real life do this and will continue to do so). I could go on for a long time about how you can or can't make gil but I won't as It's completely up to you on how you make you're own money, but never say everyone buys gil as that is basically admitting that you do it yourself.

Very true.
Not everyone has time to play the game though.
Not trying to make your statement sound stupid, not trying to make mine sound any better or stupid.
But most people have jobs, an familys to manage, so making gil is another thing lol. So besides actually getting to play the game, you have to spend time making gil. Which is dreadful.
 Hades.Peitha
Server: Hades
user: Peitha
By Hades.Peitha 2009-11-09 10:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

there's always low lvl crafting that can make you fast gil, antidontes, echo drops, ect..... it's not alot of gil but it adds up when its sold fast and cheap to make. You can also do end games, some shells have nice payouts, thats how i make my gil. Have fun =)
 Remora.Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-11-09 10:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not that those methods aren't all fine and dandy. It's the gil/hr which I'm concerned about. If say, I'm making around 20k/hr, I just see that as terrible. If I'm making 50k/hr. Then I don't really mind as much. But I know people can make up to 100k/hr and more.

Also, bcnms and I do not get along. 0/12 on RJ for phalanx scrolls and ni scrolls. It's silly. People say 50% chance, but the best thing I ever got was icespikes. Useful, mind.

But I do see your point. BST can pretty much solo every single maat they need to craft. I should pick up a craft.

Leathercraft, maybe? Since then I can do bone with it.. Same mobs.. I think.

Maybe I should go live off ononzo and get a fake KC.
 Remora.Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-11-09 10:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Peitha said:
there's always low lvl crafting that can make you fast gil, antidontes, echo drops, ect..... it's not alot of gil but it adds up when its sold fast and cheap to make. You can also do end games, some shells have nice payouts, thats how i make my gil. Have fun =)

Endgame takes BST now? :o I want to retire my RDM. Haha.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-09 10:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Belius said:
So.
What do you farm on BST to earn you ***-loads of money?
Like to literally roll in it so you can buy your own osodes and apollo staves, hmm?

>:( Say KS seals and I'll cry. I'm talking about epicwin NMs.

I'd suggest the tried and true Goobbue's in the tree. You get exp and with Super Kupopower: Treasure Hound the drops can be incredible at times. If you feel in the mood you can attempt to solo Ancient Goobbue there also using the crawlers for pets (flys and leeches are T and will mischarm/decharm to fast).

Other than that, I really haven't found much in the way of BST farming. Hakutaku eyes used to fetch fairly well but now almost everyone has an o.hat and they sell like 10k in bazaars (not the pop item, the loose eyes).

You could try for dragon blood from nightmare bats in Ifrit's Cauldron or SSG. The drop rate on it is horrific.
 Fairy.Specopsz
By Fairy.Specopsz 2009-11-09 10:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I do cooking, its great for solo jobs.
Well, in my opinion, like;
Farm cockatrice for the meat,
Farm gobs for the wild onions,
Buy the crystals, they're dirt cheap,
Khazam peppers, if I spelled that right can be bougten from the NPC in Khazam.
Just gota do alot of research.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-11-09 10:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Belius said:
So. What do you farm on BST to earn you ***-loads of money? Like to literally roll in it so you can buy your own osodes and apollo staves, hmm? >:( Say KS seals and I'll cry. I'm talking about epicwin NMs.

Find a good linkshell that does events and monthly payouts.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-09 10:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh right, you could also solo Despot in sky. I used to make bank off of him when the gems were selling for 600k/ea. Now on Garuda they're under 200k.
 Hades.Peitha
By Hades.Peitha 2009-11-09 10:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Belius said:
Hades.Peitha said:

Endgame takes BST now? :o I want to retire my RDM. Haha.

On my server I'm also with a LS called FunWithJugsReunion, They're a BST and SMN LS, they do sky, and have killed Kirin with np as BST.
 Remora.Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-11-09 10:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sky farming sounds awesome. I think people still do pay a nice amount for the gems!

I'm going to move to Hades! What time does FWJ do it's events? :o
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-09 10:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I heard that dragon blood in Sea Serpent is profitable.

You can also get dragon blood in Ifrit's Cauldrin too.
 Hades.Peitha
By Hades.Peitha 2009-11-09 10:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Belius said:
Sky farming sounds awesome. I think people still do pay a nice amount for the gems!

I'm going to move to Hades! What time does FWJ do it's events? :o

Yay! Come join us. My Dynamis shell is great as well with nice payouts. Send me a message if you change servers ^^
 Remora.Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-11-09 10:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fantastic ideas! And after this update I'm going to be a synergist.
The bonus of being in either of those zones means I get to keep an eye out for the NMS there.
Coughcharycough.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-11-09 10:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The drop rate on that blood off bats is utterly atrocious...
 Hades.Peitha
By Hades.Peitha 2009-11-09 10:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Belius said:
The bonus of being in either of those zones means I get to keep an eye out for the NMS there.
Coughcharycough.

O.o you don't have your joy toy yet aww /comfort Can easily duo him.
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-09 10:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Malekith said:
The drop rate on that blood off bats is utterly atrocious...

didn't know that.

I don't solo bats that often as SMN, so I don't know anything about the drop rate. I only know about that method of making money because a BST told me so.
 Remora.Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-11-09 10:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Peitha said:
Remora.Belius said:
Coughcharycough.

On bst?! :o

I'd love to move on over to that petshell, looked online at the forums but it never says what time the events are.
 Hades.Peitha
By Hades.Peitha 2009-11-09 10:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Belius said:
Hades.Peitha said:
Remora.Belius said:
Coughcharycough.

On bst?! :o

I'd love to move on over to that petshell, looked online at the forums but it never says what time the events are.

Sorry bout that, you need to go to their web site as they also do alot of other events you might like. Sky is on Saturday and Sundays I have to look up the time again. Like I said if you move plz let me knw so i can give you a pearl. ^^
First Page 2