What Happened Casual PT Shouts..

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » What happened casual PT shouts..
What happened casual PT shouts..
First Page 2 3 4 ... 9 10 11
By Thunderjet 2023-02-18 22:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Stayfresh said: »
Thunderjet said: »
so much angry

Maybe really quit and don’t come here if you hate it all that much.

Smoke some weed ffs.
How many languages do you speak and (write) i assume one
By Thunderjet 2023-02-18 22:34:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Sortie isn't new content?

Abyssea had a time limit

Private servers are not more stable, they regularly get black outs and crashes and need fixing. They also are filled with bugs including the newest one.
it had a time limit that u can extend and u can stack Stones to stay for a long *** time there are other examples too.
By Seun 2023-02-19 00:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Abyssea had a time limit
it had a time limit that u can extend and u can stack Stones to stay for a long *** time there are other examples too.

Abyssea really only had the initial quest that required you to enter/exit to start the cooldown. Beyond that it wasn't long at all before we figured out how to manipulate chest lights. I was in one of those tryhard groups that farmed blue light at the beginning of events to buffer our stone use, but we all quickly dropped that because it wasn't necessary.

All that said, Abyssea content worked in part because the population was still spread(or newly merged). IIRC this was the era of the game when they changed all of the world spawns to forced-spawns, they reduced the time between spawning NMs from single points and added several additional ??? to Abyssea. I don't think this content would work well today with how lopsided server populations are.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-02-19 01:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

We are paying a monthly Service not only we don't get *** new content we get Re hashed content, + Servers should be *** stable its 2023 For *** sake private server runs better Than *** Live Servers and they cant handle 10 or 20 groups in 1 Area What!? You clearly don't how remember how many people enter Abyssea?
IF THEY CANT CODE IT IT Should be an open world Not instanced.
Also Being saved in runs is an old *** system and should be easily doable we are PAYING MONTHLY SERVICE

I didn't say 10 or 20 groups in 1 area. I said hundred or thousands of instances, because with no time limit there would absolutely be an insane amount of people in there. If there was no time limit this problem would be absolutely insane.

And there's a giant difference between hosting a zone (abyssea) where 200 people are in the zone and hosting 200 or 500 instances of the same zone, each with their own sets of mobs, etc. How in the world do you think open world Sortie would work? Compete with other teams to claim the NMs? Also: what's to stop people from just cleaving the mobs repeatedly for infinite muffins, completing all their empy+3 armor in a weekend? Do you think about your suggestions for more than like...10 seconds?

Also there is no private server which has ever been as stable as retail, full stop. I cannot remember the last time there's ever been an unplanned outage on retail, certainly not in the last ~18 months I've been playing.

Some zones are laggy, like Odyssey and Dynamis [D], but hilariously no private server (that I'm aware of) actually has those zones or that content, so it's not really a fair comparison at all. In addition as others have mentioned, all private servers are notoriously buggy, missing massive amount of content, and crash on a regular basis.

How is Sortie rehashed content? It's a brand new event involving brand new currencies, brand new gear, new enemies, mechanics, and challenges.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-02-19 01:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Big mad up in here tonight.
[+]
By Dodik 2023-02-19 05:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't name one other MMO that has had monthly updates for 20 years and is still going.
By RadialArcana 2023-02-19 06:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's kind of turned into a bit of a meme to say the game gets no updates at this point, most people have no idea what the norm is at all.
[+]
By Rinuko 2023-02-19 06:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodik said: »
I can't name one other MMO that has had monthly updates for 20 years and is still going.
WoW is getting there, albeit not monthly updates but supported and getting updates.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-19 07:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It is disingenuous to call these updates, "updates"

I know you want to look at a ***sandwich and call it a BLT, but it ain't
[+]
By Dodik 2023-02-19 07:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

For the most part, sure, it's just rehashed content. But updates are updates, let's not be so pessimistic.

I sure don't expect new content every month and it would be silly to suggest every month should have something entirely new.
[+]
By Rinuko 2023-02-19 07:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

let's not be so pessimistic
Maybe a hot take, but that sums up this forum tbh
[+]
By RadialArcana 2023-02-19 07:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

They stated there would be no more content additions at all and it was going into maintenance mode, which means just purely keeping the game running with no development.

Then they added Odyssey, Mlev, added new monsters, opened a previously unreleased area, Sortie, are adding a whole new storyline, new endgame at the end of it, new armor sets, new weapons, new inventory loading systems, trash can to re-obtain items thrown away, new chat filters, lots of other stuff I can't remember.

If you want to see an mmorpg in maintenance mode, go check Guild Wars 1. It gets nothing, at all.

The game gets no more expansions, but it is being actively updated.

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-19 08:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

They do just enough to keep you stanning but far less than should actually keep stans

You get punched everyday and you'll sing the assaulters praises for a slap instead.
[+]
By Rinuko 2023-02-19 08:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just weird to me to throw derogatory names on people who still enjoy the game. It's like some don't have anything better to do but complain over a game they no longer play but can't move on.

Just weird behavior.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-02-19 09:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It's like the tamest form of old internet behavior. No need to worry about the haters.

Let's do keep it civil in here though. A little less profanity from the profane and all that.
[+]
By Dodik 2023-02-19 09:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Some people make me wonder why they even play the game and post on these forums if their view on it is so negative.

Oh well.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-02-19 09:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

For the most part, sure, it's just rehashed content. But updates are updates, let's not be so pessimistic.

I sure don't expect new content every month and it would be silly to suggest every month should have something entirely new.
I'm sorry but "we rotated the Ambuscade foes and cycled the loot" isnt an update. Addition of TVR is an update (and lately its been coming on 2 month cycles because "oops it wasnt finished in time, we were busy changing the dats in the wood and leather guilds, dats that no one would EVER notice"). Addition of Sortie was an update.

Rotating ambuscade isnt an update. Its an excuse to restart the 25 year old servers.
By missdivine 2023-02-19 09:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
They stated there would be no more content additions at all and it was going into maintenance mode, which means just purely keeping the game running with no development.

Then they added Odyssey, Mlev, added new monsters, opened a previously unreleased area, Sortie, are adding a whole new storyline, new endgame at the end of it, new armor sets, new weapons, new inventory loading systems, trash can to re-obtain items thrown away, new chat filters, lots of other stuff I can't remember.

If you want to see an mmorpg in maintenance mode, go check Guild Wars 1. It gets nothing, at all.

The game gets no more expansions, but it is being actively updated.

Oddesey/sortie/ is not "new content" those are just rehashed battlefields, nothing more. Ffxi dev team stated that lvl 75 era server is not profitable... They just need to get rid of all the ghost town servers such as Lakshmi, Levi, Fenrir, Cerberus.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-02-19 10:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

missdivine said: »
Oddesey/sortie/ is not "new content" those are just rehashed battlefields, nothing more.

I'm sorry, what? Sortie is not new content because it has the same monsters in it as previous content? So like...Dynamis - Beaucedine isn't new content because it only includes statues, beastmen, and dragons?

It has a new currency, new objectives, new mechanics, introduced new items...how could you possibly not include Sortie as new content?

I could sort of see the reasoning behind Odyssey new vengeance tiers being called not new content, but Odyssey itself is absolutely new content and was released well after they said the game was in "keep the lights on" mode. Once again, it has new areas, a currency, new mechanics, new items.

What exactly is the standard for new content? Do we need brand new monster types or something? Very confused.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-19 10:10:38
Link | Quote | Reply

It clears the lowest possible bar to call it "new content"

The absolute minimum effort required to keep your pitchfork stored away.

Your collective minimum being that low is what I take issue with. Have some standards.

(I didn't say you aren't allowed to enjoy it. Just recognize it for what it is)
[+]
 Asura.Xysto
By Asura.Xysto 2023-02-19 10:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
missdivine said: »
Oddesey/sortie/ is not "new content" those are just rehashed battlefields, nothing more.

I'm sorry, what? Sortie is not new content because it has the same monsters in it as previous content? So like...Dynamis - Beaucedine isn't new content because it only includes statues, beastmen, and dragons?

It has a new currency, new objectives, new mechanics, introduced new items...how could you possibly not include Sortie as new content?

I could sort of see the reasoning behind Odyssey new vengeance tiers being called not new content, but Odyssey itself is absolutely new content and was released well after they said the game was in "keep the lights on" mode. Once again, it has new areas, a currency, new mechanics, new items.

What exactly is the standard for new content? Do we need brand new monster types or something? Very confused.
Dynamis - Beaucedine is linked to an expan storyline with quests content. Don't try so hard to defend something that is clearly black and white.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-02-19 10:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xysto said: »
Dynamis - Beaucedine actually has storyline content and is linked to expansion storyline. Don't try so hard to defend something that is clearly black and white.

Oh yeah everyone was crawling all over themselves to do Dynamis - Beaucedine for the thrilling story of Angra Mainyu. I forgot, that's absolutely why we called it content.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-02-19 10:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It really isn't new content. More like rehashed.

I mean look at oddy. Just increase the levels and add gimmicks to already existing mob types in already existing zones that already existed for years, but add in a quick pallet swap annnnnd done.

This game is a ball of rehashed content since ROV.

What exactly is the standard for new content?

brand new monster types or zones.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-02-19 10:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

So everyone wants an expansion, and will accept nothing less. That's fine, just call it what it is, you want an expansion, not content.

I don't have a perfect memory, but IIRC they have literally never added new monster types or zones outside of an expansion. Other than Silver Knife and Odyssey Sheols.
[+]
By Nariont 2023-02-19 10:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have a perfect memory, but IIRC they have literally never added new monster types or zones outside of an expansion. Other than Silver Knife and Odyssey Sheols.

Think VW is the only exception, least i dont recall naraka's harpy's and such before that, not sure if that ties into aby expansion though or not.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-19 10:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Meeble Burrows added meebles, maroliths, giant gnat species and Yztarg without expansion (I think panopts too)

Meebles may exist in Maze Mongers I'm not sure, but still added without expansion

VW added the still un-reskinned dragongodthing
[+]
By Dodik 2023-02-19 10:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, sounds like "new content" can only mean "expansion" to some.

I don't call Abyssea an expansion because it is barely that. All the Abyssea zones existed already, VW just adds an "Aby - " prefix. "New" monster types are just rehashed HNMs.

But it's new content.

See, two can play the semantics game.
By RadialArcana 2023-02-19 11:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Dynamis - Beaucedine is linked to an expan storyline with quests content. Don't try so hard to defend something that is clearly black and white.

You're grinding new characters on a private server that barely works, of a game in the state it was 15 years ago and you're complaining cause something doesn't meet your standards of "new"?

like if you wanna lfg for 5 hours a day and struggle to make 2k gil selling crystals, with the goal of getting to cap and compete for hnm against the people running the server then you do you but calm down with the "it's not new so not worth my time" nonsense
[+]
By CrAZYVIC 2023-02-19 11:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

As mentioned before the end-game of FFXI is currently quite difficult and I am not surprised after all it is done by the same dev-team that does the Extreme primals & Savage Raids of FFXIV. It's not noob friendly.

At lv 75 and on private servers you see so many "Shouts" because they make such content.

limit break 2
Bastok 2-3
Sandy 5-2
RoZ progression
CoP progression.

Cop being the only one that is "tedious" due to traveling, time consuming but the battles are not difficult.

Although the LV75 end game is easy compared to modern Standards, you won't see shouts for the skygods, kirin, KSNM99, ultima, omega or dynamis lord on private servers. You do that content with your private End-Game LS.

If you want to blame someone, blame the devs, not the players, all these people have been here for 8+ years working hard to get REMAS, best slot item for their jobs and obviously they will ask you for similar gear if you want to raid with them.

If the content was Dev for 12 players with OdysseyV15 gear, but letting you enter without restrictions 6, 12, 18 players would be more "New player", "Returning player" friendly.

If you have OdysseyV30 gear and your group is hardcore with 6 people you complete it
If your party is midcore you enter with 12 players as originally designed
If your LS is more casual you put 18 people with ambuscade +2 gear, Odysseyv0 gear etc.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-02-19 12:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »

You're grinding new characters on a private server that barely works, of a game in the state it was 15 years ago and you're complaining cause something doesn't meet your standards of "new"?
He's not wrong.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 9 10 11