New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Windower » General » Multibox Login
Multibox Login
By Rankyaku 2022-12-16 13:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello!

I'm curious if anyone has any suggestions or leads on an addon/program that facilitates multibox logins more seamlessly than the current system of 4 accounts+2 guest logins.

thanks!
By ForteGSX 2022-12-16 13:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/53364/multipol-handle-more-than-4-pol-accounts/

This has helped with the guest logins but for fully automating login, I don't think theres anything like that out that I am aware of
 Bismarck.Demetor
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Demetor
By Bismarck.Demetor 2022-12-16 13:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The behind the scenes way if you don't feel like downloading a tool -

Login information is saved to ..\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\usr\all\login_w.bin

You can login 4 people, save a copy of that file somewhere as like Set1.Bin, repeat for as many sets of 4 as needed, then rotate those files into the login_w.bin position as needed for each set of logins. This part can easily be batched so you don't have to manually copy/paste everytime and stuff.
Code
copy /Y "Path To SetX.bin" "C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\usr\all"
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\usr\all"
del "login_w.bin"
ren "SetX.bin" "login_w.bin"

For logging all the way in, this could be automated with pretty much any programming language but feel that's more something people would build for themselves on a case-by-case basis, rather than make it to share with everyone.
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2022-12-16 14:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

You can also use the US and EU clients each with 4 accounts, this require more initial setup but after words it is just launching a different pol
By Rankyaku 2022-12-16 15:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks everyone!

I looked into some programming options to write scripts to log in automatically.

Honestly, with all the addons that exist, on top of windower, it's kind of shocking to me that there isn't a '1 click' method of getting your character logged in.

I have to assume it's possible; I just have no idea how to program it /shrug
 Asura.Malkavius
Server: Asura
user: Malkavius
By Asura.Malkavius 2022-12-16 18:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I have this same issue. Maybe I will whip up something to automate it and stick it in Github
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2022-12-16 19:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

load up POL, add in your four accounts, log in with all of them so you get through all the stupid one-time prompts.
Go to C:\ProgFiles\POL\SE\POLView\usr\all
rename login_w.bin to 1.bin
Load up POL again, it should make a new login_w.bin and everything cleared. Add your other two accounts and login in with both of them.
rename login_w.bin to 2.bin

open notepad and add the following, edit path as necessary:
copy "C:\PFiles\POL\SE\POLView\usr\all\1.bin" "C:\PFiles\POL\SE\POLView\usr\all\login_w.bin"
"C:\Users\me\Desktop\Windower\Windower.lnk" <-this is a shortcut made that opens windower with your default profile

Save the file to your desktop as whatever.bat
make a copy of it and edit 1.bin to 2.bin

If its all the same SEID, you can add the following to the batch file:
echo|set/p=yourpassword|clip

This will add "yourpassword" to clipboard. Loading up XI or entering a wrong password will clear the clipboard if you werent aware.
By bw555 2022-12-23 14:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I made a small program a few months ago that you might find useful, it appears that it is still functional. However, there are some caveats involved and some setup is required which you can read about in the README below:

LoginAssistFFXI Github Page