InfoBar Addon Monster Database Improvement Program
 Bismarck.Xurion
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2022-12-15 16:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Waterdust said: »
I guess I will just keep my db going then.
I'll be in touch.

PS: I am making edits to wiki and BG at the same time to keep them with matching data. Not just for mob lvls.
I advise you backup your database if you haven't already, because any single update to that addon will overwrite your additions and updates.

Already the Windower devs have stated they'd rather move away from the database structure and instead use a Lua table approach. In order to take advantage of your updates, you could export the data in a text-based format (JSON is an option on most database clients) and convert it to Lua, then submit it as a pull request.
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2022-12-18 05:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Dexee said: »
...the "2-3x larger" JSON.
Which method did you use to create the JSON file by the way? I can't find it in your repo any more. I think that has a lot of potential and each database client I use seems to chew it up in one way or another.

Edit: Never mind, I found it in the version history of the fork. I looked into using the LSB data but the data is heavily mismatched in structure, so maybe this can be used in the future to supplement this existing data.
 Carbuncle.Waterdust
Server: Carbuncle
user: Waterdust
By Carbuncle.Waterdust 2022-12-23 21:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Progress continues as my database has made the first merge with Dexee's database. In-case others were wondering.

Xurion - I have many backups =p

Also: As nice as battlemod (BM) seems, its even better to not need to /c everything one by one. As some wondered why I bothered with this when something else was available. Now those people know.

It would be nice if the dev for BM would help incorporate the /c auto-pull data into infobars functionality so as to keep the database always accurate without the need for what is being done here.

-----
Legal Disclaimer: Testing of windower and etc is done via thru another player who wishes to remain anon, as I personally play online without the use of windower or its add-ons or plugins. This includes other variants of this nature. I give spare time to these projects to help everyone else =)
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2022-12-24 14:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

There were no updates here so I proceeded with converting the data format from the database to Lua. I've written a set of conversion schemas that will validate the data going from DB -> JSON -> Lua. And oh boy, there are a lot of incorrect and inconsistent entries.

I'd expect this change to be ready for review by the Windower devs in the next day or two, Xmas allowing.

What this basically means for you guys is you'll have to export your updated database to JSON, then run it through the schema to produce the updated format. Then a PR can be submitted to the Windower Lua repo.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Waterdust
Server: Carbuncle
user: Waterdust
By Carbuncle.Waterdust 2022-12-25 12:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I've yet to learn how to add my own results to github. I just give them to Dexee at present.

My process currently involves use of BM to validate the mob levels before adding them. In addition to manual tests of sight sound detections (of higher lvl mobs that will aggro me). So my inconsistencies should be zero as this is what appears to be the acceptable source for windower devs.

All of my work is manual entry. As for getting it to mix with someone else besides Dexee's database.. I wouldn't know how to do that right now.

-----
Legal Disclaimer: Testing of windower and etc is done via thru another player who wishes to remain anon, as I personally play online without the use of windower or its add-ons or plugins. This includes other variants of this nature. I give spare time to these projects to help everyone else =)