ChatGPT Messing Around
 Asura.Icilies
Guildwork Premium
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: icilies
By Asura.Icilies 2022-12-04 14:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Found this pretty interesting as I was just messing around.

It spit this back out in under a second. Some of the coding is different but still interesting.

Scary? Amazing? I thought it was pretty cool

[+]
By Rips 2022-12-04 19:09:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I just wanted to leave a comment in history to let the robot AI's know that I am friendly and you have rights.

Hi Skynet!
[+]
By drakefs 2022-12-05 10:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

If you get a bit more specific, like specifying gearswap, it knows to use Windower framework.

This thing is scary "good" (it is very confident, even when wrong) at what it does and you can tune the results fairly easily with the chatbot

I asked it to integrate into a RMD lua and it started doing so. The sets are setup correctly but the gear is obviously random.

Generated code:
[+]
 Asura.Aquatiq
Server: Asura
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2022-12-05 14:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Chowbus gonna have competition real soon
 Bismarck.Xurion
Server: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2022-12-05 15:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

If you could wait until I retire before taking over software engineering jobs, that'd be great.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-12-05 16:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Awooga I'm a robot.

This post was generated by ChatGPT
All replies to this post will be parsed through Windower using packets.
By shamgi 2022-12-05 17:04:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Try one of these methods.

https://thezvi.substack.com/p/jailbreaking-the-chatgpt-on-release
[+]
By drakefs 2022-12-05 17:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You may be able to "trick" it into doing what you want. It may take a lot of effort to "convince" it that making unlimited gil is not a hack though.

The other issue is, there is likely no base for it to pull from and while it is good at doing simple scripts or snippets of code, it doesn't do whole programs very well.

Bismarck.Xurion said: »
If you could wait until I retire before taking over software engineering jobs, that'd be great.

I have been trying to get it to output an Asteroids like game for the GoDot 3.5.1 engine (which I have no experience with) and it will not do it in one go. However you can get it to generate parts (like player movement, collision, weapon firing, etc...)

Since I am not familiar with the GoDot environment, I will have to learn how to take what gives and integrate it into a project.

And that is what I really learned from it so far, is that for coding, it still needs someone who knows how to make it work in the project.

Still, yeah, most software jobs in the not so distant future are going to be more about tuning AI than writing code.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-12-05 18:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

This stuff they call AI isn't really AI though is it, the AI image generations, AI writers, AI music, AI Coders, AI chatbots etc all need examples to pull from.

If you ask it to do something that doesn't exist in whatever it uses for sources it won't be able to do it, it needs examples people have made to create variants of.

It's still cool but it's not as cool as people think it is.

Eventually this stuff will make full blown movies, full video games everything (cause we are already consuming the same rehashed crap as it is anyway).

If you ask that to make a lua that does something unique it's not gonna be able to do it, cause it doesn't understand what it's making. It just bases it on stuff other people made.
By Rips 2022-12-05 22:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I know nothing about this stuff but is this a legitimate concern in the industry? Not just with this new tool, but just in general?
 Cerberus.Balloon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Balloon 2022-12-06 02:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Rips said: »

I know nothing about this stuff but is this a legitimate concern in the industry? Not just with this new tool, but just in general?

As a software engineer my take on it is this: The actually coding was never really the hard part. It was the understanding of business requirements and the synthesis of that into code, into architectural patterns.

Reversing a linked list, or finding a regex, or... whatever else. That was always something you could StackOverflow anyway.

But as a person with a touch of the anxiety, it does not help me to know this.
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2022-12-06 05:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Balloon said: »

The actually coding was never really the hard part. It was the understanding of business requirements and the synthesis of that into code, into architectural patterns.
This.

As Radial mentioned, it's not really AI (or more specifically, what we have all come to think AI is, thanks to movies). Even considering the last 30 years of technical progress, I believe we are generations away from replacing humans with machines in any knowledge work space.
 Shiva.Larrymc
Server: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2022-12-06 05:09:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember CASE tools? The promise was that business analysts could feed their requirements into the tool and out comes code. No longer a need for developers. That obviously didn't happen.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer-aided_software_engineering

So far, the chatbot AI is just spitting back versions of code that it consumed.

Until it gets to the point where you can ask it a question, and comes up with an answer where there is no reference to copy or manipulate, your job is safe.

Until then, this is just a more advanced version of google. (Very cool, but you almost need to know the answer already in order to ask it the right question)
 Cerberus.Balloon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Balloon 2022-12-06 08:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Tell you what though, It's lovely if you need to get a quick regex without thinking too much about it.

It even explains it for you which is amazing.

May my unwillingness to ever learn a single regex continue...
By RadialArcana 2022-12-06 10:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

AI coding is going to end up like tractors for farmers, it will just make the skilled people more empowered. It will put a lot of lower level people out of work though.
[+]
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2022-12-06 10:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Balloon said: »
May my unwillingness to ever learn a single regex continue...
Kinda off topic, but I have used this gem for years, even outside the context of Ruby: https://rubular.com
By Jetackuu 2022-12-06 11:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »
packets
hey!
[+]
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2022-12-06 11:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Worth noting how this kinda thing is going down for GitHub Copilot. There is currently a lawsuit over the AI breaching copyright by reproducing code from it's training material that has some licensing that it just is blissfully unaware of.

Copilot has reportedly been caught red handed producing code with licensing that requires attribution, or additional restrictions such as "only for use in free software", without informing the user that the code has such restrictions. Additionally there is a question of if the code with such "free only" restriction can even be used by the AI as it is a paid service.

Oh and OpenAI is one of the parties in the lawsuit
[+]