New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » EU Day Time Players Needed
EU Day Time Players Needed
First Page 2
By Deezzer 2022-11-17 23:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems like the hardest group to find but im looking for endgame EU day time players on Bahamut.
By Deezzer 2022-11-20 10:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

nobody.
 Asura.Jokes
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: JLB1
By Asura.Jokes 2022-11-20 11:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I also play a bit in the day (UK) when I probably shout be working, and spent several months on Bahamut. It was basically JP only during that period.

On Asura you get the late night PST players in the morning 6/7am (gmt), then lots of Chinese players from 10am gmt until 3pm. EST players from around midday.

Your best bet would be to catch the PST players that play late (6am GMT is 10pm PST) if they exist on Bahamut, or move over to the dark side!
[+]
By Dazusu 2022-11-20 13:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Can confirm, hard to find a decent UK/GMT group :<
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Thorgrimm 2022-11-20 17:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quite a lot of EU players have left too. I left for a few months to come back and find the EU LS I was in (Midguardians) was empty. I suspect that the constant grinding just got too much. I can hardly blame them, what with Odyssey, ML and now Sortie. It was Odyssey that made me leave.
By Deezzer 2022-11-20 21:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

You are right and that is my dilemma. I play 6 days a week at work and thats during the day EU time. USA is going to bed and EU hasnt got back online yet. Im in 2 really good LS on bahamut but they all run when im asleep. Might have to go to the dark side as mentioned above.
By Draylo 2022-11-20 22:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Really isn't more of a grind than it always has been.. I think its just the game is aging, the company is not putting many resources into it and promoting it. There are tons of other games that came out and people are playing those. When people see others quitting, it makes them want to quit too. The grind has been there since day1, its much better than it used to be so lets be real. If this game was still getting 100% funding and everyone was playing, you would be stomaching that grind just like in other games.

Odyssey is not even a grind, you can complete it at your own pace. One segment run is practically a few boss runs in itself. The gear isn't needed for almost anything else in the game, you can complete 95% of the game with the base gear. ML is a grind that most are doing afk, Sortie is boring but still soloable for progress on what people want. Everyone is just constantly making excuses, I'm just saying the reality.

Another reason you probably wont find too many to play with is because everyone and their grandma is 6 boxing. Its something I spoke out against for years as being a slight downfall of the community. Tons of people kept coming in and saying it actually helps because they use the characters to help others, but that was BS. Its simply pay to win greed in most cases and really hurt the game in my opinion.
[+]
By Afania 2022-11-21 00:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Really isn't more of a grind than it always has been.. I think its just the game is aging, the company is not putting many resources into it and promoting it.

You can't "promote" a game with money if people isn't interested, it's less effective than simply letting players telling their friends to play with them. And even if people get interested with a fancy ad they aren't going to stay for long.

It's true that as a subscription based service FFXI faces a lot of competition these days. Game pass is super cheap, and there are mobile games that friend/co-worker plays. So whatever people can "tolerate" in 2008 this is no longer the case now.

I play roughly the same time as the OP and pretty much faced the same dilemma that they have. Although I can solo sortie to complete my empy and join JP PUG for segs/ML, getting v20 clears requires very specific people and setup. So it was really difficult to even find people for it. Most of the qualified people that I know of plays on totally different time. So whatever "fun" people told me about their Ody static I can't experience it.

This is not like 2008 that whenever I log on I can still join endless exp pt from shout. Or join Singapore/JP LS for endgame because content has spot for a gaijin.

To OP: if you play on early EU time, you have to join JP shout for most things. Occasionally there are English PUG but they generally perform worse than est PUG from my experience. Last time when I joined a few English PUG at 5-9am est they average 3k segs. But est PUG can hit 8-11k per run, due to leaders can build half a pt with their friends/LS before they start instead of shouting every member from scratch.
By Draylo 2022-11-21 00:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah which is a result of people quitting, for the other games or because others/friends are quitting. If everyone was still around, people would not mind the grind its pretty obvious. A grind would be back during Voidwatch era when most of us went 0/200+ on equips. This is nothing in comparison, and does not require as much luck or grind.

Yes you can promote a game, just like any business or product... Most people STILL think this game was shut down long ago. Others dont even know what it is or that it exists.
 Asura.Shaedhen
Server: Asura
user: Shadowwww
By Asura.Shaedhen 2022-11-21 00:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know how it is on other servers but on Asura you can also try to find some people from Australia/New Zealand to play with.
There isn't that much, but there's definitely some people.
I'm in the same boat : EU playing during daytime mostly (thanks to work at home and flexible schedule). That's what I ended up doing and it's working well : Usually events occurs during morning/midday and I got second half of the afternoon free.
By Afania 2022-11-21 00:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes you can promote a game, just like any business or product...

Exactly HOW are you going to promote FFXI so they ditch other games for FFXI? Just saying FFXI existed and server is still active isn't going to do anything. Because fundamentally what makes you think the game is fun isn't the same for other people. On the other hand if FFXI is changed to please most of the current gen players then it wouldn't be fun for you.

If I remember correctly SE still promotes XI on Twitter. If that isn't getting player interested then it's because of the game itself.
By Draylo 2022-11-21 00:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You must never have had any experience with advertising or understand the business concept of it. Its not just a twitter account posting crap.. Take a look at XIV and how much money they've pumped into that ad engine. They clearly have not had any interest in promoting this game through most means. There is a large enough market to make it worthwhile, plenty of older games and retro games still getting promotion. They dont have to ditch other games, its not one or the other. Especially in todays world where tons of people have huge lists of subscriptions to netflix, disney+ and all kinds of sub based things.
By Afania 2022-11-21 01:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

You must never have had any experience with advertising or understand the business concept of it. Its not just a twitter account posting crap.. Take a look at XIV and how much money they've pumped into that ad engine. They clearly have not had any interest in promoting this game through most means.

You need to have a marketable product if you want good results from ad. FFXIV gets a remake, and expansions are released on 2015/2017/2019/2021. So every single release is a good chance to do promotion. Further more, since a lot of people quit wow for FFXIV and big name streamers start streaming FFXIV, that also created several waves of promotion and exposure for this game.

Finally, ffxiv's metacritic score is extremely high. Endwalker is 92%, shadowbringers is 90%. In gaming industry, getting strong reviews from the critics and the gaming community is the No.1 most effective way to market a game. No matter how much money you throw away at ads, people are less likely to care about a 6/10 game. We get too many of these.

This is why FFXIV feels like it always has exposure. The game itself just generates traffic.

This formula doesn't work for FFXI. FFXI hasn't get new expansions with good reviews and MMO players quitting wow isn't coming to FFXI. Even if you throw out ads this way it's really nothing to look at.

What should you market FFXI with exactly? VR is FFXI's newest mini expansion and it's super boring tbh. As a gamer I struggle to give it more than 5/10. If I am a streamer and SE pay me to market for them I wouldn't know what to say except "yeah, long *** cutscenes about side characters that I don't care about, with small amount of new models introduced. Nothing new to see here.", lol.

If they do a FFXI remake or something, or at least a new expansion with 5 more jobs and 20 more locations and 3-5 more epic raid bosses and a 9/10 story then maybe it'll generate some traffic. But atm, any "ad" aren't going to be nearly as effective as FFXIV because of the game itself.

plenty of older games and retro games still getting promotion.

They are, because remaking an old classic game like ff6 is several times cheaper and easier than remaking a whole 3D MMO that competes with SE's own product.
By Draylo 2022-11-21 01:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply

This is all your opinion. Has no bearing on actual business. If that was the case, no game would be made outside the candy crush, minecraft or battle royal styles... not everyone shares the same opinion. There is a large market for retro gaming in general.
By Afania 2022-11-21 01:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

This is all your opinion. Has no bearing on actual business. If that was the case, no game would be made outside the candy crush, minecraft or battle royal styles... not everyone shares the same opinion. There is a large market for retro gaming in general.

I don't know how you jump into such conclusion after what I wrote. Honestly confused. You complained about 14 getting more traffic and I was just explaining why it did. I didn't say niche games shouldn't be made at all.

FFXI belongs to sub based MMO market like ff14, not retro game market like ff6. I don't think they should be compared.
By Draylo 2022-11-21 02:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It's better we don't go there, you can keep your opinion. My point was, a big reason you can't find other players or some are quitting is because this game has practically 0 advertising or investment from SE. People literally think this game died and doesn't exist. I had posted some of my figures on my collector social media and people don't even know this game exists or what it's from. Opinions aside if this game is appealing, it's a fact they have practically no advertising and it's affecting the games health overall.
By Afania 2022-11-21 02:38:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It's better we don't go there, you can keep your opinion. My point was, a big reason you can't find other players or some are quitting is because this game has practically 0 advertising or investment from SE. People literally think this game died and doesn't exist. I had posted some of my figures on my collector social media and people don't even know this game exists or what it's from. Opinions aside if this game is appealing, it's a fact they have practically no advertising and it's affecting the games health overall.

FFXI by nature is just NOT a mainstream game, I don't think you would disagree.

Most people don't know/care about it, precisely because of that.
You seem to blame "advertising" for it's popularity outside of the niche circle when the core reason is simply just FFXI being niche. Even if you promote a niche game to everybody many of them will just ignore, that's not the best use of money.

if you post FFXI in a generalized group on social media of course they wouldn't know, they don't belong to niche MMO target audience. You can post any niche MMO titles like Mortal Online and I bet they also wouldn't know. Except you don't see mortal online players complain about the lack of mainstream appeal because that's precisely what they wanted.

You can boost the traffic and exposure with a strong expansion or or a remake or possibly graphic/gameplay update. But unless the game has strong mainstream appeal like FFXIV, expect people choose not to care. That's how it goes.
[+]
By Thorgrimm 2022-11-23 14:59:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Really isn't more of a grind than it always has been.. I think its just the game is aging, the company is not putting many resources into it and promoting it. There are tons of other games that came out and people are playing those. When people see others quitting, it makes them want to quit too. The grind has been there since day1, its much better than it used to be so lets be real. If this game was still getting 100% funding and everyone was playing, you would be stomaching that grind just like in other games.

It's nothing to do with the promotion. People are quitting in droves because they perceive that nowadays there's too much grind.

I'm probably what you call a casual player; I've only got one job mastered, haven't got the time or inclination to master any other jobs. I've made one relic, one empyrean and an aeonic weapon. I've got a mixture of +3 relic and +3 AF armour. I don't multibox or anything like that.

I play a job that isn't considered useful for either Odyssey or Sortie (THF). With Odyssey you need a dedicated group of players with specific jobs. It's not at all inclusive. I've only ventured in there solo a few times and haven't been further than Sheol B. I'm not complaining, it's just something I haven't bothered doing. Sortie's quite similar in that you're probably best off in a dedicated group (where THF isn't useful).

ML are doable solo but I took a fair few hours killing bats soloing ML6 to ML7 which was just over 20K EP. If I want to get to ML50, from ML7 it's just over 29.5 million EP. Let's be generous and say I can do 10K EP an hour, that's 100 hours per million EP and 2950 hours to max out at ML50. When I play, I probably play maybe 2 hours a day (and not every day). It'd take me years to max just one job (and by then there'd be more ML, probably up to ML99). That's just my case. There are casual players like me with far more mastered jobs who'd want to max out the ML on all their mastered jobs. You're absolutely deluded if you think the game's not grindy at the moment. I can totally see why most of my LS quit the game.
By Draylo 2022-11-23 18:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Not deluded, I am just realistic and its the truth. The game is not more grindy now than it ever has been. Its ALWAYS been grind in various forms, literally always. I have played thru every era of this game and am more casual now but I was hardcore thru almost every era. You are trying to tell me that getting master levels (which most bot afk) is all the grind... yet did you not see my earlier example of Voidwatch? I literally went 1/250+ on so many NMs... Pil was the worst for me. I remember people used to keep those counts in their bazaar, 1/500 Pil, 1/300 Akvan. You can't tell me that a RNG grind isn't worse than exp grind... At least with EXP you can make progress whenever you want and in various forms, back then I had to shout every day to fill an alliance to do Pil and various VW NMs, that was a grind.

You don't have to max out ML, its not needed for anything. You just have to wait for them to add ways to increase EP bonus which is almost certainly coming. Everything else can be done at your own pace and leisure. There are so many ways to get things done these days, its insane. You can even use Gil to bypass almost everything if you wanted to, couldn't do that with something like Voidwatch.

Yes, it does have to do with promotion. I already stated why earlier, and its obvious they dont care to do it. Also, servers having population of 300 people is leading more to quit especially returning players. When they come to see how the game is doing and see 300 people online they will quit and tell everyone its dead. There are so many problems with promotion and clean up that SE needs to handle.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-11-23 18:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

You seem to blame "advertising" for it's popularity outside of the niche circle when the core reason is simply just FFXI being niche. Even if you promote a niche game to everybody many of them will just ignore, that's not the best use of money.

if you post FFXI in a generalized group on social media of course they wouldn't know, they don't belong to niche MMO target audience. You can post any niche MMO titles like Mortal Online and I bet they also wouldn't know. Except you don't see mortal online players complain about the lack of mainstream appeal because that's precisely what they wanted.

You can boost the traffic and exposure with a strong expansion or or a remake or possibly graphic/gameplay update. But unless the game has strong mainstream appeal like FFXIV, expect people choose not to care. That's how it goes.

This is not some indy game. This is a mainline FF game, what are you talking about? Of course it would benefit from promotion, stop using your opinion to predict the future. Plenty of people would be interested in the game. While an expansion or something new would help boost that, it can always benefit from exposure and promotion.
By Afania 2022-11-24 04:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course it would benefit from promotion, stop using your opinion to predict the future

Literally any marketing strategist will try to predict the future before they spend money on a campaign. Of course nobody is always right when it comes to prediction. But most people would rather not take the risk with their money unless there is a very good reason to.

On a side note - have you try to promote this game to your friends and family who have np playing mmo? If you have what's the result?

I have. And the reaction that I got was always either "awwww this game sounds grindy" or "the graphic looks outdated". But those people have np playing ff14.

If promotions from friend or family doesn't work well on an average gamer, what makes you think an ad (which is known to have worse effect than words of mouth from friend or family in marketing) works any better?

It seems like SE's choice on resources allocation is perfectly logical. Better to save money and be wrong, than lose money and be wrong. People who want a niche MMO playing experience will go out and ask around in a dedicated MMO community and find ffxi this way. Those who doesn't probably isn't ffxi's target audience to begin with .

The game is not more grindy now

Except player's standard on what's "grindy" has changed over the years. Video games are much faster when it comes to pacing in the recent years, with many genre and game pass service totally aim to give players instant gratification as soon as they enter the game.

and FFXI is competing with all of these competitors.

FFXI may not change much, but the world has changed.

This is a mainline FF game,

Does that matter? Go check how many average FF fans on Reddit who totally skips FFXI when they brag about how many FF that they've played, lol. It's just not a game for everybody, not even to average FF fans only into single player jrpg.
 Bismarck.Oldmancebi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Oldmancebi 2022-11-24 04:46:29
Link | Quote | Reply

KujahFoxfire said: »
Theres plenty of UK/EU players on Baha and I know quite a few myself but the problem is between the hours of 9-5 everyone is at work.

Can confirm. Would love to do group stuff, but my server is more US/JPN so half the stuff I want to do with groups I'm passing out from working all day D:
By Thorgrimm 2022-11-24 04:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Not deluded, I am just realistic and its the truth. The game is not more grindy now than it ever has been. Its ALWAYS been grind in various forms, literally always. I have played thru every era of this game and am more casual now but I was hardcore thru almost every era. You are trying to tell me that getting master levels (which most bot afk) is all the grind... yet did you not see my earlier example of Voidwatch? I literally went 1/250+ on so many NMs... Pil was the worst for me. I remember people used to keep those counts in their bazaar, 1/500 Pil, 1/300 Akvan. You can't tell me that a RNG grind isn't worse than exp grind... At least with EXP you can make progress whenever you want and in various forms, back then I had to shout every day to fill an alliance to do Pil and various VW NMs, that was a grind.

You don't have to max out ML, its not needed for anything. You just have to wait for them to add ways to increase EP bonus which is almost certainly coming. Everything else can be done at your own pace and leisure. There are so many ways to get things done these days, its insane. You can even use Gil to bypass almost everything if you wanted to, couldn't do that with something like Voidwatch.

Yes, it does have to do with promotion. I already stated why earlier, and its obvious they dont care to do it. Also, servers having population of 300 people is leading more to quit especially returning players. When they come to see how the game is doing and see 300 people online they will quit and tell everyone its dead. There are so many problems with promotion and clean up that SE needs to handle.

Yes, you did quote Voidwatch, which was a personal grind for you which you chose to do as a hardcore player at the time. Meanwhile, along with other casuals I suspect, I didn't even do it at the time and didn't really see the point (I still haven't finished Voidwatch or things like Neo Nyzul Isle and I doubt whether I will). I'm not even sure that I was in a LS that did events at that point. Personally, it wasn't a priority for me so I avoided all that grind as it wasn't needed for progression (in the way that it wasn't a barrier you had to pass to be able to level up).

Now ML are something that should interest everyone who wants to progress their character. They literally give you extra stats AND level you up (at least allowing you to have a higher level subjob than level 49). Along with this, you actually get more abilities available to use as your subjob level increases to make your job more useful in both party and solo situations. It's a lot more desirable, for me at least, than plodding endlessly through Voidwatch in the hope of a drop that isn't as groundbreaking as adding 50 to every stat, adding several hundred HP and also unlocking multiple extra abilities from your subjob. Not everybody bots (or even knows how to) or pays gil to mercenaries either.
By Draylo 2022-11-24 05:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Thorgrimm said: »
Yes, you did quote Voidwatch, which was a personal grind for you which you chose to do as a hardcore player at the time. Meanwhile, along with other casuals I suspect, I didn't even do it at the time and didn't really see the point (I still haven't finished Voidwatch or things like Neo Nyzul Isle and I doubt whether I will). I'm not even sure that I was in a LS that did events at that point. Personally, it wasn't a priority for me so I avoided all that grind as it wasn't needed for progression (in the way that it wasn't a barrier you had to pass to be able to level up).

It was the premier end game at the time and was typically done in pick up groups, you didnt need an LS. So you willingly skipped content that actively progressed your character via gear (you complained about Odyssey.)

Quote:
Now ML are something that should interest everyone who wants to progress their character. They literally give you extra stats AND level you up (at least allowing you to have a higher level subjob than level 49). Along with this, you actually get more abilities available to use as your subjob level increases to make your job more useful in both party and solo situations. It's a lot more desirable, for me at least, than plodding endlessly through Voidwatch in the hope of a drop that isn't as groundbreaking as adding 50 to every stat, adding several hundred HP and also unlocking multiple extra abilities from your subjob. Not everybody bots (or even knows how to) or pays gil to mercenaries either.

Um not really, its not required or needed for literally anything in the game except perhaps v25+ Odyssey eventually. The thing about bots or mercs is that you have OPTIONS. You literally have every option at your disposal these days to complete content or progress your character without relying on RNG.

You just seem like you're complaining despite any logic and just want to complain. There is no difference in gaining powerful gear or these levels. They both progress your character and can be done over time (they are adding EP bonuses in the future) and in various methods like I keep saying. Its not as big of a grind overall as you are making it out to be. You say you skipped the top end content of that era because you weren't interested, but now all of a sudden a similar method to progress your character is somehow game breaking and must be done. Gear was one of the biggest ways to improve your character, so not sure why its uninteresting, or do only levels matter like those private server people seem to preach?

It was a long term grind they added to pad the longevity of the game, surely with EP bonuses it will become just as easy as job points are now.
By Draylo 2022-11-24 05:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course it would benefit from promotion, stop using your opinion to predict the future

Literally any marketing strategist will try to predict the future before they spend money on a campaign. Of course nobody is always right when it comes to prediction. But most people would rather not take the risk with their money unless there is a very good reason to.

On a side note - have you try to promote this game to your friends and family who have np playing mmo? If you have what's the result?

I have. And the reaction that I got was always either "awwww this game sounds grindy" or "the graphic looks outdated". But those people have np playing ff14.

If promotions from friend or family doesn't work well on an average gamer, what makes you think an ad (which is known to have worse effect than words of mouth from friend or family in marketing) works any better?

It seems like SE's choice on resources allocation is perfectly logical. Better to save money and be wrong, than lose money and be wrong. People who want a niche MMO playing experience will go out and ask around in a dedicated MMO community and find ffxi this way. Those who doesn't probably isn't ffxi's target audience to begin with .

The game is not more grindy now

Except player's standard on what's "grindy" has changed over the years. Video games are much faster when it comes to pacing in the recent years, with many genre and game pass service totally aim to give players instant gratification as soon as they enter the game.

and FFXI is competing with all of these competitors.

FFXI may not change much, but the world has changed.

This is a mainline FF game,

Does that matter? Go check how many average FF fans on Reddit who totally skips FFXI when they brag about how many FF that they've played, lol. It's just not a game for everybody, not even to average FF fans only into single player jrpg.

Dont agree
By Thorgrimm 2022-11-24 06:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

What an absolute load of rubbish. It wasn't "required" of you to try for pieces of equipment that were marginally better than others available at the time, and yet you still did it THOUSANDS of times.

ML aren't "required" either but they're much more relevant to a lot of players than repeatedly spamming things like Voidwatch to get a piece of gear that adds tiny increments to your atats. ML is quite literally LEVELLING your character which is arguably the whole damned point of the game; if you don't level your character to a certain point then good luck doing storyline, quests, endgame, relic/AF/empyrean/ aeonic, etc. People should ALWAYS see levelling as more important than gear.

Your talk of logic just makes me laugh as you have absolutely no grasp of the concept.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-11-24 07:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

They arent required for nearly anything a casual player would be doing, so it defeats the purpose of what you were originally complaining about. You skipped a grind in voidwatch that you deemed unnecessary and not worth it, yet now this is? You can't even use sub job in Odyssey. My point about voidwatch was that the grind of that eras end game was way worse. There are other eras that also had way worse grinds. Yet you pick this hill to die on when we have the easiest time now with end game and so many options to do it with. Also ignoring the fact they are going to make it easier.

In my opinion you are whining about the wrong things because you should want longevity for the games health and the rest of content outside of ML doesn't really compare to anything in the past as far as grind. In the end the objective is fun, none of it is "worth" doing if you aren't enjoying yourself. I much rather this end game than a lot of the past eras we've had. You say Odyssey made you leave when it's not even a big grind to get base gear at the least lo.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2022-11-24 07:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

This is not some indy game. This is a mainline FF game, what are you talking about? Of course it would benefit from promotion, stop using your opinion to predict the future. Plenty of people would be interested in the game. While an expansion or something new would help boost that, it can always benefit from exposure and promotion.

Tbh while FFXI could have used some promotion like 12 years ago that time has been and gone and the game is too old now for SE to care about it, which is the harsh reality we are in. Recent years have not been kind to XI which is a shame as its a great game. I've recently stopped playing because it was hard to find groups in my timezone and pugs are virtually nonexistent.
[+]
 Shiva.Mewtwo
Server: Shiva
user: aisukage
By Shiva.Mewtwo 2022-11-24 09:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

While I agree with Afania over the standards of the world changing. I don't agree with Thor on his stance on stat increase from gear being irrelevant to stat increase from master levels.

Back when I started playing XI in like 2006 or something. All online games where grindy. Every MMO I can thing of was not very friendly to players. So as players there was no great choice of games at the time. So we were stuck with few choices and had to deal with it. unfortunately for FFXI it is stuck in it's ways and as Afania said that doesn't appeal to a lot of people because the online gaming industry exploded with fast paced gaming. League of legends, Dota 2, Battle Royals like fortnite or just fun simple games like Minecraft etc. A lot of games that are FREE to play and easy for kids to get into without needing to persuade their parents to pay for them.

Then trying to compare XI with modern games. If you were to show me a trailer for a modern MMO and a Old one. I guarantee most will go for the modern one because of the better graphics, smoother gameplay etc and unfortunately there are tons out there now that XI would have to compete against. It's not worth SE's money to try to compete with these games. I'm not saying they won't get some attention and some new subs but more than likely those new subs won't last long because they wouldn't have the nostalgia most of us have for this game. The amount of money they would dump in advertisement they probably won't even make back from the new subs it would bring.

Now back for Thorgrimms statement. Farming for improved gear or master levels is the same thing weather you like it or not. They all increase your stats. During Voidwatch time was around the time they also brought out Legion just a little later. This was around the time using Hybrid sets was becoming more and more important to complete content. and some of the gear from voidwatch was huge improvements from other pieces. I will name 1 piece I specifically remember farming for. "Ogier's Breeches", 20Acc/Atk, PDT -5% and WSD+3% legs. They were very sought after because of the big improvement from other choices at the time.

Ideally yeah this really only mattered if you wanted to max yourself out and do some of the hardest content in the game. But if you don't care about that aspect of the game then why are you complaining about master levels because you DON'T NEED Master levels for any content in this game. Also it's early stages for master levels still. Job Points were also a pain to just get 100 job points when they first brought them out. Now ideally you're able to get master in a single day if you have a decent party. like everything They gradually made it easier and SE may make Master levels easier to obtain in the future.

My personal opinion though is that they should go back and give older content decent EP as a way to level up without having to grind apex/locus mobs. HTBF take like 3-10minutes a fight + the time to farm sparks up. why not give them something like atleast 5-10k EP per fight etc. at least this way when you're farming rem chapters or beitetsu's, you know actually playing the game casually. you will still be making somewhat decent progress on master levels just by actually playing the game.
[+]
First Page 2