New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Windower » General » Few Base Lua Questions
Few Base Lua Questions
By Ermah 2022-09-26 22:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello,

I'm trying to create a basic lua I can activate with gearswap that just casts a spell I choose, waits a determined amount of type and casts it again, that I can just copy and paste over and over to repeat as much as I like.

Does anyone know what I would type in lua to make that happen?

Additionally, I use to remember being able to type like /fire 2 in game to cast fire 2, but nowadays it doesn't work and I don't know what I need to make that work again.

Thank you.
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2022-09-26 23:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ermah said: »
Additionally, I use to remember being able to type like /fire 2 in game to cast fire 2, but nowadays it doesn't work and I don't know what I need to make that work again.

The addon that enables that is called shortcuts.

The other thing i am not sure what you mean, do you mean like for example your a RUN and you select ignis now every time you enter some command it will cast ignis, and then later you select gelus and now it casts gelus when you use that command?
By Ermah 2022-09-27 00:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you

No, I just want to go up to an enemy and type //lua l spell

and it'll just cast stone 1 like a hundred times in a row to level up magic so I don't have to hurt my fingers.
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Server: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2022-09-27 00:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a skill up lua made for that already
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Server: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2022-09-27 00:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

What you guys are talking about is considered botting, which is against FFXIAH's rules.
By Ermah 2022-09-27 00:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Boposhopo said: »
There's a skill up lua made for that already
That doesnt work with offensive stuff.
By Ermah 2022-09-27 00:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
What you guys are talking about is considered botting, which is against FFXIAH's rules.
Oh sorry, I didn't know it was botting, I just have arthritis and it helps with the skill ups while reducing pain

Since its finite and doesn't loop, I thought it wasnt considered botting.
 Carbuncle.Arakon
Server: Carbuncle
user: arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2022-09-27 04:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ermah said: »
Thank you

No, I just want to go up to an enemy and type //lua l spell

and it'll just cast stone 1 like a hundred times in a row to level up magic so I don't have to hurt my fingers.

Edit this to change Spell1, Spell2 and Spell3 to the spells you want to cast and adjust the delay appropriately.
Code
//alias spellloop input /ma "Spell1" <t>; wait 6; input /ma "Spell2" <t>; wait 6; input /ma "Spell3" <t>; wait 6; spellloop

To start
Code
//spellloop

To stop
Code
//alias spellloop ;

Basically this alias repetitively invoke itself at the end.
By redefining the alias to ;, it stops the alias from further invoking itself.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2022-09-27 08:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Oh sorry, I didn't know it was botting, I just have arthritis and it helps with the skill ups while reducing pain

If you have a gaming keyboard it may have some programmable buttons. If not, you could consider getting one, it might help your situation.

I can, for example, set one of those buttons to "Hold Ctrl, press 1". Then with a single key press I can hit my Ctrl 1 macro.

As an aside, I recommend setting up a macro with /ma "stone" <bt> <wait 2> on all 6 rows. This way you only need to press the key every 6 times. This should resolve any physical issues with doing skillups, and the only issue is you need to be physically present and pushing buttons to get skillups, which is just...the game. Even pushing Ctrl + 1 every 12 seconds really isn't very stressful considering how the rest of the game is.

Hope this helps, good luck!