Empy +2 Possibly Bugged?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Empy +2 Possibly bugged?
Empy +2 Possibly bugged?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
By futalis 2022-09-04 17:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Currently tanking W3....twice now I've taken 15k+ from a random WS from an NM. The only difference between now and before is I am wearing 3 pieces of Empy+2 (head, body, and legs)....has anyone tested the "Absorb damage" aspect? I am wondering if it is bugged and allowing max damage to come through.

Edit:
Our other PLD was in Empy+2 and was having similar issues of occasionally being deleted by random damage/WS's doing massive damage. Upon removing the empy+2 no issues.
By Nariont 2022-09-04 19:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Not saying the set bonus cant be bugged but try removing the body as it could also be its dt based on enmity being wonky.
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2022-09-04 23:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

totally possible.. i mean.. look at brd empy. it looks like ranger and lost its potency.
[+]
By Afania 2022-09-05 04:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Totally possible.....-.- after I upgraded my Chasseur's Frac +2 I went out and shoot 118 times with TS naked with only Frac+2 equipped. I recorded 86% proc rate total. But base(40%)+job point(20%)+Frac(13%) is only 73%, I can't figure out why is the actual proc rate being 13% higher that what it should be. If it's luck(possible) that is quite lucky with proc lol.

So I've been secretly believe that empy +2 may be bugged since then. :P
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2022-09-05 06:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Hrm, noticed something amiss on RUN's too.
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Server: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2022-09-05 08:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It SE do you expect things to work out of the gate? sortie is a mess also. went in with a party the other day and could not see people in the party with me and trusts were not showing up at all
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-09-05 08:57:27
Link | Quote | Reply

futalis said: »
Currently tanking W3....twice now I've taken 15k+ from a random WS from an NM. The only difference between now and before is I am wearing 3 pieces of Empy+2 (head, body, and legs)....has anyone tested the "Absorb damage" aspect? I am wondering if it is bugged and allowing max damage to come through.

Edit:
Our other PLD was in Empy+2 and was having similar issues of occasionally being deleted by random damage/WS's doing massive damage. Upon removing the empy+2 no issues.

No shade but I'd honestly like to see your set. Also, as mentioned, the Chevalier's Cuirass +3 is Damage Taken based on Enmity. It starts at Damage Taken -2.5%, so getting hit for 15K by an NM (Really depend which NM also) if your DT isn't capped sounds normal to me. Also the absorbs damage proc rate is likely still 1% per piece.
By SimonSes 2022-09-05 09:19:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Totally possible.....-.- after I upgraded my Chasseur's Frac +2 I went out and shoot 118 times with TS naked with only Frac+2 equipped. I recorded 86% proc rate total. But base(40%)+job point(20%)+Frac(13%) is only 73%, I can't figure out why is the actual proc rate being 13% higher that what it should be. If it's luck(possible) that is quite lucky with proc lol.

I would do 1000 shots test to make sure. Kinda looks like that 13% would be added twice? Lol
By SimonSes 2022-09-05 09:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »

Edit:

No shade but I'd honestly like to see your set. Also, as mentioned, the Chevalier's Cuirass +3 is Damage Taken based on Enmity. It starts at Damage Taken -2.5%, so getting hit for 15K by an NM (Really depend which NM also) if your DT isn't capped sounds normal to me. Also the absorbs damage proc rate is likely still 1% per piece.

How is that normal? What NM was hitting you for 15k in dynamisD wave3 even if you were missing 8DT from cap. If you would get hit for that much even with 0 DT, then with 50% you would still get hit with 7.5k damage. I don't remember NMs in wave 3 hitting for 7.5k in 50% DT, beside NIN with Mijin, but I assume we are not talking about Mijin here.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-09-05 09:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I pulled about 15 mobs in Ceizak with 5/5 RUN +2 (making sure to not use Phalanx), and I didn't see anything unusual regarding damage spikes after about 10 minutes.

Either it's PLD set specific (and not just attached to the Absorb Damage), it's more complicated than just random damage spikes, or the armor isn't bugged.
 Asura.Yottaxa
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2022-09-05 09:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Im no statistician, but 118 shots seems way too small a sample size for something like this to be even remotely accurate.
By Afania 2022-09-05 10:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yottaxa said: »

Im no statistician, but 118 shots seems way too small a sample size for something like this to be even remotely accurate.

Yeah, I mentioned it's possible that I was lucky with proc due to small sample size, but who knows!

Honestly I don't think testing 1000 shot is needed to confirm. I'd Just play cor like normal and it'll be noticable eventually. If 13% is really added twice TS will be capped in TS set. So even if one shot don't proc TS, then I'd know that it's not added twice. I'll just pay attention to TS proc in the future whenever I pop the JA.

But knowing how buggy sortie is mayyybbbeee 13% is really added twice LOL.
By SimonSes 2022-09-05 10:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
I pulled about 15 mobs in Ceizak with 5/5 RUN +2 (making sure to not use Phalanx), and I didn't see anything unusual regarding damage spikes after about 10 minutes.

Either it's PLD set specific (and not just attached to the Absorb Damage), it's more complicated than just random damage spikes, or the armor isn't bugged.

I would look more into that pld armor. Maybe some kind of situation takes enmity used to calculate DT- to spike to some massive DT+ instead. Like you are getting negative enmity in code in some specific scenario maybe.
By SimonSes 2022-09-05 10:18:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yottaxa said: »

Yeah, I mentioned it's possible that I was lucky with proc due to small sample size, but who knows!

Honestly I don't think testing 1000 shot is needed to confirm. I'd Just play cor like normal and it'll be noticable eventually. If 13% is really added twice TS will be capped in TS set. So even if one shot don't proc TS, then I'd know that it's not added twice. I'll just pay attention to TS proc in the future whenever I pop the JA.

But knowing how buggy sortie is mayyybbbeee 13% is really added twice LOL.

Going for 87% and doing 100 shots would be enough too. Difference between 100% and 87% would be very noticeable.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-05 10:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Did they implement the Damage Overflow Glitch in FFXI now?
By futalis 2022-09-05 14:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »

Edit:

Couple of things here: outside of unlucky mijin or the clusters aoe move from the trainer NM I have never seen an ability do more than 3-4k damage regardless of DT/def in Dyna D. This was 15-30k damage, I didn't screenshot but now I wish I had.
Code
sets.Ochain = {main="Sakpata's Sword",sub="Ochain",}

sets.idle
{
        ammo="Staunch Tathlum +1",
        head="Chev. Armet +2",
        body="Chev. Cuirass +2",
        hands="Sakpata's Gauntlets",
        legs="Chev. Cuisses +2",
        feet="Sakpata's Leggings",
        neck={ name="Unmoving Collar +1", augments={'Path: A',}, priority=1},
        waist="Flume Belt",
        left_ear={ name="Odnowa Earring +1", augments={'Path: A',}, priority=1},
        right_ear={ name="Tuisto Earring",  priority=1},
        left_ring={ name="Gelatinous Ring +1", augments={'Path: A',}, priority=1},
        right_ring={ name="Moonbeam Ring", priority=1},
        back={ name="Rudianos's Mantle", augments={'HP+60','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','HP+20','Enmity+10','Chance of successful block +5',}},
    }

I was over DT cap (didn't want to rely on the body just yet until I did some more testing). This set is preparing for when I switch from Sakpata to Burtgang once I finish it. Regardless there's no reason WS's from NM's should be doing 15-30k damage.

Our other PLD swapped out his empy+2 this run for full sakpata and didn't have a single issue.
By futalis 2022-09-11 17:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Did more testing today in Dyna D - got hit for 25269 Randgrith in the above set. (Screenshotted both the damage and the set). Seems to be only WS's in Dyna D that have this small chance of doing wayyy more damage than they should. Switched back to Sakpata for the rest of the run and did not have a single issue. Confirmed with our other tank that he only ever got hit for huge numbers from WS's.

Absorbs seem to work alright for regular attacks though. Didn't see any absorbs from WS's...
[+]
By Seraphpdh 2022-09-11 18:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Did more testing today in Dyna D - got hit for 25269 Randgrith in the above set. (Screenshotted both the damage and the set). Seems to be only WS's in Dyna D that have this small chance of doing wayyy more damage than they should. Switched back to Sakpata for the rest of the run and did not have a single issue. Confirmed with our other tank that he only ever got hit for huge numbers from WS's.

Absorbs seem to work alright for regular attacks though. Didn't see any absorbs from WS's...
Can you test it again without the +2 body equipped? Or possibly just the +2 body equipped? I feel it might be the enmity:damage taken stat, and not the sets absorb stat.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-09-11 18:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna see a post in a month about oops, we wrapped enmity.

Your enmity is so high it turns DT-X into DT+65335 or whatever

Just like the ambuscade katana

Edit; A year later and still no "oops we *** up"
By futalis 2022-09-11 19:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraphpdh said: »

Can you test it again without the +2 body equipped? Or possibly just the +2 body equipped? I feel it might be the enmity:damage taken stat, and not the sets absorb stat.

I don't run dyna w3 until next sunday but will for sure test without the body to see what happens. It would be fascinating if that were the case.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-09-11 20:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

25k with Randgrith feels more like what you would get hit with if you were fully naked, no? Otherwise, -75% PDT would only cut it to 6k, and RUN can survive T3 WSs.

My vague memory of the Creed+2 set is that it I always absorbed more than the damage I was taking. Perhaps they kept the defense negation and just forgot to make it absorb? Have you observed absorb proca outside Dynamis?
By futalis 2022-09-11 21:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
25k with Randgrith feels more like what you would get hit with if you were fully naked, no? Otherwise, -75% PDT would only cut it to 6k, and RUN can survive T3 WSs.

My vague memory of the Creed+2 set is that it I always absorbed more than the damage I was taking. Perhaps they kept the defense negation and just forgot to make it absorb? Have you observed absorb proca outside Dynamis?

I have observed absorb procs for absorb from regular attacks - did not observe any procs on WS's. It seems like either I take the normal reduced damage from WS's or occasionally one of them just hits super hard.

This only applies so far to WS's that I've noticed, TP moves from mobs don't seem to trigger this. Still need more testing - but it's very niche.

I wonder if a testing in ballista w/ WS spam might be helpful...
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-09-24 12:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been two weeks where's the results
By futalis 2022-09-24 18:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It's been two weeks where's the results

My test results were not large enough to see if not having the chest piece on was the difference. Planning on doing the same tomorrow to see how it goes. Last week I was mainly pulling as tank and didn't take a whole lot of WS's. Tomorrow will try to see.

I am getting absorbs from normal attacks and TP moves and spells but only got hit by a couple of WS's last week. I'm assuming it's a pretty low chance so will check it out and report back.
 Lakshmi.Cesil
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2022-09-25 10:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Dunno if this has been mentioned before, but I just noticed all my L. Earrings from Sortie are now all R. Ear...was this intentional? My exported lua contained L. Earrings from there, so I know I was not imagining things ; ;
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-09-25 11:20:04
Link | Quote | Reply

They were always actually that way, was a translation error
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2022-09-25 18:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Cesil said: »
Dunno if this has been mentioned before, but I just noticed all my L. Earrings from Sortie are now all R. Ear...was this intentional? My exported lua contained L. Earrings from there, so I know I was not imagining things ; ;
Yup SE mixed up the earring and ring slot augment slot translation but fixed it this month.
https://github.com/Windower/Resources/commit/30f04dfef2ddbc79201579a56534bcb29ff0a1ba
[+]
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Server: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2022-09-26 06:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lastnight in Dynamis SanD the other PLD was having this issue while I did not. I only use the Body in a couple SIRD sets but idle/engage in Sakpata. I use the Head/Hands/legs alot and feet quite a bit too and dont experience any issues. When testing new sets after getting the new equipment however, i did experience absorbs that were unreasonably high. Normal hits and blocks were 35 or less damage but when Absorb processed it would be 200+. However in Dynamis I have not seen this. Some of the Empyrean armor does seem to either work oddly or not at all. SCH feet's special stats dont seem to function (Klimaform bonus and MB2+) but the MACC/MAB/Base stats do. I blame the spaghetti coding.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-09-26 08:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Mikumaru said: »
SCH feet's special stats dont seem to function (Klimaform bonus and MB2+) but the MACC/MAB/Base stats do.

Stop spreading misinformation. Klimaform bonus works. I don't have time to test MBII, now but I wonder how you tested, that you assume it doesn't work? (inb4 you eyeballed it..)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2022-09-26 09:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunder V on chapuli: 19081
With Klimaform and same set: 22900

That's a rounding difference away from a 20% increase.

No idea where people are getting these ideas about empy gear bugs. Maybe the PLD body glitch is a thing, but there seems to be an incessant idea that they're all glitched with absolutely no evidence.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7