Looks Like No Sortie For The August Update.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Looks like no Sortie for the august update.
Looks like no Sortie for the august update.
By RadialArcana 2022-08-07 05:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chaostaru said: »
what they need to do is enable the paid storage during free play. who coming back to "try" and play again when half they gear locked behind a $4 paywall lol. not exactly free.

It's free access, not free everything.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-08-07 09:42:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Target audience of free campaign is people who will reactivate and pay to play, it isn't people who will log in for 10 days to 'play for free' then go back to whining on xiah.
[+]
By Starbucks 2022-08-07 09:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Target audience of free campaign is people who will reactivate and pay to play, it isn't people who will log in for 10 days to 'play for free' then go back to whining on xiah.
I'll pay if they add good content. If I can do everything that I am able to do with limited play time and that I need to acheive in 10 days every 2 months, I'm not paying for it.
[+]
By gregchiro2013 2022-08-08 15:29:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I am sure they have details about exact income lost to discounts, as well as how much they gain in the long term. No chance they are not gaining money with each discount/free campaign
 Valefor.Esdain
Server: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-08-08 16:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

It is not just a free campaign. There is also a discount campaign.

Entering speculation land in 3... 2... 1...

Unless I'm terribly mistaken because I have not really been following this too closely. If I'm misinformed on my assumptions, forgive me and even correct me, please.
[+]
By Starbucks 2022-08-08 16:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I made all the emp+1 armor I cared about when abyssea was end game! 70% of it is likely to still be useless at +1 anyway IMO
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-08-08 16:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't think that they would re-use abyssea boss items for +2/3 upgrades, but instead, create a new item for it. Though, I suppose as a massive F YOU to everybody, they could do it and create a major farming war (or include it in login campaigns for more mule subs). That would be a major *** move tbh. Might even do more harm than good when players just say F this and unsub. so no, not expecting that.
 Bismarck.Celerin
Server: Bismarck
user: Celerin
By Bismarck.Celerin 2022-08-08 16:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I fear the bottleneck may be more of the etched memories since those you cannot put those on the AH and if people start gouging the price on those, then that is what would slow people down. Getting into vagary is a little more difficult than abyssea since there is a 3 person minimum to get into the content. Unless you spend sparks to get 10 a week, you either will be waiting on the weekly reset or trying to hitch a ride with a group that would go into vagary.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-08-08 16:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Most people have their Empyrean +1 upgrades finished, so I don't see that being a major issue. Anyways, there's already a small price gouging going on for Etched Memories lately, some upwards of like 50k/ea. If people are smart, they'd finish their Empyrean+1 before the update lands.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-08 17:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

lolol "if people are smart"

Regardless, there will be some "surprise" swing from something completely useless that no one ever made, to the most broken item ever.

Like DRK head gets En-drain-tp
[+]
By Starbucks 2022-08-08 17:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Celerin said: »
I fear the bottleneck may be more of the etched memories since those you cannot put those on the AH and if people start gouging the price on those, then that is what would slow people down. Getting into vagary is a little more difficult than abyssea since there is a 3 person minimum to get into the content. Unless you spend sparks to get 10 a week, you either will be waiting on the weekly reset or trying to hitch a ride with a group that would go into vagary.
Good point, I just burned my every gil on buying etched memories, there is a serious bottleneck there with only about 4000 left for sale on Asura.

P.S. WTS Etched Memory 200k each on Asura tomorrow
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-08 17:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

200k is underselling it. a mil a pop. 200m for a vagary clear and you keep etched.

(Also finally get to see if I was right about Wyrm Ash or Crystal Petrifacts) ((I don't expect them to use them but it's the douchiest thing I could think of as the mats required for reforge))
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-08-08 17:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Starbucks said: »
I'll pay if they add good content. If I can do everything that I am able to do with limited play time and that I need to acheive in 10 days every 2 months, I'm not paying for it.

Nobody cares if you play or not, maybe buy a diary and write in there when you sub or not.
[+]
By Starbucks 2022-08-08 17:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »

Nobody cares if you play or not, maybe buy a diary and write in there when you sub or not.
You cared enough to address and write a forum post to me. Go figure.
By RadialArcana 2022-08-08 17:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

No nobody cares if you sub or not, pointing out nobody cares is not the same thing. It's just pointing it out incase you were unaware.

People would care if someone that does something for the community subs or not, or someone that has played for a long time and likes the game etc but all you do is piss and moan constantly.
[+]
By Starbucks 2022-08-08 17:42:16
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
No nobody cares if you sub or not, pointing out nobody cares is not the same thing. It's just pointing it out incase you were unaware.

People would care if someone that does something for the community subs or not, or someone that has played for a long time and likes the game etc but all you do is piss and moan constantly.

My post wasn't even about whether or not I am subbed at any one time, the point I was making is that there's no point paying when there's not enough content to keep you busy (unless you are a no-lifer making 30th R15 RMEA). Nothing about me personally, but for anyone with half a brain. I see that you are still pissed that you got trolled into deleting your previous FFXIAH account and then I exposed who you were on this new account though, so beg on.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-08 17:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

fighting over little things on little screens....find some sunshine, put your face in fresh grass, watch the horizon just because. Please.
[+]
By Starbucks 2022-08-08 17:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
fighting over little things on little screens....find some sunshine, put your face in fresh grass, watch the horizon just because. Please.
I'm posting about FFXI. Radial is posting about me, begging for attention for some reason.

Never in my 34 years of existence on this earth have I ever understood anything less than people spam posting and quoting someone to tell them they "don't care" or "don't like" their posting. It literally defies the definition of not caring. If I don't like how someone posts I would just ignore them, or block them, not post at them repeatedly. Each to their own though.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-08 17:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm posting about FFXI. Radial is posting about me, begging for attention for some reason.

Never in my 34 years of existence on this earth have I ever understood anything less than people spam posting and quoting someone to tell they "don't care". It literally defies the definition. If I don't like how someone posts I would just ignore them, or block them, not post at them repeatedly. Each to their own though.
its almost up there with the narcissism that made you think I was even talking to you.
By Starbucks 2022-08-08 17:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Never in my 34 years of existence on this earth have I ever understood anything less than people spam posting and quoting someone to tell they "don't care". It literally defies the definition. If I don't like how someone posts I would just ignore them, or block them, not post at them repeatedly. Each to their own though.
its almost up there with the narcissism that made you think I was even talking to you.
When you're +1ing his begging, it would imply you like him doing it. That said, I assumed you were addressing us both.

Find some sunshine, put your face in the grass. It's 23:51, I ain't doing that ***at this time.
 Bahamut.Suph
Server: Bahamut
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2022-08-08 21:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

When you're +1ing his begging, it would imply you like him doing it. That said, I assumed you were addressing us both.

Find some sunshine, put your face in the grass. It's 23:51, I ain't doing that ***at this time.

What are you trying to accomplish here exactly? To talk to FFXI's manager so they can acknowledge your grievance and validate your opinion?

Do you also go on to forum to complain about not being able to pay 4$ to block WINRAR pop up? We know you would not pay for WINRAR license until they add "good content" but damn them WINRAR developers who let me use their software for free for not allowing me to pay for the convenience of ignoring those licensing prompt.

I'm sure unlike us no lifer, you have better things to do than complain about a game you don't find worth paying 15$ a month for. Are you sure you're not late for your appointment with the local starbucks manager? I'm sure they love to hear whatever opinion you have about their promotion.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-08-09 04:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Sortie is your place to go for reforging Empyrean armor to +2 versions, with the required currency and items all found within—together with some job-specific earrings.

Idk I feel like this sentence means that everything needed for upgrade is inside Sortie. I doubt they will reuse any items from the past.
By Starbucks 2022-08-09 04:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Suph said: »

What are you trying to accomplish here exactly? To talk to FFXI's manager so they can acknowledge your grievance and validate your opinion?

Do you also go on to forum to complain about not being able to pay 4$ to block WINRAR pop up? We know you would not pay for WINRAR license until they add "good content" but damn them WINRAR developers who let me use their software for free for not allowing me to pay for the convenience of ignoring those licensing prompt.

I'm sure unlike us no lifer, you have better things to do than complain about a game you don't find worth paying 15$ a month for. Are you sure you're not late for your appointment with the local starbucks manager? I'm sure they love to hear whatever opinion you have about their promotion.
What are you trying to accomplish by posting essays at me?

What you're writing makes no sense. I said I don't pay because there's nothing to do, not that it's bad. Not paying for nothing is pretty logical to me. To pretend I spend loads of time complaining is embarrassing. Pointing out flaws, which a dozen other people have commented on saying the same thing, on a forum that SE read as far as we know, in the hopes they will make changes is completely rational behaviour.

If it doesn't affect you because you can play FFXI every day without fail and have nothing that would complicate things for you and 5 other people that are in the same position, good for you.

P.S. 7zip
By kishr 2022-08-09 04:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously, wut in the, just wait for patch then ***.
Sortie or no Sortie, who gives a rats azz.
They'll Sortie it, till then do whatever.
By Starbucks 2022-08-09 04:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Plus I know you, Radial, and Draylo are the "FFXI is 100% perfect and the Devs do all they can, nothing could be better within reason" camp on the forum. Draylo doesn't even play FFXI, he leaves his character logged in in the same spot afk for months. Radial noone knows, but I suspect he is a mid tier player that plays to RP as a Mithra. You arevl the only person in that camp who posts here that is doing end game content that don't criticise SE ever.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Yiazmaat
Server: Carbuncle
user: Rudra
By Carbuncle.Yiazmaat 2022-08-09 04:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sooo... "Sortie" have not made is "way out" yet... ;)
 Siren.Jonsnow
Server: Siren
user: Jons
By Siren.Jonsnow 2022-08-09 15:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't worry its coming, Sortie is on the way, its going to be amazing.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cesil
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2022-08-10 06:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, I didn't even know this was coming out now, whatever it is, hopefully its fun.
By Starbucks 2022-08-10 07:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jyubeii said: »
so...

we've got keys, plates, shards, and metals A-D.

keys open locked gates
plates activate diaphanous devices
shards activate diaphanous gadgets
metals protect against monsters found beyond gadgets

so maybe a combination of skirmish (defending the tent) and nyzul isle styled random maps (4 paths to unlock)?
hated skirmish, hope i'm entirely wrong
Pretty sure it is Skirmish, which I also hated. If it is, I feel like it would be better as 12 man event than 6.