How Do You Feel About The State Of The Game?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » How do you feel about the state of the game?
How do you feel about the state of the game?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2022-06-24 07:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Yall are worrying too much, most of the new content they will release will probably be able to be cleared easily without r25 gear from Odyssey... You won't *need* that for ages, until it probably wont matter anymore. We are going to have the same content to do for years. It reminds me of Voidwatch days, where as more and more people got their bodies they stopped doing runs. I remember having to shout for ages at one point because I was like 0/400+ on Pil and everyone finished him. Then that gear didn't even matter later. At least this content you can enter with someone who has access (or get it yourself) and do the BST cheese method.

Pil can die in a fire. Never got those boots, i kept getting glowy bodies that I couldn't even take from the chest.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-06-24 08:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the game is perfectly fine for what it is. Grinds have always been a thing since the game's launch, and like it or not the grinds today are no worse then they were back in the 75 era. The difference is that if you put in the time you're at least guaranteed to get some form of reward, unlike say... the old land kings system where you could spend 5 years camping and still never get that adaman hauberk or those hecatomb legs because s-e thought it was a good idea to only allow a couple dozen copies of an item to exist on an entire server.

I also find the direction of this discussion somewhat ironic because in Final Fantasy 14 the complaints are the polar opposite. The FF 14 playerbase is displeased with the oversimplification of their game. Healers in 14 feel there isn't enough to do and the job is too easy, samurais are unhappy that s-e recently removed tachi: kaiten entirely and overhauled the job to play very differently, and warriors are unhappy their overwhelm opener was changed from a conal attack to a circular AoE.

I would recommend doing what you're capable of and if you aren't enjoying the grind then simply take a break. Despite the flaws FFXI is a complex game with a deep lore and story behind it, and the battle system is actively engaging. There are pros and cons to both games, and any game in general. Personal satisfaction is largely about the mindset you take when you play them.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-24 08:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a hard time believing anyone still playing XI doesn't in part enjoy a grind...otherwise why stick with a 20 year old game in terms of design and function? So definitely with you, Melphina that grinds have always been a part of this, and in a way should be.

Its the hypocrisy I think that Eiryl and I mention and drives us batty. I know what I signed up for playing this game, so can only complain so much...but such an easy "accommodation" (I won't say fix) would be to change the Moglophone KI system to match Omen's. That one minor thing wouldn't change the grind, just stopping it being a daily task.

If SE is worry about congestion, then maybe they should have built the system differently. This is what- the 5th system since Escha where SE has had to apply entry limitations due to "congestion"? By now they really should have expected it and resolved that...at least adjusted it the way they did with a 2nd chamber for Ambuscade.

Its one thing to have an unforseen problem- its another to hinder your playerbase because you either choose not to fix it or can't.
[+]