Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-05-24 14:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ninjaxtasy said: »
Can a mod close this topic?
[+]
By Mattelot 2022-05-24 14:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The initial discussion was his idea, not the derailment.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-05-24 14:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Mattelot said: »

This is quite true. Thank goodness we were here for doughnut discussion instead of just ripping the OP for a ridiculous comment that should have just been responded to with a "Git Gud" and /lockthread.
[+]
By Mattelot 2022-05-24 14:31:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Good thing we didn't. One would like to think we're more mature than middle school kids.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-05-24 14:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

i am rubber u are glooo
By Jetackuu 2022-05-24 14:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

This is quite true. Thank goodness we were here for doughnut discussion instead of just ripping the OP for a ridiculous comment that should have just been responded to with a "Git Gud" and /lockthread.

QFT
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-05-24 15:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Can a mod close this topic?
ROOKS IS TIE-BREAKER! DUNKIN OR KRISPY KREME??
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2022-05-24 15:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

If they were still good, I'd come in with the obligatory Canadian challenger of Timmy's!

I'm doing it anyway, doughnut 3-way!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2022-05-24 15:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bunch of youngins complaining about cleavers taking all the mobs.

What happened to "yellow is fair game"?!?!
[+]
By Koroma 2022-05-24 16:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I see you've been quite dogpiled Ninja. As the oldest FFXI player that still reads this forum occasionally let me give you a piece of advice.
Never come to ffxicopium.com to complain about a bad system, no matter how bad it is this website will defend it because "it's always been that way"
[+]
By Zarianna 2022-05-24 16:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Why not do the MMO thing and team up with a Paladin and cleave away?
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2022-05-24 16:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't you bring logic into this
[+]
By Jetackuu 2022-05-24 16:58:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Koroma said: »
I see you've been quite dogpiled Ninja. As the oldest FFXI player that still reads this forum occasionally let me give you a piece of advice.
Never come to ffxicopium.com to complain about a bad system, no matter how bad it is this website will defend it because "it's always been that way"
Except it isn't bad and you both make bad arguments.
[+]
 Bahamut.Mhysa
Server: Bahamut
user: Nathoo
By Bahamut.Mhysa 2022-05-24 17:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Koroma said: »
Except it isn't bad and you both make bad arguments.

Don't tell him that, he is the oldest player and that's why his argument is the only valid one, and not the rest of us. We're the bad ones because we are at fault for the bad system.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2022-05-24 18:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I realize this thread exists to clown on the OP but I think there are actually some legitimate issues we could discuss.

1) It takes too damn much exemplar points to get master levels and we are staring down master lvl 40 next month and I am not looking forward to it without better ways to get exemplar points (removing cleaving would only make this worse)

2) non cleaving parties suck for exemplar points against current apex mobs and just making higher lvl apex mobs isn't the solution. When we make the apex mobs higher lvl it just further increases demand on buffers when we already have a general shortage of jobs for buffing. What I would like to see is new mobs with similar stats to apex mobs but a lot higher hp and some dt that reward a lot more exemplar points per kill. The idea would be to make SCing and MBing rewarding again, right now they are limited by both the damage cap and mobs running out of hp too quick so giving mobs dt so otherwise overcapped damage is relevant again and more hp so you can do longer multi-step SCs and have hp left to MB after a SC would allow you to benefit from SCing without having to do anything to nerf cleaving.
[+]
 Bismarck.Oldmancebi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Oldmancebi 2022-05-25 03:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »

This. 100%. Just like Escha dragon camp with gain experience. It's fair game when unclaimed.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2022-05-25 04:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
Odin.Senaki said: »
I already said nothing wrong with AoE killing, it's when taking all the mobs in the zone

It's literally impossible for one group to take all the mobs. They despawn after you pull past roughly 1/4th of the total distance of the donut. So you can assume there are at least 4 groups pulling for competition.

I can't speak to other servers. But on Odin most mlvl parties seem to last 1-2hrs at a time. I have yet to see it become such an issue that you cannot play in Crawler's Nest [S].
^And this standard of 'unplayable', I'm going to once again compare to Gain EXP in Escha-Zi'tah back pre-sparks nerf. Whereas, you could only reliability pull 1-2 mobs per go due to such competition. I've not seen this here yet.

Well actually they track by scent so they can follow you around the whole circle and not deaggro a PLD with the correct buffs and gear can pull everything in the circle. Deaggroing only happens when water weather appears which makes your scent disappear after a certain distance.

Fair point. I'd forgotten about that. So I guess it is possible for a single party to hoard all the mobs.
By Mattelot 2022-05-25 06:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Oldmancebi said: »
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »

This. 100%. Just like Escha dragon camp with gain experience. It's fair game when unclaimed.

While this is true, in MMOs, you have to have at least some common courtesy. When I go to those dragons and see someone there, I'll take the North end even though I'm fully capable of pulling the entire area. This is the case 99% of the time. There have been a couple cases where the other person wanted to be a jagoff, so all courtesies go out the window.
[+]
 Siren.Demetreos
Server: Siren
user: Riggy
By Siren.Demetreos 2022-05-25 07:11:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I already said nothing wrong with AoE killing, it's when taking all the mobs in the zone

It's literally impossible for one group to take all the mobs. They despawn after you pull past roughly 1/4th of the total distance of the donut. So you can assume there are at least 4 groups pulling for competition.

I can't speak to other servers. But on Odin most mlvl parties seem to last 1-2hrs at a time. I have yet to see it become such an issue that you cannot play in Crawler's Nest [S].
^And this standard of 'unplayable', I'm going to once again compare to Gain EXP in Escha-Zi'tah back pre-sparks nerf. Whereas, you could only reliability pull 1-2 mobs per go due to such competition. I've not seen this here yet.

Well actually they track by scent so they can follow you around the whole circle and not deaggro a PLD with the correct buffs and gear can pull everything in the circle. Deaggroing only happens when water weather appears which makes your scent disappear after a certain distance.

Fair point. I'd forgotten about that. So I guess it is possible for a single party to hoard all the mobs.
Eh not really. Only the beetles track by scent.
By Virlym 2022-05-25 07:15:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure what the argument is all about - I'm on Asura and farm CP/ML pretty much exclusively in CN everyday, both solo and with non-cleaving parties and even in spite of the bots and cleaving parties, there's straight up enough mobs around and they respawn fast enough for it to never have been an issue. Literally just move away from the room's entrance, find a neat looking nook where you can pull mobs at safely (there's plenty of these all around the room) and just farm to your heart's content.
By Mattelot 2022-05-25 07:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Demetreos said: »

According to ffxiclopedia, both beetles and crawlers track scent.
 Siren.Demetreos
Server: Siren
user: Riggy
By Siren.Demetreos 2022-05-25 07:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

According to ffxiclopedia, both beetles and crawlers track scent.
That was my understanding too, BG says only beetles in CN S though. Could be wrong I guess.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2022-05-25 07:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Its a Vermin family trait that they track by scent.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-05-25 07:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The initial post was stupid, and so people had fun with it.

You can even make the argument that the camp was made for cleavers.
[+]
By Ninjaxtasy 2022-05-25 08:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
The initial post was stupid, and so people had fun with it.

You can even make the argument that the camp was made for cleavers.
No it wasn't
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2022-05-25 09:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »
ROOKS IS TIE-BREAKER! DUNKIN OR KRISPY KREME??

Topic has been locked.
[+]