Harder than if you did.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-05-06 10:58:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Would need information about what content you want to solo and how well geared you are.

I would not say PLD is the best job to try and solo stuff with trust.
 Shiva.Humpo
Server: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2022-05-06 11:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on content.
Certainly a level where soloing is not an option.
PLD is fine as you likely won't die, just time out as it's typically not high dps.
 Bahamut.Suph
Server: Bahamut
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2022-05-06 11:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like DD trusts fare the worst vs real geared players compared to other type of trusts

Tank trusts are serviceable for most contents

Whm trusts is better than a bad to mediocre real whm except they dont have eber pants so they can run out of mp in healing intensive fight

Koru moru and Ulmia will likely keep your buff and debuff up better than most players except those with 10 mins songs

But DD trust, even Shantotto 2, wont even come close to the dps of a decently geared player. Only DD trust worth using is like Ayame as she can double your ws damage.

I feel like if you want to solo things with trusts, DD or hybrid job might be better? Even ninja will likely deal enough damage to solo more things than pld.
 Lakshmi.Sahzi
Server: Lakshmi
user: sahzi
By Lakshmi.Sahzi 2022-05-06 11:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Agreed with all above.

I play 100% vanilla and handle a vast amount of content "solo." I put that in quotes because I also hang with some nice and talented players that make many things possible. I also have a very large group of jobs properly leveled and geared for any situation.

I have pld geared and it's near useless when I'm solo. It packs zero punch and I can't achieve much of what I need. What does work?

BLU
I don't like the job much but you need BLU. For soloing slightly older content that involves mass mobs nothing beats Blu cleaving. Einherjar, assaults, escha soloing. No contest.

THF
A top level geared thf gives you TH, massive evasion,and respectable dps to bring down what you need. Soloing Omen, Sinister Reign, most NMs through escha sky gods all no problem.

You can make PLD work, but use other jobs to service the one you care about the most.