Forum » FFXI » Servers » Cerberus » RIP Overlordandy of Cerberus/Hades
RIP Overlordandy of Cerberus/Hades
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-03-22 10:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Today, I found out that Andy, otherwise known as Overlordandy or Tyrone in FFXI, passed away mid-2019. I only just found out about this, but it's fine. One of his friends gave me the information yesterday. Out of respect to his family, I will not be giving out the cause.

Andy was the best player I ever knew, but his skill in the game did not match how cool of a person he was. He was a leader and had all the intelligence to plan things out and teach me how things are done. Because of that, I was able to lead other linkshells and groups, using much of the knowledge he passed on.

He was a great friend, and generous, he was always willing to help out if asked. We talked about Dark Knight a lot, because he was the first I ever saw with a Ragnarok back in the day when no one had it. He could play any job though, and I'd say Black Mage was another he excelled in.

When myself and co-leader Misart started our Dynamis LS, he had our blessing. He was our former leader and it was tough, but he taught me how to pull on THF. A year or two later, he joined one of our runs and he was amazed at some of the pulls I had innovated in Xarcabard, which he said he never would have thought of. I was stoked to know that I had impressed him.

When he joined my Vagary LS, he was one of the first people to get a Tartarus Platemail (from Leafallia). I wanted one too, and I felt a little left out that I didn't get one, but it was so cool that he had his wings. To try cheer me up, he turned invisible and stood his Taru inside mine to make it look like I had wings. This is just how funny and cool Andy was. He had a great personality and was so respectful.

I'm leaving the game as of this week for a long break. For a couple of years I was waiting to see if he would return to destroy this game once again. The last thing he did was join a JP linkshell, get Aeonics and beat Master Trials. He could team with anyone, because it's Andy. He was a monster of a player. But as I said, his heart was bigger than that. He was one of my best friends in this game. It saddens me that we'll never get to team again. I wanted so badly to show him how far my group had got.

I know Andy helped a lot of people in his day. Whether you're from Cerberus or Hades, if you did endgame events, you likely knew of Andy. And if you did, then you were blessed, as was I and my Father who still plays this game. I'd very much like to leave this post as a place to tribute his memory. Thank you for your respects.

[+]
 Cerberus.Undeadhuntertje
By Cerberus.Undeadhuntertje 2022-03-22 16:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I will miss you buddy

Through all the camping, nyzul isle, RMT mpk, and even the parties we went to irl I couldn't have asked for a better person that taught me the ropes of the game

Also one last time lolRagnarok
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-03-22 17:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool image on his profile

Very sad to read of his passing
[+]
By Bazing 2022-03-22 18:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Andy was a great man and I'll cherish the adventures we had forever. Slaapzacht makker, bedankt voor alles.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-03-22 21:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope more people who remember him see this post, although I know many have since moved on from the game. Thanks to Undead for letting us know.

I dedicated my last Tuesday event tonight to him, he was always a better leader than me. I'll never forget this one epic Dynamis run where I got my noob DRK carried something wicked. He was playing Tyrone at this point. Yes, his DRK is KO'd in the thumbnail. (Courtesy of Majestic's Nemezar)

Undeadhunter and Bazing (Gunitsolider) are also in this video.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Found one of him with his Ragnarok, long before others got on the bandwagon. Of course, he had to miss Scourge, it's just what DRKs do.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2022-03-23 00:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I don’t play anymore I still check the forums here and there but he sounded like a great guy. RIP Andy.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-03-23 01:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Took about five years, but I got there Andy.
[+]
 Asura.Nebohh
Server: Asura
user: Kealohaa
By Asura.Nebohh 2022-03-23 02:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounded like a great guy. The memories and legacy he leaves behind be will immortalized in the friends who carry on in Vanadiel. RIP.
[+]
By Bazing 2022-03-23 07:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for sharing the vid Kylos, great to reminisce and see the whole gang again!
(seeing my 14 year old YouTube comment makes me feel old for sec tho)
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-03-23 14:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nebohh said: »
Sounded like a great guy. The memories and legacy he leaves behind be will immortalized in the friends who carry on in Vanadiel. RIP.

Truly was. Words aren't really enough to describe how great he was as a person and player. Thank you.

Bazing said: »
Thanks for sharing the vid Kylos, great to reminisce and see the whole gang again!
(seeing my 14 year old YouTube comment makes me feel old for sec tho)

Yeah I was a bit late to the party. I remember being in DynamisAvengers, but something happened there and they ran seriously late, so I asked around for a LS that was more GMT friendly. I think it was Rafleshia who invited me? Can't remember. I hadn't done any sky, sea or hnm's, so my Dark Knight was very gimpy, but I was just happy to show up and do what I could.

Andy showed me what a real DRK looked like. I remember being mega stoked to get the relic gear, especially the head, because I had disconnected during a previous run (my PC and connection were terrible) and missed it. I knew the Burgeonet wasn't all that good, but it was the last in my set and it was a major accomplishment. The group was exceptional and I felt like a weak link, but I tried to learn all I could.

Never expected to end up co-leading a linkshell. I remember Andy started HydraCorps after Hybrid, but it was short-lived because he didn't feel like leading it on a regular basis. So you sent me a tell one day, asking if I wanted to co-lead a new LS with you and Misart. I came up with the name and made the pearl, but it was you guys who were leading it, I was just helping to recruit and figuring out how to pull.

Yeah, the group suffered in the beginning, we couldn't even beat cities, but with a little help from Andy I got better at pulling and it got smoother. By the end we were beating Dynamis Lord, getting dreamlands cleared and doing regular Tavnazia. A lot of that success came about because I learned from the best, and the best were Misart and Andy. That LS thrived with their mentorship.
 Cerberus.Undeadhuntertje
By Cerberus.Undeadhuntertje 2022-03-23 14:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Since I'm a 75 scrub I only have ye olden day screenshots

OG Andy (lolban)

Getting the GS items from Dynamis, back before it was cool

Why yes, it was cause of me he was able to finish it

Putting it all together

Getting murdered in Sea :)

Getting ready for limbus
[+]
By MajesticMedia 2022-03-23 15:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Great guy, great leader. very sad news :(
[+]
 Asura.Rafleshia
By Asura.Rafleshia 2022-03-23 15:36:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Very sad to hear of Andys passing. I'll have to dig out the old screenshots, I know I have them somewhere! RIP Andy
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-03-23 16:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm glad Undeadhunter & I could get this out there so everyone knows. He absolutely deserves to be remembered by all those lives he touched.
[+]
 Cerberus.Mday
user: Supermday
By Cerberus.Mday 2022-03-23 20:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

:(
 Asura.Matthious
user: Matthias
By Asura.Matthious 2022-03-23 20:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

That's sad to hear and I do recall playing with him back on Hades/Cerb. Still miss you gents over here on Asura. LW forever!
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [52 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Nodice
By Cerberus.Nodice 2022-05-15 02:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]