Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » "stand with ukraine" humble bundle
"stand with ukraine" humble bundle
By Shichishito 2022-03-18 18:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

for a minimum of ~36,50€/40,00$ you get a humble bundle with 123 items consisting mostly of games but also comics, books, software and 3D printables. only active for around 6 days so the fomo is definitely on.

price tag is hefty compared to other humble bundles but it comes with a lot more games and other items than usual and according to humble bundle 100% of the donations go to Ukraine humanitarian relief efforts.

even a few mediocre-good AAA titles are included, ofc just the base games, you got to sell some DLC you know.
however most notably is the good selection of pixel art and retro games from indi devs that don't just try to upsell, so the major kudos goes out to them imho.
looks like this one has some hidden gems so it's worth a look.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-03-18 19:17:39
Link | Quote | Reply

some really great games in there worth many times more than $40 worth of playtime for those who are unaware:

-Satisfactory, an incredible sandbox game where you gather and refine materials in a bunch of alien planet biomes and ultimately build a more and more complex mining/gathering, refining, and production factory.

-Metro Exodus, semi-horror post apocalyptic survival shooter set in the subway systems of post-nuclear Russia. Heavy focus on resource management and some light horror elements.

-Spyro Reignited Trilogy, a remaster of the old Spyro games from PS1/PS2, very good and beloved 3D platformer collectathons.

-Fable Anniversary, one of the first, and best, sandboxy-type third person RPGs. It isn't a massive open world, but your choices each impact something in the world, and your character's stats and alignment will physically change them as well as change NPC's disposition toward you. This is a great game from before Peter Molyneux became a ***.

-Slay the Spire, an addictive roguelite card game. You progress through a randomized set of stages, collecting cards and other power ups to challenge enemies and bosses and, maybe, slay the spire. Even failed runs will help you toward unlocking new bonuses and cards for future runs and there are four distinct characters to play through the game with each with their own unique decks.

-Endless Space 2, an expansive 4X game (4X games are games similar to Stellaris, or more advanced and in depth versions of Civilization)

-Kerbal Space Program, a fun little physics simulator that can actually teach you some of the basic concepts, physics, and mathematics behind space flight, planetary orbits, and other similar topics. Lets you design your own spacecraft that you then have to get into space and to a variety of planets and other celestial objects, eventually landing on and exploring them, among other types of space exploration missions such as launching satellites or space stations.

-Starbound, a 2D side scrolling RPG/Adventure game similar to Terraria. You can destroy and build each world you visit as you complete an overarching main story questline that brings you throughout the procedurally generated Universe and has you fight more and more difficult bosses.

-The Amnesia Trilogy, some of the greatest psychological and surprise horror games ever created. The original is often considered the best in the genre. The games put a heavy, heavy emphasis on exploration and making you feel weak and powerless, so you won't be battling through hordes of monsters to escape.

-Superhot, a physics based shooter puzzle game that is an incredible experience in VR.

Gonna stop here but you get the point. There's so many good games in here that it'd take too long to write it out. The books included are actually also mostly great, especially the tabletop rulesets, and the creative software and basic game design tutorial courses included might be of interest to the creative sorts. For $40 it's a steal and some of the money is going toward a cause that you may be interested in supporting, so to quote Draylo

yes it is worth it
[+]
By Shichishito 2022-03-18 19:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Freehugs said: »
This bundle is pretty great. The software alone is worth it
need to watch out tho, software on humble bundle is sometimes restricted to a 1 year license so read the fine print first.

also noteworthy with how many games are included is you can probably regain maybe 5$-10$ of your money in steam wallet funds by selling the cards.
By Draylo 2022-03-18 19:46:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never used steam before, if you purchase these do you keep them for good? I had the steam deck ordered so was curious
 Odin.Lusiphur
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-03-18 19:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Got most of these and had just given what I could to the recently closed (and much crazier) Bundle for Ukraine.

Draylo said: »
I've never used steam before, if you purchase these do you keep them for good?

Yes, you get CD keys you can use to activate in your Steam library.
By Shichishito 2022-03-18 20:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never used steam before
o.O you're a consolero i take it.
if you purchase these do you keep them for good
unless otherwise mentioned they count like a purchase on the platform itself with the exception that you can't refund humble bundle purchases on steam or any other platform. after purchase you can request keys for the games on the humble bundle website (neesa a account) which you then redeem for example in steam, then they get added to your library and you can install them whenever you like.

however there are exceptions, the software pdf-suite standard included in this bundle for example is just a 1 year license. not every purchase on humble bundle is a steam key. some items can be downloaded from humble bundle directly, usually very small retro games or comics.
from glancing over it most of the bundles games are for steam, only spotted 2 (liberated, wanderlust: travel stories) that need to be redeemed on GOG which if i'm not mistaken is not a launcher like steam, just a website. i've also bought humble bundles befor that require a different platform like for instance the ubisoft one for a heroes of might and magic bundle.

Odin.Lusiphur said: »
Got most of these and had just given what I could to the recently closed (and much crazier) Bundle for Ukraine.
damn, missed that one. cross code and moon hunters would have been interesting.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-03-18 20:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Lusiphur said: »
Oh yeah I'm glad I bought that one.

EDIT: Just looked at this bundle. Damn there's a lot of good stuff in there.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2022-03-18 21:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Would this count for meeting the requirements?

Restaurants Now Requiring Proof Of Ukraine Support
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-03-18 22:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Would this count for meeting the requirements?

Restaurants Now Requiring Proof Of Ukraine Support

Epstein story, 10/10
By Shichishito 2022-03-18 22:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

i think the only requirements is a solvent way of payment, other than that you can rally for who ever you feel comfortable with.
 Fenrir.Zenion
Server: Fenrir
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2022-03-18 22:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ooh, a year of Game Maker Studio 2 premium, that just about pays for the bundle by itself.
By Shichishito 2022-03-19 04:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

***sells like hot cake, think they made more than a million overnight.
if i'll buy it i guess i'll try wizard of legends first.
By RadialArcana 2022-03-19 09:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I like how it says pay what you want and puts a minimum price of $30, I want to pay $1. Blatant false advertising, reported.
[+]
By Shichishito 2022-03-19 12:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

to me it reads "Pay at least $40,26 for these 123 items" in a blue bold headline at the top of the bundle.
only further down it reads "$2.584,74 Value • Pay What You Want". although those numbers are probably a bit inflated their min asking price is about 1/64th of the items value, so hardly a rip off.

i suppose it's part of their standard site layout template and they forgot to switch it out since they usually have 3 different tiers for their bundles, with the first one always starting at 1§ and only including like 1-2 games, which the ukraine one doesn't have.

it's interesting that you're fine with up to 12$/month for mogwardrobes in order to save FFXI but at the same time play with the thought to fob of a charity bundle, for humanitarian relief efforts in a war zone, with a one time payment of 1$.
By RadialArcana 2022-03-19 13:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I can see you're sweating at my report being filed for false advertising, you should be. They have 24 hours to accept my $1 or consequences will never be the same again.
[+]
By Shichishito 2022-03-20 14:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

just noticed bundle also includes the e-book "automate the boring stuff for python", should be pretty popular on FFXIAH.
[+]
By Shichishito 2022-03-24 23:04:36
Link | Quote | Reply

alright guys, only ~14 hours left till the bundle runs out, the fomo is over 9000!
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-03-25 08:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

~4 hours to go!

They've raised 25 million dollars already o.o
[+]
By Shichishito 2022-03-25 08:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

jeez, last i checked less than a day ago it was at ~ 13-14 million.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-03-25 08:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
jeez, last i checked less than a day ago it was at ~ 13-14 million.
Anyone on the fence in the final hours has to make their decision now. And I'm sure a lot of people were at that point.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2022-03-25 11:19:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for drawing my attention to this, all. One hour left.
[+]
By Shichishito 2022-03-25 12:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, they ran out of steam keys for several games of the bundle. reads they'll purchase more as soon as they can so you still get your games but can't access them right away.

less than 30 minutes left!
By Banhammer 2022-03-25 13:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a rootin for putin bundle?
[+]
By Shichishito 2022-03-25 20:59:31
Link | Quote | Reply

i vaguely remember a total war bundle, does that count?