Sakpata in R0 state
 Odin.Ehleni
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Ehleni
By Odin.Ehleni 2022-02-13 08:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey everyone!

I'm a most of the time a solo player that is intending to get assistance with obtaining the Sakpata set since it seems to be the new conenseus of being BiS.

But is it BiS even if you cannot obtain any ranks? Being a solo player I will still try to get it ranked but let's say I get to keep all pieces at R0, is it still BiS or should I look for other alterntives?
By Nariont 2022-02-13 09:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

even at R0 it's your best hybrid TP set, ontop of a strong WS set should you ever be over the atk cap due to PDL, nothing wrong with using it unaugmented at all, theres stronger TP options out there like tatenashi, but you give up a lot of defensive stats to eek out a bit more DPS, generally not worth it
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-02-13 09:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Majority of people wearing these sets do so at r0.
 Asura.Lavid
Server: Asura
user: Lavid
By Asura.Lavid 2022-02-13 10:25:45
Link | Quote | Reply

excuse the ignorance, but everyone throws around "attacked capped" and i've never been a math guy in this game lol. But what are we talking about to get to "attack capped" Food, Chaos rolls, all bard songs, zerk, warcry all at once? or is it possible to get there in smaller situations?
[+]
By Nariont 2022-02-13 10:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

"capped" usually refers to having the full buff array and a mix of def down statuses, in older content frailty was key(41% def drop with idris), with geo debuffs getting nerfed in content going forward you gotta replace that with either more atk(like indi-fury) or different def debuffs such as box step or bst pets ooze to reach that cap, PDL increases what that cap is, but the methods getting there remain the same

Asura.Lavid said: »
is it possible to get there in smaller situations?
Definately can cap out easier on older content like omen/escha, though varies by job too, THF is gonna have a harder time capping than say WAR would for example
[+]
 Asura.Lavid
Server: Asura
user: Lavid
By Asura.Lavid 2022-02-13 11:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

is there an easy way to identify when you've hit those thresholds, its not just a XXXX Number i assume? more of a as you said as many buffs and debuffs as you can and assume youre there? or without those, assume youre not?

Basically as the OP said chances of me getting ranks so or at least anywhere near maxed is really low lol. Also usually low man'ing in most things. So while ive updated my TP sets as the versatility is there for the set, im not sure how much i should bother with all my WS sets.
By Nariont 2022-02-13 11:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Visually speaking the only way youll know(unless im mistaken) is when your regular hits are well within 100 dmg of each other, you can see this kinda thing just 1 shotting rabbits outside east ron, even with zerk up the dmg values wont budge.

Harder to track on WS' due to MA procs, TP amounts, misses, etc, some mobs/NMs do have def/eva values online you can compare to, but its not something youll have for everything to know what your atk/mob def needs to be, hell a lot of those values youll have to track in these or other forums in fact
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-02-13 12:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Regular mobs you can use the /check command to find defense. NMs, it's trial and error or you can get a close estimate based on the mob's main and sub job, content level, and typically the INT is easy to find. A quick and dirty way for NMs is if you're auto attack min and max are within 5% of each other. This won't give you a very good estimate of the target's defense, though, just tell you if that particular set is >= the attack needed to cap.
[+]
 Odin.Ehleni
Server: Odin
user: Ehleni
By Odin.Ehleni 2022-02-14 14:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for all of the replies! :D This is really helpful.
[+]