Windows 11
First Page 2
 Shiva.Humpo
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2022-01-10 16:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd rather not ask or find out but its only a matter of time so might as well get the ball rolling...

Anyone running XI on 11.... gdi... Anyone running this game on windows 11 yet? Any issues?
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-01-10 17:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I am. No issues.
 Asura.Zigzagzig
Server: Asura
user: zigzagzig
By Asura.Zigzagzig 2022-01-10 17:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

No issue , and even with all the Critics i really like Win 11 ( using Startallback as U.I )
[+]
By Jetackuu 2022-01-10 18:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I run my one alt on it, short of me forgetting to disable automatic updates: no issues at all.

When I get around to reimaging everything else, it all is going to it.
[+]
By Typongtive 2022-01-10 18:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Runs perfectly fine on Windows 11. I have had no issues at all.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-01-10 21:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Runs great, even works with Auto HDR.
By Zubis 2022-01-12 17:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Running 11 here too. All good.
By Pantafernando 2022-01-12 18:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any objective advantage to migrate to 11 like, right now?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-01-12 18:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't like the aesthetic or care about things like Auto HDR then no, not really. DirectStorage was supposed to be Win11 only but I think they have since backpedaled on that, so you may never have to upgrade until they cut support for security updates on 10 if you don't care for any of the Win11 features.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [228 days between previous and next post]
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2022-08-28 11:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

My Son bought a Dell 27 7710. It came with Windows 11 Home.

We can't keep FFXI playing. The game is just there one minute and then the window with FFXI disappears. There are NO error messages visible to the player.

NOTE: I put it into Windows 8 compatibility mode. NO IMPROVEMENT.

If there are logs we could share with someone at SE, we'd appreciate knowing about it.

Anyone have any suggestions, please?

We tried it with and without Windower - no difference.

Any word on when SE will support Windows 11?

IBHalliwell
By RadialArcana 2022-08-28 12:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Does it get into the actual game or does it disappear during loadup, does it disappear at the same point or random, does it run really poorly before it exits, have you put it in windowed mode, tried re-installing it fresh?

Lots of people have it working perfectly fine with windows 11, official support doesn't really mean much.

It could be lots of things, it might not even be using the graphics card on your computer since it's a laptop.
 Bahamut.Atigeve
By Bahamut.Atigeve 2022-08-28 12:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Odd I have been playing xi on win 11 since win 11 released, no issues at all. Could be something else like a driver issue perhaps or could be some setting somewhere. Try turning off xbox game stuff in settings too (just a suggestion that MAY have an affect)
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2022-08-28 13:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
Does it get into the actual game or does it disappear during loadup, does it disappear at the same point or random, does it run really poorly before it exits, have you put it in windowed mode, tried re-installing it fresh?

Lots of people have it working perfectly fine with windows 11, official support doesn't really mean much.

It could be lots of things, it might not even be using the graphics card on your computer since it's a laptop.

Hello and thank you RadialArcana for your reply.

The game starts fine. The game has been able to stay up and running from 15 minutes to 3 hours before the window running FFXI simply disappears without any error messages or dialog box.

As for installing fresh, the computer just arrived Wednesday and I had to do a fresh installation.

Ah, the Dell 27 7710 is an All in One desktop according to Dell.

How would I go about diagnosing the problem? I want to find a solution. I am running the latest and greatest graphics drivers.

If this was happening how would you proceed?

Thank you.
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2022-08-28 13:35:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Atigeve said: »
Odd I have been playing xi on win 11 since win 11 released, no issues at all. Could be something else like a driver issue perhaps or could be some setting somewhere. Try turning off xbox game stuff in settings too (just a suggestion that MAY have an affect)

Hello and thank you Atigeve for your reply.

Ah, XBox game settings? What XBox game settings?

We're using Logitech F710 controllers in Digital mode.

I'm not familiar with XBox at all. I'm a Playstation guy.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2022-08-28 13:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Try DG Voodoo, it sounds like the game works just fine something else kills it.

This is a stab in the dark but it will rule out things like screensaver, lockscreen, alt ctrl del screen etc.

I would recommend you do this, regardless of if you are having issues or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gppbG1nJ5cg
By RadialArcana 2022-08-28 13:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah screensaver could be it.
 Bahamut.Atigeve
By Bahamut.Atigeve 2022-08-28 14:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

IBHalliwell said: »
Bahamut.Atigeve said: »

Hello and thank you Atigeve for your reply.

Ah, XBox game settings? What XBox game settings?

We're using Logitech F710 controllers in Digital mode.

I'm not familiar with XBox at all. I'm a Playstation guy.

Xbox game bar is integrated into windows now. If you right click the window icon in the center or lower left (depending if you changed its position) click settings then on left of that window click on "Gaming" you will see the setting, i generally turn them all off. These have been known to cause issues with some games, which is why i mentioned it.
By Jetackuu 2022-08-28 15:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

This isn't a Windows 11 issue. I have the same thing that has happened with my laptop on both win7 and 10. I haven't isolated it entirely but it's been in the back of my mind for a long time.

My primary thought is a soft gpu driver crash.

Secondary thoughts are memory/cpu.

I never sat down and tried to isolate the root cause. But if you're experiencing the same thing then I would highly suspect it's a video driver issue.

That being said (and no hate here):
You have a dell all in one though: throw it away, or use it for the browser/M$ word like it's intended. You MAY be able to go in your bios and up your integrated gpu ram, but still. Intel HD runs the game like dogshit.
 Fenrir.Positron
Server: Fenrir
user: Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2022-08-28 15:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

A few things that may be worth trying:
- Disable Xbox Game Bar, as mentioned above
- Install dgVoodoo, as mentioned above
- Verify that DirectPlay is enabled under Legacy Components in "Turn Windows features on or off"
- If your Dell 7710 has the discrete MX550 GPU, set pol.exe to have affinity for it in Nvidia settings so the system doesn't automatically switch it off

If the game still doesn't run after all of those things, you probably have either faulty drivers or a corrupted Windows installation.
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2022-08-28 16:40:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

That being said (and no hate here):
You have a dell all in one though: throw it away, or use it for the browser/M$ word like it's intended. You MAY be able to go in your bios and up your integrated gpu ram, but still. Intel HD runs the game like dogshit.

Hello Jetackuu and thank you for your reply.

No hate felt.

I just filled out the paper work to send it back to Dell. I talked to their technical people and there was no joy in Mudville tonight. They basically have no clue about FFXI and no idea how to figure out what is the problem.

As I told them, we bought the computer for my Son to play FFXI and he can't play it. Thus the computer doesn't meet our expectations (in why we bought it).

In the meantime, I'm going to lend my Son my Dell Precision T7500 using a GeForce 970 video card. It has been running FFXI for years without any issues.

Thank you.
[+]
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2022-08-28 16:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Positron said: »
A few things that may be worth trying:
- Disable Xbox Game Bar, as mentioned above
- Install dgVoodoo, as mentioned above
- Verify that DirectPlay is enabled under Legacy Components in "Turn Windows features on or off"
- If your Dell 7710 has the discrete MX550 GPU, set pol.exe to have affinity for it in Nvidia settings so the system doesn't automatically switch it off

If the game still doesn't run after all of those things, you probably have either faulty drivers or a corrupted Windows installation.

Hello Positron and thank you for your reply,

I wish I'd either read your message before talking to Dell or Dell had thought of those things. I already did the paper work to return the Dell Inspiron 27 7710 to Dell.

If you (or anyone) has a suggestion on a replacement system (I prefer Dell), I'd be happy to hear about it.

Thank you again.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2022-08-28 17:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

IBHalliwell said: »
In the meantime, I'm going to lend my Son my Dell Precision T7500 using a GeForce 970 video card. It has been running FFXI for years without any issues.

That is a *** beast of a machine, I'm sorry that it is in your way. I don't miss lugging those around.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-08-28 17:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

If you ever forget where any of your files are at, just call Microsoft cause they absolutely know.
 Lakshmi.Lordgrandegordo
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Lordgrandegordo 2022-08-28 17:36:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Make sure you don't have any windows updates that need to be installed. Mine crashes usually if i have some updates i haven't installed yet.
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2022-08-29 02:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Works on my machine.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-08-29 17:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to take a minute and just say how respectful and kind IBHalliwell is. I wish you and your son the best of luck
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [370 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Liam
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Liam 2023-09-03 13:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Necro bump time!

having an issue on windows 11 home where playonline flickers white between screens (going from choosing an account to the login screen for example) the actual game runs fine so far, so this is a minor inconvenience, but still annoying!

Wondered if anyone else has had this issue and is just ignoring? or if anyone found a solve. Thanks in advance for any advice.

so far I have tried...

win 7 compatibility mode
with/without dgvoodoo
different refresh rates (I have 60/120/240 available to me, I did at first think it might be too high for an old game)
fully removing the gamebar from win 11
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2023-09-03 13:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do you think it has anything to do with Windows 11? Mine works completely fine.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2