users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Xbox One Controller issue in game
Xbox One Controller issue in game
 Cerberus.Yunabell
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Yunabell 2021-12-18 18:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know why my controller works on everything else and on the FFXI config but it won't work in game? The last time I logged in for the free login it worked with no issues. Is there any work around or way to fix this issue?
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-12-18 19:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I had this issue as well. I think there's two different FFXI Config per install. Each one works on different things. It's a pain in the butt, but hopefully you can find the second Config somewhere...
By 1thenumber 2021-12-18 22:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You need to use XInput in the Gamepad Config. It's right there in the name - Xbox Controller -> XInput.
 Cerberus.Yunabell
By Cerberus.Yunabell 2021-12-19 01:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

1thenumber said: »
You need to use XInput in the Gamepad Config. It's right there in the name - Xbox Controller -> XInput.

Yeah, I tried that still didn't work. I even went into both configs.
 Cerberus.Yunabell
By Cerberus.Yunabell 2021-12-19 01:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
I had this issue as well. I think there's two different FFXI Config per install. Each one works on different things. It's a pain in the butt, but hopefully you can find the second Config somewhere...

I was thinking I might reinstall it, as a last resort.
 Asura.Warpy
Server: Asura
user: Warpy
By Asura.Warpy 2021-12-19 03:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I use an xbox one controller and my 'Xinput' is unchecked and it works fine.. but yes.. a real pain to get to work.
By Jetackuu 2021-12-19 07:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Warpy said: »
I use an xbox one controller and my 'Xinput' is unchecked and it works fine.. but yes.. a real pain to get to work.

with native drivers: it doesn't.

Note: working for you =/= working fine.

but as far as OP: there's a couple things, but the main thing is to make sure you run the gamepad config for the client you're running. Assuming you're using windower, in the profile settings you can select "auto-detect" or at least in my case "North America" just select the client you're definitely running. Then make sure you're running FFXiPadConfig.exe int he ToolsUS directory. Next apparently you want to make sure your windower directory isn't in your game directory at all, put it elsewhere. Can try reloading the driver, then verifying x-input is checked (xbox controllers are xinput devices, not directinput, and unless you're using a custom wrapper for it then it is what you want selected (used to be necessary to use a wrapper to get it to properly work for xinput devices, as XI didn't use to natively support xinput devices).

Major known issue over the years: M$'s win10 auto installed driver was incompatible, had to manually reinstall the xbox360 controller for windows pack after deleting the driver, depending on your version of OS this may be the root cause, I don't believe they've changed that driver yet, then again I have never tried setting up an xbone controller on the PC yet.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cesil
Server: Lakshmi
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2021-12-19 16:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I had to go to device manager and mess with stuff in there. One of my devices was being confused as the controller, it was really weird. That happened once. The other time I had to just use a USB cable to plug in the controller and it worked.
By llAKs0nll 2021-12-23 22:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Could we please get a LagMeNot for using Controller. Sometimes it’s just so BAD to the point where it’s like 3-5s later after hitting the >< Button that something actually happens on screen…….

I know it’s Off Topic & I apologize but yeah. Why is input lag so severe in FFXI
 Asura.Yottaxa
Server: Asura
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2021-12-24 03:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

llAKs0nll said: »
Could we please get a LagMeNot for using Controller. Sometimes it’s just so BAD to the point where it’s like 3-5s later after hitting the >< Button that something actually happens on screen…….

I know it’s Off Topic & I apologize but yeah. Why is input lag so severe in FFXI

Do you have delaymenot installed / enabled? I have found it messes with the controller menu input and adds massive lag to the controller macro ctr/alt menus.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Veika
Server: Lakshmi
user: Veikuri
By Lakshmi.Veika 2021-12-24 14:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I ran into this issue where my Xbox One controller didn't work. Make sure Windower isn't installed in the same folder you have FFXI installed. Does the controller work when you boot FFXI normally?