Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Phalanx effects received
Phalanx effects received
By BlaTheTaru 2021-11-14 17:22:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a cap to this? I couldn't find it anywhere on BG so I figured I'd ask here.
 Asura.Nuance
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2021-11-14 17:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Not one that anyone is aware of.
[+]
 Sylph.Excalin
Server: Sylph
user: Excalin
By Sylph.Excalin 2021-11-14 23:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I only know of Skill caps at 500, Don't know of any gear cap
[+]
 Asura.Nebohh
user: Kealohaa
By Asura.Nebohh 2021-11-15 01:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no known cap at the moment.
[+]
By BlaTheTaru 2021-11-15 11:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you everyone.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [42 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Balduran
Server: Bahamut
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2021-12-27 18:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I was testing some trusts phalanx spells, so will post the findings here instead of a new thread.

I used the trusts Koru-moru and King of Hearts because they will always cast phalanx on the player character that summoned them.

Koru-morus Phalanx II cast on my Paladin with phalanx equip on, I was able to overwrite it with my own phalanx. This means that the enhancing magic skill koru-moru used to cast phalanx is lesser than my Paladins enhancing magic skill on my phalanx set, which currently sits at 398.

King of Hearts Phalanx II cast on my Paladin with phalanx equip on, I wasn't able to overwrite with my own phalanx, this means that King of Hearts enhancing magic skill is higher than that of my own enhancing magic skill on my phalanx set. To verify this, I let King of Hearts cast Phalanx II on me without my phalanx+ gear, and only then I was able to overwrite it with my phalanx equip set.

So it seems that koru-morus enhancing magic skill is lesser than that of king of hearts, and it also means that when you have king of hearts summoned, it's probably worth to let him cast phalanx on you while you're wearing the phalanx+ equip, for the benefit of potentially higher phalanx rating and duration. I am curious how much enhancing magic king of hearts is using, but not sure how to test it.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-12-27 18:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Go get hit by 1000 needles with his Phalanx II on and it can be calculated
[+]
 Bahamut.Balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2021-12-27 19:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

KoH Phalanx II + PLD Phalanx Equip
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-27 19:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

69 (nice)

Need to know how much Phalanx+ you have. And a comparison from King and Koru, which rdm's cast was that.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-12-27 19:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

To be more specific, do it without gear on so that we only have damage reduction from phalanx. No -DT and no Phalanx+
 Bahamut.Balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2021-12-27 19:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

ok, I'll test and revert back with the screenshots, and will edit the post. @Eiryl I'll post the number in the edited post soon.

Edit

My Phalanx set is currently +34 phalanx & enhancing magic 398

My Phalanx (+34 phalanx & enhancing magic 398)

Koru-moru Phalanx II + my phalanx equip

King of Hearts Phalanx II + my phalanx equip
[+]
 Bahamut.Balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2021-12-27 19:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

updated^
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-12-27 19:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

KoH has 500 skill assuming you are at exactly -50% PDT. This also assumes that they updated him after they changed Phalanx II to a scroll and that he never had any merits.

Koru Moru prolly has like 390 or 400. I'd say he has just normal unmerited RDM enhancing skill @ 404 but it wouldn't make sense that yours would overwrite his then unless I'm forgetting something about how Phalanx and Phalanx II interact.
 Bahamut.Balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2021-12-27 20:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Koru Moru prolly has like 390 or 400. I'd say he has just normal unmerited RDM enhancing skill @ 404 but it wouldn't make sense that yours would overwrite his then unless I'm forgetting something about how Phalanx and Phalanx II interact.

My guess would be that my enhancing skill is slightly higher than koru's but still within the same dmg cut tier of 387~415?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-12-27 20:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

yea. only other thing would be he has 404 but phalanx has precedence over a same potency phalanx II, which I don't remember the rules for.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-12-27 20:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Phalanx overwrites itself when potency is equal, so you being able to overwrite Koru-Moru's phalanx doesn't mean yours is stronger.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-12-27 21:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Was it an overwrite issue or was Koru unable to apply it at all? Cause yea those are 2 very different things and if he can still apply Phalanx then I'm willing to bet he just has regular RDM enhancing skill and, for some reason, KoH has loads extra.
By SimonSes 2021-12-28 03:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Was it an overwrite issue or was Koru unable to apply it at all? Cause yea those are 2 very different things and if he can still apply Phalanx then I'm willing to bet he just has regular RDM enhancing skill and, for some reason, KoH has loads extra.

Trust wont cast Phalanx on you when you have Phalanx, so there is no way to test Koru overwriting your phalanx, unless you will be fast enough to start casting at the same time as him with higher Fast Cast and apply yours before his lands.