What Do You Think Of Voracious Resurgence?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What do you think of Voracious Resurgence?
What do you think of Voracious Resurgence?
First Page 2
By Zubis 2021-09-16 13:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm enjoying it. It's nice to see some of the original characters back in cutscenes. It's more lighthearted than the other storylines which makes sense - you can only have the world ending so many times. I like the change.

The rewards so far aren't great - Perfect Lucky Egg aside - but I'm assuming all these level 1 items/armor will be the next REAM or something. If nothing else we get a full set of Abyssea proc weapons.

I haven't finished yet, but I hear the later mission scenes dive deep into Vana'diel lore.
By fillerbunny9 2021-09-16 15:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly haven't touched it because it is being drip fed to us. I am fine waiting for it to build up so that when I do it, I am not struggling to think back to what happened a year and a half ago. maybe they will do like WotG and include a clip show because they took so goddamned long to get to the end, and it will all be for naught.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-09-16 15:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm kinda waiting for the same reason, but I figure I'll have to repeat it anyways but we'll see.
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2021-09-16 17:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm enjoying the missions. Same reason as OP, I like getting some deeper dives with various NPCs.

The rewards aren't super spectacular but as of now, it's 5 additional silver vouchers per character per month, which you may as well unlock sooner rather than later.
[+]
By Onimaru 2021-09-16 17:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I like it. That Watermelon Mandy is Maaaaad as hell lmao.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-09-16 17:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
I honestly haven't touched it because it is being drip fed to us. I am fine waiting for it to build up so that when I do it, I am not struggling to think back to what happened a year and a half ago. maybe they will do like WotG and include a clip show because they took so goddamned long to get to the end, and it will all be for naught.

This is 100% what I am doing.
[+]
By Zubis 2021-09-16 17:36:56
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »

Yeah I see that. Didn't WotG take 3-4 years to complete?
I don't see VR taking that long but they won't release a climax until the 20th anniversary at least.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-09-16 22:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't done any either, but with the 5 extra silver vouchers we can get now I'm probably going to catch up.
By Ruaumoko 2021-09-17 00:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly like the story so far, it builds on a lot of already established lore and I can make a reasonable guess where it is going.

Considering doing a short episodic series on it actually.
[+]
 Fenrir.Svens
Server: Fenrir
user: Tenkey
By Fenrir.Svens 2021-09-17 05:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I find it so weird to get lv 1 lockstyle and semi-useful accessories in 119 content. I like the lighthearted story overall and hope there's a decent reward at the end outside of more silver vouchers.
 Bahamut.Mhysa
Server: Bahamut
user: Nathoo
By Bahamut.Mhysa 2021-09-17 08:35:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The story is honestly great, they are tying so much stuff together. You can definitely see that this will be the last thing we get from them.

Its not super dramatic as previous storylines, this one actually has a bit of comedy in it.
Onimaru said: »
That Watermelon Mandy is Maaaaad as hell lmao.
The mandy so far wins it all! Especially with these past missions lol!
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
Server: Asura
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2021-09-17 08:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

it's kind of a let down so far, hoping for more
By waffle 2021-09-17 08:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Onimaru said: »
I like it. That Watermelon Mandy is Maaaaad as hell lmao.
It did not take the truth about mandrogoras well at all.
[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2021-09-17 10:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone give me a tl;dr of VR? I quit after Rhapsodies. What are they tying together exactly?
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2021-09-17 11:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

honestly, someone will probably give you an answer but it's likely ***.

no one really knows, its hard to do another "ending" since that's what rhapsodies was supposed to be.

right now its basically just 5-6 incredibly short quests with random characters throughout the game
 Asura.Zidaner
user: Xavierr
By Asura.Zidaner 2021-09-17 11:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else having issues getting this Mamool ja to break the staff in the most recent mission? Done the BCNM 4 times now and timed out each time. /sadface

NVM: 5th round finally worked. Did absolutely nothing different so can't even answer why .
By Guyford 2021-09-17 13:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I nearly timed out my first try, was on WAR and decided to try Weapon Break instead of other wses at end and it promptly broke the staff. Might have been luck but would be a cool gimmick if weapon break does it 100%.
By Sidiov 2021-09-17 15:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »
What are they tying together exactly?
Everything.
By RadialArcana 2021-09-17 15:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel sorry for the developers on 11, it's obvious the higher ups refuse to give them any kind of job security at all. They had 11 on year to year contract for ages, only in 2017 did they agree to fund the game for 3 years so they could plan something "big" and give them 3 years job security. Imagine working under that kind of system?

They have stated the developers are happy working on 11 and want to continue to do so but the higher ups just think we are all going to quit one day out of the blue. I hope they renew 11 again for 3 years after this one ends, instead of going back to year on year.

Problem with year on year contract is you can't plan beyond the year, so everything is kind of short term. It's also hard to hire new people since they have no job security.

Square went from being stupid with money to being too strict with money.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-09-17 16:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
I feel sorry for the developers on 11, it's obvious the higher ups refuse to give them any kind of job security at all. They had 11 on year to year contract for ages, only in 2017 did they agree to fund the game for 3 years so they could plan something "big" and give them 3 years job security. Imagine working under that kind of system?

They have stated the developers are happy working on 11 and want to continue to do so but the higher ups just think we are all going to quit one day out of the blue. I hope they renew 11 again for 3 years after this one ends, instead of going back to year on year.

Problem with year on year contract is you can't plan beyond the year, so everything is kind of short term. It's also hard to hire new people since they have no job security.

holy crap they have contract workers in the tech industry? They're not all salaried?? WHO KNEW?????
[+]
By waffle 2021-09-18 13:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »
Can someone give me a tl;dr of VR? I quit after Rhapsodies. What are they tying together exactly?
Several years ago they mentioned a story about the maelstrom mage's ressurrection that they never got to do and got canned.
The Voracious Resurgence seems to be a retooled version of that story.
Asura.Zidaner said: »
Anyone else having issues getting this Mamool ja to break the staff in the most recent mission? Done the BCNM 4 times now and timed out each time. /sadface
NVM: 5th round finally worked. Did absolutely nothing different so can't even answer why .
iirc Mamool weapons can break on a crit or physical weaponskill done while they do a physical attack.
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2021-09-18 14:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

it's been said 40,000,000 different times in 40,000,000 different places so i apologize that you have been living under a rock but...

there are 0 full time ffxi developers, they are borrowed from ff14 randomly. it is debated on whether there are full time ffxi employees at all, we know for certain its unlikely there are any full time ffxi GMs, its just a matter of how full time the "planners" are.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-09-18 15:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tsm said: »

it's been said 40,000,000 different times in 40,000,000 different places so i apologize that you have been living under a rock but...

there are 0 full time ffxi developers, they are borrowed from ff14 randomly. it is debated on whether there are full time ffxi employees at all, we know for certain its unlikely there are any full time ffxi GMs, its just a matter of how full time the "planners" are.

ur mum
[+]
By alzeerffxi 2021-09-18 17:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

ur mum

i mean he is not wrong to be honest
By alzeerffxi 2021-09-18 17:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zidaner said: »

no but some how i broke it on ninja not sure from what properly magic ws i am not so sure could be crit too
By RadialArcana 2021-09-18 17:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI has full time developers that are working purely on FFXI, this has always been the case. I don't see the point posting that nonsense here, when we all know it's a lie. At least post your potato juice in a place that is more receptive to it.

They sometimes pay the FFXIV texture artists to create textures for FFXI on occasion (for example they made the Ody textures), in an overtime (not working on FFXIV stuff right now) fashion but that's about it.

10-15 years ago it was actually fairly cheap to pay a designer to create a new armor set, modelers to create these new models and texture artists to finish it up. These days with the massive amount of money cash shops bring in inflating their wages, these jobs are now incredibly expensive.

This is why FFXI cannot add new models under normal circumstances for armors or new monsters these days and also why FFXIV uses all the assets from FFXI to save money, including putting a CoP empty monster made 15 years in a new trailer to show off the latest expansion yesterday.

It's sad but it is what it is, they have to save money.
[+]
By Guyford 2021-09-18 18:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Normal crits probably don't break the mamools staff. I was sitting in crit ws gear pummeling it with crits for like 5 minutes to no effect. I'm pretty sure it doesn't follow normal mob weapon breaking rules.

Weaponskills have a chance to do it, my question is did they give Weapon Break a far higher/100% chance?
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2021-09-18 18:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI has full time developers that are working purely on FFXI, this has always been the case. I don't see the point posting that nonsense here, when we all know it's a lie. At least post your potato juice in a place that is more receptive to it.

They sometimes pay the FFXIV texture artists to create textures for FFXI on occasion (for example they made the Ody textures), in an overtime (not working on FFXIV stuff right now) fashion but that's about it.

10-15 years ago it was actually fairly cheap to pay a designer to create a new armor set, modelers to create these new models and texture artists to finish it up. These days with the massive amount of money cash shops bring in inflating their wages, these jobs are now incredibly expensive.

This is why FFXI cannot add new models under normal circumstances for armors or new monsters these days and also why FFXIV uses all the assets from FFXI to save money, including putting a CoP empty monster made 15 years in a new trailer to show off the latest expansion yesterday.

It's sad but it is what it is, they have to save money.

you need to go back to quitting for another 5 years, here it is straight from the horses mouth, you can try to debate that a planner is a developer but their wording on not having ANY engineers is very specific. thanks chief:

https://gamerescape.com/2020/04/10/11-questions-for-the-final-fantasy-xi-dev-team/

Quote:
Some of you are probably already aware of this, but at present the FINAL FANTASY XI development team consists of a total of six planners. Each one has a field that they specialize in, where it be items, battles, system-side changes, or storytelling—new content must be created in tandem with their everyday tasks.

All of this is done without the involvement of engineers, because the FINAL FANTASY XI team does not have dedicated engineers.

also not sure where you're getting your information about ody gear, pretty sure people determined its all just recolors, heres a topic about it where its mostly figured out:

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/55972/a-fun-guessing-game-about-the-new-odyssey-armor/

you sure like to spew some ***
By RadialArcana 2021-09-19 03:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

you sure like to spew some ***

Calm down professor, you don't even know what recolor means.

Also the game does not need "engineers", you have no idea what you're talking about at all. These games are made in dev kits, all the core systems have been made years ago.

Can you please go talk about farts or something, you are knowledgeable about that.
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2021-09-19 07:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
First Page 2