Sheol Gaol Entry Requirements?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Odyssey » Sheol Gaol Entry Requirements?
Sheol Gaol Entry Requirements?
 Asura.Kaelann
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kaelan
By Asura.Kaelann 2021-06-05 15:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

So what are actually the entirety of the entry requirements for Sheol Gaol?

My group can't enter. At first, we thought someone was just missing a KI, or talking to the moogle or something, so we spent a while shuffling the party around, trying to figure out where the bottleneck is. But it wasn't that, and now we have no idea what the hell is going on. So far, we know the following:

• Everyone has cleared Sheol C

• Everyone has 3 Moglophone IIs (nobody's ever used any since the initial unlock)

• Everyone's on a different job

• Everyone has the following Lv.99 jobs (job they're entering in is bolded; all the NINs are from the EXP campaign, people picked up extra 99s to be able enter, usually because it was halfway there as a subjob):

1. DNC WAR MNK NIN BLU THF WHM
    2. COR SCH NIN
    3. GEO RDM NIN
    4. BRD GEO NIN
    5. RDM BLM NIN
    6. WHM RDM BLM

• Everyone can enter Sheol Gaol if they queue by themselves

• We can't enter when everyone is in the same group

• 1+5+6 can queue up together. Adding anyone else after those 3 doesn't work.

• 2+3+4 can't queue up in a party together. But 1+2+3+4 can (??????)

Do you need 3 unique jobs per party member (but then how does 1234 and 156 work?) ?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-05 16:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I could be mistaken with all of the above, but still including it since it's a common error.

It could be that you need 3 unique jobs between each member of your group (18 total). That was one thing they did mention when the event came out. Now what I am not certain about is if the job # is checked before you queue or after you enter, but that's a possibility.

Use process of elimination. Invite people one by one and see where the job overlap is. If you don't have 3 x P (p being number of people in your group at the time) unique 99s, that could be it.
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Server: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2021-06-05 16:37:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I had this issue as well prior to starting gaol. I had KI, and everyone had minimum 3 jobs to 99. Burned 2-3 new jobs on mostly everyone and was then able to enter.

I couldn't care any more to figure out exact mechanic, but everyone having 5-6 jobs made it work.
 Bahamut.Xiutaru
Server: Bahamut
user: etherue
By Bahamut.Xiutaru 2021-06-05 18:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kaelann said: »
Do you need 3 unique jobs per party member (but then how does 1234 and 156 work?) ?

Maybe between the number of n people in the party, you'd need at least 3n unique jobs, regardless of who the jobs are on.

Explains why 234 didn't work (6 unique jobs (versus needing 9?)).
Adding 1 to 234 worked to bring the party up to exactly 12 needed unique jobs.
And why all 6 didn't work (13 unique jobs (versus needing 18?)). Complete guess though, but it seems to fit.
[+]
 Asura.Kaelann
Server: Asura
user: Kaelan
By Asura.Kaelann 2021-06-05 18:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

That makes the most sense. I guess they're not really checking for possible party combinations, just 3n jobs in total regardless of who has them?

Guess I have some cleaving to do