Potential For Return!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Potential for return!
Potential for return!
 Asura.Pocketgeo
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Pocketgeo 2021-05-28 03:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

After a while away, I'm looking at making my return. Theres been a few changes in the year or so ive been out, which im sure I can learn but the question would be..

what job should I be looking to "gear up" to begin with that will be fairly easy to get my teeth back in?

What are the "needed" jobs at the moment - most of the jobs i have were reasonably/well geared and a few mastered but dont want to join back without a clue on a job not needed..
especially as ill be joining as a solo player to start.

also, finally.. as a UK player, which is the server to be in these days? :D

in before: its all subjective.. just want a fairly open mind :D ta
By GwenStacy 2021-05-28 08:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Returning_to_Vana%27diel
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-05-28 12:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pocketgeo said: »
After a while away, I'm looking at making my return. Theres been a few changes in the year or so ive been out, which im sure I can learn but the question would be..

what job should I be looking to "gear up" to begin with that will be fairly easy to get my teeth back in?

What are the "needed" jobs at the moment - most of the jobs i have were reasonably/well geared and a few mastered but dont want to join back without a clue on a job not needed..
especially as ill be joining as a solo player to start.

also, finally.. as a UK player, which is the server to be in these days? :D

in before: its all subjective.. just want a fairly open mind :D ta
Rekt.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2021-05-28 13:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Support jobs are always wanted. If starting from scratch, MNK is a good one to solo around with trusts, also NIN rules your face.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-05-28 17:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pocketgeo said: »
Theres been a few changes in the year or so ive been out

It's pretty much the same game as it has been for the last 5 years. Ambuscade getting changed and Monthly RoE being changed fakes you out into thinking there is more going on than there is.

Basically in the last year, all I've seen is just Odyssey becoming a thing for best-in-slot upgrades in places. There are people also charging tens of millions for Odyssey clears that can easily be done at a low entry point so watch out for that bamboozle. This guy was literally asking 40m for a level 1 (stage 1? difficulty 1? Maybe it was Rank 1 or rank 0) Bumba clear to unlock gear for people and one Overdrive RNG automaton can easily EASILY clear that with mediocre gear (which will unlock gear that you can pick up for all jobs that is on-par, or better, than that Lilith gear everyone used to farm).

If you want to solo (you said you would be starting out soloing at first), get yourself a thief and get used to the daily solo Odyssey farm. Your name on here is PocketGeo so I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess you have GEO and that still gets into content, but be warned that Odyssey is more of a mobile fighting event so you can't just summon Luopons and AFK so that is a thing.

We're just in limbo on an I.V. drip of content until the "major thing for the 20th anniversary" which people can only speculate about.

Oh, the Voracious Resurgence story stuff is soloable at 119. Trusts will do all of the heavy lifting on everything they have put out so far. It's something to do, better than nothing, and you'll need to do it eventually as I'm sure something good will be gated by it at the end. There are currently a couple of neat items you can get now from it including an all Jobs Treasure Hunter +1 ammo and a few lockstyle pieces.

As far as servers go, Asura is still the place to be if you want an active AH. I'm sure someone will say the obligatory "If you come to ____ server, we do content together. Ya just gotta make friends and/or have the right linkshell. Asura sux". I guess any server could be good if you found the right group though. I think the discount server transfer fee is still half price for a few more days.

Welcome back to Vana'diel.
[+]
 Asura.Pocketgeo
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Pocketgeo 2021-05-30 09:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesnt answer 90% of the questions i asked, but nice "flex"

Asura.Aeonova said: »

Welcome back to Vana'diel.

Thank you, pretty much what i was after..
By joemamma 2021-05-30 10:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd tell anyone starting out or returning to level one of each "class". Tank DD and support. That way you don't get bored playing white mage forever.
[+]