Up To Date Tumult Curator Guide?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Up to date Tumult Curator guide?
Up to date Tumult Curator guide?
By Meeeeeep 2021-05-27 10:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Few friends in the LS want to do some TC kills for everyone's Tatena/Contemplators. Are there any up to date guides anywhere for this? Looking at the BG wiki discussion page for TC there's a decent strat, but it's way before some of the newer gear additions we've had (even before Lilith/Odin) so I'm wondering if this has changed at all since then?
Our group doesn't have access to two RUN, so I'm wondering if a DD in it's place can work.
 Siren.Hillclimb
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Hillclimb
By Siren.Hillclimb 2021-05-27 11:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Most people/PUGs do

RUN SAM COR GEO BRD WHM

Run pops and tanks against a wall, brd, sam, or cor pull off one by one and fight out of AOE range.

Sam zergs everything. Last stage lullaby all the adds and buff, wind threnody/GEO silence main boss. Bolster fury/demat/geo runs away. SAM warding circles, SP2's and zerg.

Can get 1-2 runs in a row depending on Wild Card, but its dependent on SAMs SP2. So its a slow farm with SP resets
 Asura.Sirris
Server: Asura
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2021-05-27 11:27:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Hillclimb said: »
Most people/PUGs do

RUN SAM COR GEO BRD WHM

Run pops and tanks against a wall, brd, sam, or cor pull off one by one and fight out of AOE range.

Sam zergs everything. Last stage lullaby all the adds and buff, wind threnody/GEO silence main boss. Bolster fury/demat/geo runs away. SAM warding circles, SP2's and zerg.

Can get 1-2 runs in a row depending on Wild Card, but its dependent on SAMs SP2. So its a slow farm with SP resets

This is the setup my LS uses, but SMN is better than GEO in this fight, in my experience. Despite his level Tumult Curator doesn't have very high defense or evasion, and Perfect Defense adds a lot of consistency. You still get some offensive boost from Crimson Howl/Crystal Blessing/etc. Can also use paladin and Rampart instead of One for All.

OP the fight is rather daunting to approach initially but if you have a good samurai and the right buffs it's not too bad. It took my group a while to get comfortable with it. Pulling the chariots and HNMs in the right order and spreading out during the final phase are the big things.
 Shiva.Berzerk
Server: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2021-05-27 11:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ejiin has a pretty detailed guide here: https://www.ffxiah.com/node/404

Not exclusive to 6-boxing of course but has the role for each job called out and the order to kill things.

Took a while to get consistent kills myself, dread spikes was the most annoying thing on final form. Also sometimes randomly got 1-shot by a nuke during final form.
By Meeeeeep 2021-05-27 12:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for posts, the job setup provided above and also in Ejiins guide are available to us, so I guess we'll try these and see how it goes.
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-05-27 12:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

WHM/BLM definitely elemental seal silence Curator before the final zerg.

RUN One for All is far superior to Rampart. We managed to get everybody taking virtually zero damage from all the Astral Flows. Indi Fend, Geo Fury, entrust Indi Attunement. Everybody just idle in full Malignance/Nyame/Bunzi.

On the final push, the order was one Fudo > Asylum (to prevent any rouge stuns/terrors) > Yaegaesumi > Fudo spam until dead (usually just 3-4 more at that point).

We ended up having the most problems on the Cerberus/Hydra/Khimaira part. You can catch a lot of bad beats on adds that otherwise die in 2-3 WS -- it's a bit ***.

My advice is sweat the details on this one. Positioning and kill order matter. Also, m.eva doesn't seem to matter at all on adds. Don't bother with indi attunement until the end.
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
Server: Bahamut
user: Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2021-05-27 15:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I made a video of our 12 man run. I opted to post the run with a wipe\recovery so people see all hope isn't lost if you die.

The hardest part, IMO, is the khimera because he will aoe stun+para+100 fists and it can go sideways fast. I also had a 6 man attempt that ended in a wipe with the final form at 2% and we recovered and won after it regen'd to full. Once he gets that low he won't use astral flow again so never EVER home point until you time out.
By Mrgrim 2021-05-28 02:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jedigamer said: »
I made a video of our 12 man run. I opted to post the run with a wipe\recovery so people see all hope isn't lost if you die.

The hardest part, IMO, is the khimera because he will aoe stun+para+100 fists and it can go sideways fast. I also had a 6 man attempt that ended in a wipe with the final form at 2% and we recovered and won after it regen'd to full. Once he gets that low he won't use astral flow again so never EVER home point until you time out.

Here is a cool trick I use on TC during last phase. Right After I’m done singing on bard my soul voice songs while nitro is up, I ask the rdm to stymie silence then dia. As soon as those 2 spells land I Drop a nitro soul voice requiem 7, and it last a long time. It is our contingency plan spell in case we wipe to keep it from healing. In fact at low man we have seen it shave 5-6% hp in combination with dia while we are recovering. For this the rdm keeps dia up from outside alliance to keep it from despawning. Hell, requiem has even killed It when we wiped at 3% and its unclaimed. You still get coffer if it dies unclaimed by the way.