Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-05-09 23:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Patch Notes
https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/58129-May-10-2021-%28JST%29-Version-Update

Items
New Items - https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/May_2021_Version_Update_Changes

Changed Items - https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/May_2021_Version_Update_Changes/Existing_Items

Digest #23
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Server: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-05-10 00:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Windower updates will be way late tonight didn't realize it was update night till my phone notified me that Funk had gone live on twitch.

Edit: 7:16AM EST
Resources have been pushed.

KParser Memloc: 00621378 (No change.)
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2021-05-10 00:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Hover shot just seems annoying.
[+]
 Sylph.Ticktick
user: mofat
By Sylph.Ticktick 2021-05-10 00:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

"The issue wherein the weapon skills Dragon Kick and Tornado kick would not properly grant the effect of TP Bonus+ when used under the effects of the monk ability Footwork."

???
 Asura.Datsik
user: datsik
By Asura.Datsik 2021-05-10 00:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Hove shot really sounds stupid wtf. Fix nin and blm already.
But the reprisal change was neat
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2021-05-10 00:39:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ticktick said: »
"The issue wherein the weapon skills Dragon Kick and Tornado kick would not properly grant the effect of TP Bonus+ when used under the effects of the monk ability Footwork."

???
well that explains why they never seemed as good as they should be with my godhands build
[+]
 Asura.Bixbite
By Asura.Bixbite 2021-05-10 00:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The issue wherein regen effects of a certain potency or above would not function properly on pets.

Pup nerf?
 Asura.Datsik
user: datsik
By Asura.Datsik 2021-05-10 00:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Jakey said: »
Sylph.Ticktick said: »

???
well that explains why they never seemed as good as they should be with my godhands build
I've also been thinking about this for quite some time
 Valefor.Furyspawn
Server: Valefor
user: Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2021-05-10 00:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Topace said: »
Hover shot just seems annoying.

But we still have Flashy Shot and Unlimited Shot, so I guess we've got that going for us. :')
By gojito 2021-05-10 00:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bixbite said: »
Quote:
The issue wherein regen effects of a certain potency or above would not function properly on pets.

Pup nerf?

I really hope not.
 Bahamut.Yuush
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Yuush 2021-05-10 00:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

gojito said: »
Quote:

Pup nerf?

I really hope not.
Sometimes Companion's Roll didn't work on luopons. My guess is something to do with Companion's Roll regen.
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2021-05-10 01:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

If Hover Shot can stack with Velocity Shot (Which I assume it won't as it's most likely one or the other).. Then... incoming new RNG-Strafing Addon that will make you move from side to side to enhance damage, acc, etc.. all while Snapster's Auto-RA Addon does the rest.. ^_^

Just planting the idea.. However, if it doesn't stack, then Velocity Shot is more valuable for overall DPS.. Unless Hover Shot offers ridiculously insane boosts..
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-05-10 01:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Popo. con Queso: A regional delicacy combining the savoriness of fresh popotoes with expertly melted cheese.

STR+5 MND+5 Attack+20% (Max. 130) Ranged Attack+20% (Max. 130) Evasion+10% (Max. 50) Magic Evasion+10% (Max. 50)

Popo. con Que. +1 The freshest popotoes combined with perfectly seared cheese brings pure joy to the palate.

STR+6 MND+6 Attack+21% (Max. 135) Ranged Attack+21% (Max. 135) Evasion+11% (Max. 55) Magic Evasion+11% (Max. 55)

Seafood Gratin A milky sauce combined with melted cheese adds a wonderful touch to this bounty of the sea.

DEX+7 MND+7 Accuracy+20% (Max. 70) Ranged Accuracy+20% (Max. 70) Evasion+12% (Max. 60) Magic Evasion+12% (Max. 60)

Sea. Gratin +1
The delectable aroma brings chefs and fishermen alike to tears of joy.

DEX+8 MND+8 Accuracy+21% (Max. 75) Ranged Accuracy+21% (Max. 75) Evasion+13% (Max. 65) Magic Evasion+13% (Max. 65)

These are niiiiiice. I like those popoto's especially. I usually just eat red curry buns whenever I want an attack food, and I'd still use them for trash mobs, but against something dangerous the sacrifice of 15 attack for 55 magic evasion is a serious consideration. Seafood gratin is a little less enticing because grape daifuqu +1 is the go to accuracy hybrid food, but it's not bad for what it does either.
[+]
By Creecreelo 2021-05-10 01:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The buffs to Decoy Shot are really nice, but Hover Shot sounds so annoying to use. It makes me nervous what other kind of adjustments they have planned for the big all 22 job adjustment update.
[+]
 Bahamut.Butmunch
By Bahamut.Butmunch 2021-05-10 01:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Creecreelo said: »
The buffs to Decoy Shot are really nice, but Hover Shot sounds so annoying to use. It makes me nervous what other kind of adjustments they have planned for the big all 22 job adjustment update.

How is that Decoy Shot Nerf rly a buff is there something i am not seeing?
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-05-10 01:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

wonder how good moglification: resist death will be
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2021-05-10 01:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

wow great mechanic making us move when ranged attacks interrupt easily

jesus christ what were they thinking
[+]
By Creecreelo 2021-05-10 01:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Butmunch said: »
Creecreelo said: »

How is that Decoy Shot Nerf rly a buff is there something i am not seeing?

Decoy Shot's recast time was reduced to 3min, so it can kept up full-time now, which is pretty huge on its own. It seems the enmity transferred now starts higher too and decays to the point it was at before tonight's update, if I'm understanding that correctly.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-05-10 01:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
A Porter Moogle has been added to the staging grounds in Sheol: Gaol.
Players may retrieve items stored via the Porter Moogle here.

Welp, that's one complaint people can scratch off the list from the oddy thread. And one of the more frequently voiced ones no less.

Quote:
Players can now earn additional mog segments by examining the Otherworldly Vortex in Sheol A, B, or C based on the number of mod segments they have earned during that foray.

Getting a segment reward in addition to gil for reaching the end is nice. It'll probably make it worth it to run there and collect your spoils. That should negate the tradeoff of farming for extra segments versus getting the gil, which is a decision people often fuss over. Good stuff here tbh.
 Bahamut.Bizarro
user: bizarro
By Bahamut.Bizarro 2021-05-10 01:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I interpreted it as the normal amount of enmity to the player, rather than the decoy shot "target" but this could make sense too. I mean it's SE half the time I wonder if they know what they mean, let alone what the devs actually code someth8ing to do...

Hover shot better be some massive boosts or the movement thing is... "wtf?!?!?" First they wanted us to hold still; now they want us to move breaking the "don't move or you'll be interrupted".. make up your mind would ya!?!?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2021-05-10 01:26:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Yuush said: »
gojito said: »
Quote:

Pup nerf?

I really hope not.
Sometimes Companion's Roll didn't work on luopons. My guess is something to do with Companion's Roll regen.
Pet Regen from Companion's Roll and gear combined was set to 0 past a certain amount. I don't remember the exact threshold but it was somewhere between 120 and 130 Pet Regen.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2021-05-10 01:37:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Update reverted XI view Icons, I don't know replacing them now would cause crashes. hope Kenshi or Caradog can find out
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-05-10 01:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The issue with an incorrect item name.

Pre-adjustment → Post-adjustment
Gledi’s Greaves → Gledi’s Breeches

Hot take. Greaves are foot gear, and breeches are leg gear. So I understand why they renamed the legs. I'm sort of surprised they didn't rename gleti's boots to gleti's greaves in the process though. Either way, this is a public service announcement to anyone who may have missed this. If you have gleti's legs macroed, you're gonna have to go through all your macros and update them so this change doesn't break your gear swaps.

Side note... the amount of typos in these updates is seriously unprofessional for an AAA company. Not only can't they spell "Gleti's", but the very next paragraph after they mentioned Mog Amplifiers they went on to call them MOH Amplifiers (in bold no less). There were a few others I noticed as well. Seriously, how long does it take to proofread the dang update notes. They have to be getting paid sufficiently that they can at least do that. That just speaks of laziness. They would never have let their standards drop that low even half a decade ago.
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-05-10 01:59:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Quote:
Side note... the amount of typos in these updates is seriously unprofessional for an AAA company. Not only can't they spell "Gleti's", but the very next paragraph after they mentioned Mog Amplifiers they went on to call them MOH Amplifiers (in bold no less). There were a few others I noticed as well. Seriously, how long does it take to proofread the dang update notes. They have to be getting paid sufficiently that they can at least do that. That just speaks of laziness. They would never have let their standards drop that low even half a decade ago.

Every update I hope they fix more errors from our localization thread. It was very reassuring that they fixed so many within a month or two of creating the thread.
 Asura.Syto
By Asura.Syto 2021-05-10 02:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Hover Shot and Velocity Shot can be activated together.. one doesn't cancel the other...

Time for a Auto-Strafing Addon to work with Auto-RA...

SE wants us to start moving our fat *** around like in FFXIV battles...

Time to burn some calories while blowing some ***up...
 Fenrir.Aladeus
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2021-05-10 02:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

hover shot would be fine if we didnt get interrupted from moving. it might actually be amusing at that point, but that's not how it's going to work.
 Asura.Syto
By Asura.Syto 2021-05-10 02:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Aladeus said: »
hover shot would be fine if we didnt get interrupted from moving. it might actually be amusing at that point, but that's not how it's going to work.

Just played with it a little, it doesn't seem to interrupt as much as you think.. a nicely created and perfectly timed Auto-Strafing addon can make it work really well..

It also works on Weapon Skills..

Although, it may be tough to make such a program, as clientside vs serverside detection of you stopping may cause some confusion. It would have to be paced out not on every single Ranged Attack, rather every WS to give your DPS a little more boost..
By SimonSes 2021-05-10 02:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Addon that moves my char on its own? Yeah nah. I would rather not use the ability at all, rather then use such stupid addons. How much ratt, racc we are talking about anyway? Is it stack?
 Asura.Syto
By Asura.Syto 2021-05-10 02:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Addon that moves my char on its own? Yeah nah. I would rather not use the ability at all...

Or one that reminds you to move manually before a WS.. gives a little visual nudge onscreen with a visual cue or something...

Yeah it may not be worth it if it isn't that huge of a boost anyways.. Just giving some ideas to try to make it be a part of practical use.. I agree it is a hinderance or rarely utilized on occasion otherwise..

I did not test the boosted stats yet..
First Page 2 3 4