Is There A Chart Showing Mob Weakness?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Is there a chart showing mob weakness?
Is there a chart showing mob weakness?
By Ninjaxtasy 2021-05-03 18:31:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Example, birds weak to piercing, etc but for all mob families
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-05-03 19:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be quite the undertaking if someone did, but pretty awesome too. I did something like it but for Rune choice on Rune Fencer.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-05-03 20:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

curious as to the nature of the request.

General knowledge and familiarity within the game?

Odyssey needs?

...because if its the latter, I'll say yet again- enemies in Sheol C do not specifically have a weakness the way their counterparts outside do. They have a resistance. Think of this as damage types to avoid, not a damage type that's best. One will suck, the others will be normal.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-03 20:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
enemies in Sheol C do not specifically have a weakness the way their counterparts outside do. They have a resistance. Think of this as damage types to avoid, not a damage type that's best. One will suck, the others will be normal.

They have both weaknesses of their outer-world counterparts, in addition to any Odyssey weaknesses/resistances. For example, skeletons resist Slashing and Piercing normally, but in Odyssey, they get an additional 50% slashing resistance. Piercing is actually stronger inside Odyssey vs skeletons because the native slashing resistance to skeletons + Odyssey resistance is higher than the flat Piercing Resistance. But Piercing is much weaker on skeletons outside of Odyssey, because it doesn't suffer than same slashing resistance penalty.

I physically do far more damage with Shining One on any Skeleton than I ever can with Masamune inside Odyssey. A similar case applies to ghosts as well.

Another example are birds. Birds are weak to piercing in general, but have a blunt resistance inside Odyssey. No penalty to slashing. So piercing weapons actually does more dmg to birds inside Odyssey than Slashing weapons because of the native weakness and from not suffering from piercing penalty.

To OP: Most of the enemy weaknesses are either latent/common knowledge, or buried in the old ffxiclopedia pages. You can go visit each family manually and see the weapon/elemental weakness/resistance, but I don't believe there is a master list. It would take a while to compile, and there's certain nuances between families that could be special exceptions, depending on the mob type.
[+]
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Server: Asura
By Asura.Carrotchan 2021-05-03 21:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

odyssey?

non odyssey:
bgwiki

check please
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-05-03 21:47:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Here.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/349586062856814593/429877437069787146/FFXI_Monster_Resistances_full_3-31-18.xlsx
[+]
By Ninjaxtasy 2021-05-03 23:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
enemies in Sheol C do not specifically have a weakness the way their counterparts outside do. They have a resistance. Think of this as damage types to avoid, not a damage type that's best. One will suck, the others will be normal.

They have both weaknesses of their outer-world counterparts, in addition to any Odyssey weaknesses/resistances. For example, skeletons resist Slashing and Piercing normally, but in Odyssey, they get an additional 50% slashing resistance. Piercing is actually stronger inside Odyssey vs skeletons because the native slashing resistance to skeletons + Odyssey resistance is higher than the flat Piercing Resistance. But Piercing is much weaker on skeletons outside of Odyssey, because it doesn't suffer than same slashing resistance penalty.

I physically do far more damage with Shining One on any Skeleton than I ever can with Masamune inside Odyssey. A similar case applies to ghosts as well.

Another example are birds. Birds are weak to piercing in general, but have a blunt resistance inside Odyssey. No penalty to slashing. So piercing weapons actually does more dmg to birds inside Odyssey than Slashing weapons because of the native weakness and from not suffering from piercing penalty.

To OP: Most of the enemy weaknesses are either latent/common knowledge, or buried in the old ffxiclopedia pages. You can go visit each family manually and see the weapon/elemental weakness/resistance, but I don't believe there is a master list. It would take a while to compile, and there's certain nuances between families that could be special exceptions, depending on the mob type.

Makes sense
By Ninjaxtasy 2021-05-03 23:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Carrotchan said: »
odyssey?

non odyssey:
bgwiki

check please

Yes, specifically Odyssey. This is helpful. Thank you.