Conqueror R15 Vs UKON R15 Battle Second Place.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Conqueror R15 vs UKON R15 battle second place.
Conqueror R15 vs UKON R15 battle second place.
First Page 2
 Siren.Sandraa
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: DaNTE333
By Siren.Sandraa 2021-04-11 19:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin
Server: Asura
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-04-11 19:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would you use regal ring in TP sets but Rajas in WS set?

Edit: I guess to keep 4hit?

Edit2: Just based on your sets your better off working on other gear for War then making/Finishing Conqueror, but that's not really the point.
By SimonSes 2021-04-11 19:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Optimal for Ukon is to hold TP to like 2500 for Upheaval, not spam it.
 Bahamut.Kwech
Server: Bahamut
user: Kwech
By Bahamut.Kwech 2021-04-11 21:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey so just finished my Conq and working on it also, came up with this:

ItemSet 378983
[+]
 Bahamut.Yiazmat
user: Rudra
By Bahamut.Yiazmat 2021-04-12 04:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyame path A 4/5 could be an option for Conq, using Hja body, for a DT set
 Asura.Aerox
Server: Asura
By Asura.Aerox 2021-04-12 11:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got my Ukon to 119 and my Conq is r14 so looking forward to trying this comparison. I'm mostly there as 2nd DD in w3 dyna to buff our r15 monk with savagery and blood rage so will be capped haste/att/acc.

Conq might not be BiS but so much fun to play with! I use the same build as Kwech and my WS freq was the same as our r15 Lib drk just my ws avg was about 10k lower :(
 Bahamut.Atigeve
By Bahamut.Atigeve 2021-04-12 12:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I have R15 Conq and I love it, I also love the Chango too though and my Ukon although my Ukon needs to get more love. I run a very very similar set to what Kwech posted, like almost exact, its nice but you really feel squishy
 Bismarck.Balguss
Server: Bismarck
user: Balguss
By Bismarck.Balguss 2021-04-12 12:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

20k lower
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-04-12 13:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd guess Sakpata's gauntlets would perform fairly well for King's Justice in situations where you know you're at attack cap. Lose a bit of str and 1 stp, gain PDL, more double attack. Way better defensive stats.
By Spaitin 2021-04-12 19:26:55
Link | Quote | Reply

with sakpata, ukon is pretty far ahead of conq now. Both of them can get a 3 hit build with 100 DA fairly easy these days. But ukon doesnt care about that as much.

and as far as the old 100 DA five hit build war tp set. anyone still using it, I recommend stopping lol. It is miles behind other builds.

I found this set performs better than anything else I have come up with for AMIII conq.
ItemSet 375751

Everything augmented with as much STP as possible. odyssean body with max stp augments is a little better than val.

conqs big issue atm is lack of a powerful weaponskill. It does not have higher frequency than other builds and like any non Chango GA, it doesnt have a strong WS. Ukon makes up for it in white damage now. Before Sakpata, conq was a bit higher up and ukon was a bit lower. Sakpata was a big boost to ukon actually.
[+]
 Bahamut.Atigeve
By Bahamut.Atigeve 2021-04-13 08:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

People have knocked on ukon and conq for some time now, I decided to run a few tests in Dynamis on Wave 3 bosses. I did 1 whole run with conq r15 and 1 whole run with chango r12 so far. I was kinda shocked. So lets simply look at ws low and hi dmg and ws avg in these instances as there are variables that couldnt be helped I think i died. My conq set is using 4/4 tatenshi +1 augmented

Your text to link here...

Same buffs here. KJ isnt really weak, my highs with conq/KJ are better then my highs with chango/upheaval, running basically the same ws set. I am very curious to start working Ukon sets though now and see where that goes, potential is there for sure!
By SimonSes 2021-04-13 13:37:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Dynamis parses arent really good way to check anything, unless you are the only DD, getting exactly the same buffs (which is almost impossible, because even luck to get good numbers on COR rolls matters) in same zone. Also both KJ and Upheaval scale with TP, so ws avg will be completely different for holding TP or spamming at 1000TP and WS frequency in Dynamis is completely dependent on lag, how you pull mobs, how you switch mobs and other people killing mobs (thats why you would need to be only DD to have even chance to make a real comparison test). Highest KJ doesnt really matter too. Its normal spikes are higher on KJ, when you have ~50% damage bonus and you proc QA+DA.

As for Ukon, its a completely different weapon imo. Chango is all about WS frequency. Ukon is imo all about white damage and holding TP for Upheaval. Spamming WS isnt optimal with Ukon imo, unless you self skillchain.
[+]
 Bahamut.Atigeve
By Bahamut.Atigeve 2021-04-13 13:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I do agree, but its what I have now that I started really comparing all of them. Ukon I working on a set for I am using this a tool in the box to help improve both myself and to help others when I can. I do ws higher tp with Conq simply bc I get tp faster, avg i am wsing around 1800 (with earing and warcry well yeah thats looking even higher) I am not intentially holding it though. I love seeign ukon getting some love, and I love that i can use conq or w/e weapon and still do well depending on situation. I intend on trying this more and more in game with recorded data. This all started when I made all the weapons and hearing oh x sucks or y is horrible why would you make it, well bc i wanted to and I feel they are underrated.
By Crossbones 2021-04-13 14:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think people underrated conq because it's a bad weapon, I think it happens because almost any other weapon option is better in almost any situation. On a job with almost 30 native da and really good hybrid options in sakpata you are just giving up way too much to gear for conq for basically no benefit (?). I think the only consistently worse weapon option is the relic GA. If you have fun using conq that's one thing but personally it is quite an investment in both making and gearing for the weapon and I just don't see any benefits outside of it being a little bit different. Even before sakpata you kind of gave up a lot to build for conq but now the sacrifice is just way too much.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kwech
By Bahamut.Kwech 2021-04-13 17:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Crossbones said: »
On a job with almost 30 native da and really good hybrid options in sakpata you are just giving up way too much to gear for conq for basically no benefit (?).

It's a bit of a longshot, but Conq is able to benefit from Nyame Path A.

This is my biggest concession though - Sakpata doesn't help your hybrid set and you're likely better off with Hjarrandi in terms of dps.

Even before sakpata you kind of gave up a lot to build for conq but now the sacrifice is just way too much.

You're not actually giving up much when Tatenashi is practically built for a mythic weapon with TA and STP. Tatenashi is heavily regarded as WARs best dps set. However in a pre-Sakpata, post-Tatenashi world I think conq stood a better chance due to hybrid options.

Lastly the "Augments berserk" does help cap you in the age of +PDL.

None of these things are particularly convincing, but if SE continues to push STP over multi-attack in the future this could be ~a~ go-to weapon.

Let's be real though - the lockstyle is top tier.
 Bahamut.Atigeve
By Bahamut.Atigeve 2021-04-13 17:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kwech said: »
On a job with almost 30 native da and really good hybrid options in sakpata you are just giving up way too much to gear for conq for basically no benefit (?).

It's a bit of a longshot, but Conq is able to benefit from Nyame Path A.

This is my biggest concession though - Sakpata doesn't help your hybrid set and you're likely better off with Hjarrandi in terms of dps.

Even before sakpata you kind of gave up a lot to build for conq but now the sacrifice is just way too much.

You're not actually giving up much when Tatenashi is practically built for a mythic weapon with TA and STP. Tatenashi is heavily regarded as WARs best dps set. However in a pre-Sakpata, post-Tatenashi world I think conq stood a better chance due to hybrid options.

Lastly the "Augments berserk" does help cap you in the age of +PDL.

None of these things are particularly convincing, but if SE continues to push STP over multi-attack in the future this could be ~a~ go-to weapon.

Let's be real though - the lockstyle is top tier.

Funny you say Path A, I was very much considering Path A for my mythics (Liberator, Conq, Tizona, Aymur) but I think I am starting to lean more towards B. Conq is something that to make it perform well you need to gear it totally different for TP over other weapons, which is where Tatenshi comes in, its made perfectly for it dps wise, but completely sucks in the defense realm lol. It is a fun weapon and van be made to perform well, I have all the weapons on a toggle where i can just swap between them as i see needed or if i see conq isnt doing well or im dying, boom change to chango or ukon.
 Bahamut.Kwech
By Bahamut.Kwech 2021-04-13 17:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Atigeve said: »
Funny you say Path A, I was very much considering Path A for my mythics (Liberator, Conq, Tizona, Aymur) but I think I am starting to lean more towards B. Conq is something that to make it perform well you need to gear it totally different for TP over other weapons, which is where Tatenshi comes in, its made perfectly for it dps wise, but completely sucks in the defense realm lol. It is a fun weapon and van be made to perform well, I have all the weapons on a toggle where i can just swap between them as i see needed or if i see conq isnt doing well or im dying, boom change to chango or ukon.

Yeah I use my Terpsichore and Epeo a ton, so Path A isn't off the table for me completely either.
By Crossbones 2021-04-13 18:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

You're giving up a lot when you use tatenashi because it has horrible defensive stats. This can't be understated when you consider most practical endgame content. Resisting one para or sleep or stun in sakpata would be a bigger dps gain than using conq in max tp set (which I argue is actually not any dps gain at all and probably a loss).
 Bahamut.Atigeve
By Bahamut.Atigeve 2021-04-13 19:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You're giving up a lot when you use tatenashi because it has horrible defensive stats. This can't be understated when you consider most practical endgame content. Resisting one para or sleep or stun in sakpata would be a bigger dps gain than using conq in max tp set (which I argue is actually not any dps gain at all and probably a loss).
Yeah I dont only used Conq :) I have sakpata and all the 2h REMA (and shining one) weapons for war, gives a lot of versatility to play around depending on fight.
By Spaitin 2021-04-13 20:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kwech said: »
You're not actually giving up much when Tatenashi is practically built for a mythic weapon with TA and STP
Tatenashi gear is behind other options for TP gain on AMIII conq. The TA on Tatenashi is a benefit. A very tiny benefit for AMIII.
By malakef 2021-04-13 20:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe that's simply not true. My sheets say his set is about 4% ahead of what you posted.
By Spaitin 2021-04-15 13:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

malakef said: »
I believe that's simply not true. My sheets say his set is about 4% ahead of what you posted.
Are you responding to me?

If so, your sheet looks like it has some errors. This is only going for TP gain like I mentioned including zanshin. I just re-mathed them out and found them to be almost exactly the same in TP gain. within half a TP per attack round.

So, yes I was wrong. with sam/fighters his set is getting an average of 846 and mine is getting an average of 845 per attack round. Unless you put in some factors for retaliation, in which case my set pulls ahead the faster the mob attacks. Which is way less than 4%, closer to .1% which would translate to even less DPS difference. Without Fighters roll it was less than 2% difference. If you were not factoring in acc/zanshin then my set wins by around 1%.

Unless you were doing a DPS calculation on excel with warrior? In which case I have to mention, warrior does not have an accurate spreadsheet.
By Thunderjet 2021-04-15 13:39:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think people underrated conq because it's a bad weapon, I think it happens because almost any other weapon option is better in almost any situation. On a job with almost 30 native da and really good hybrid options in sakpata you are just giving up way too much to gear for conq for basically no benefit (?). I think the only consistently worse weapon option is the relic GA. If you have fun using conq that's one thing but personally it is quite an investment in both making and gearing for the weapon and I just don't see any benefits outside of it being a little bit different. Even before sakpata you kind of gave up a lot to build for conq but now the sacrifice is just way too much.

Relic Great axe is bad? you know how much double attack damage you can get with Back R15 and skapta gear i think its better than conqueror maybe slightly weaker than chango now because of the White damabe double attack % ++ i dunno how much but i think it can reach 70% double attack damage %+ if am not mistaken and thats huge, even if its not 70% the amount u get from Skapata is insane with Relic GAXE i did not math it but at first glance when i saw Skapta i instantly knew its for Relic GAXE build
By SimonSes 2021-04-15 13:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Spaitin said: »
In which case I have to mention, warrior does not have an accurate spreadsheet.

What you mean?
You find some error in sheet that we are not aware of?
By Spaitin 2021-04-30 09:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

We found a few issues with the spreadsheets when we last tried them out. We were finding that the spreadsheet at best was roughly 90% accurate. It has been known for awhile that war doesn't have an accurate spreadsheet, if you think you have gotten one accurate, Please post it so we can take a look at it. Malakaef already had an inaccurate spreadsheet result.

If it is accurate, I would like to put it into a guide.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2021-04-30 10:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderjet said: »

Relic Great axe is bad? you know how much double attack damage you can get with Back R15 and skapta gear i think its better than conqueror maybe slightly weaker than chango now because of the White damabe double attack % ++ i dunno how much but i think it can reach 70% double attack damage %+ if am not mistaken and thats huge, even if its not 70% the amount u get from Skapata is insane with Relic GAXE i did not math it but at first glance when i saw Skapta i instantly knew its for Relic GAXE build

Relic procs only occur on the first hit, so there's nothing particularly synergistic with Bravura and double attack dmg+ gear. The augment isn't enough to change that and if anything, the plethora of DA dmg+ gear only serves to devalue it.

And Sakpata only further devalues the only niche it ever had- hybrid DT (not that Hjarrandi hadn't already done that).
[+]
By Spaitin 2021-04-30 10:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
And Sakpata only further devalues the only niche it ever had- hybrid DT (not that Hjarrandi hadn't already done that).
Yeah, Bravura is a really weak weapon . It needs a buff.

Ragnarok is actually much better for DPS than Bravura.
By SimonSes 2021-04-30 11:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Relic Great axe is bad? you know how much double attack damage you can get with Back R15 and skapta gear i think its better than conqueror maybe slightly weaker than chango now because of the White damabe double attack % ++ i dunno how much but i think it can reach 70% double attack damage %+ if am not mistaken and thats huge, even if its not 70% the amount u get from Skapata is insane with Relic GAXE i did not math it but at first glance when i saw Skapta i instantly knew its for Relic GAXE build[/spoiler]

Relic procs only occur on the first hit, so there's nothing particularly synergistic with Bravura and double attack dmg+ gear.

Well this is partially true, because DA damage+ works for both hits, so Bravura proc would synergise with DA damage on first hit.

The augment isn't enough to change that and if anything, the plethora of DA dmg+ gear only serves to devalue it.

Exactly, I honestly have no idea why people think that having more stat with diminishing return is better.. Like Kyte said, having DA damage+ decrease value of any DA damage+ you want to add on top.

DA damage+ in gear only further push Farsha and Ukon as best white damage weapons on WAR.
[+]
By Thunderjet 2021-04-30 13:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Relic procs only occur on the first hit, so there's nothing particularly synergistic with Bravura and double attack dmg+ gear. The augment isn't enough to change that and if anything, the plethora of DA dmg+ gear only serves to devalue it.

RANK 15 DOUBLE ATTACK DAMAGE is proc based but its like nin rank 15 spell cast time -% for example its not through occ deals double or triple damage you are confused

DMG: +20
Metatron Torment: Damage +20%
"Double Attack" damage +10%
By SimonSes 2021-04-30 14:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not what he meant. He meant that relic double damage only proc on first hit, so that aspect of relic being better for white damage doesn't scale with multi attack, because multi attacks can't proc relic hidden damage. So you cant have 2nd hit in double attack get booster by both DA damage and relic proc. Now Ukonvasara and Farsha both can proc on any hit. Which means you can have double attack with both hits proccing triple damage from AM3 and having increased damage from DA damage+

White damage with empyrean weapons is WAaaaaay higher.
[+]
First Page 2