New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Twash Merc
Twash Merc
By Zanii 2021-03-25 08:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello!

I'm looking for a Twash Merc. Well correction, I'm looking for an average price for someone to farm me the mats to create Twash. Let me know! :)
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-03-25 09:10:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Just kidding. Good luck finding your merc. I've heard Twash is one of the terribad ones to farm.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2021-03-25 09:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It was like 4am and I impulsively paid one of those shout RMT to farm me 50 glavoid shells for 90mil a few months ago. One of the best financial decisions I ever made in-game and RL.

I’d try one of them. You can pay them, turn on treasury, and go to bed and wake up to 50 glavoid shells in the morning.

Glavoids a killer but itzpapalotl and orthrus you can easily farm.

Twashtar is beast btw, totally worth it.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-03-25 09:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

How many hours do you think you were away?
 Asura.Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2021-03-25 09:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

5-6hrs maybe? I was surprised how quickly they were done.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-03-25 09:43:52
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Zanii 2021-03-25 09:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

After 20 years, ignorance is bliss. Cipher taught me that.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2021-03-25 11:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not hard at all honestly. Sure, you got a lot of pain-in-the-*** pops with Glavoid (2 time, 2 pop NMs with subpops in each of them), but I recently helped a DNC friend of mine get hers (along with another 2 people helping her too) and it honestly took us ~4 hours. We did a combination of gold chest farming and actually killing the pops themselves (both pop NMs and time NMs).

In my opinion, it's not the worst part of getting Twash/Ukon. The worst part is all the trials leading up to the Abyssea areas.

If you aren't willing to do the first step, then you shouldn't even bother thinking about doing the second step.
By Shichishito 2021-03-25 12:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

obviously it goes a lot faster with 4 ppl than solo, especially if you farm gold chests. you can have multipel jobs that cover strengths and weaknesses (NIN or WAR for procs, THF for TH or maybe some mage for time or chests in general), you can distrbute extra KIs from chests that would go to waste playing solo.
with 4 ppl it might even be not that bad but solo it's just miserable. but who convinces 3 others to spend ~4 hours of their lives towards someone elses empy in 2021...
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2021-03-25 12:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
obviously it goes a lot faster with 4 ppl than solo, especially if you farm gold chests. you can have multipel jobs that cover strengths and weaknesses (NIN or WAR for procs, THF for TH or maybe some mage for time or chests in general), you can distrbute extra KIs from chests that would go to waste playing solo.
with 4 ppl it might even be not that bad but solo it's just miserable. but who convinces 3 others to spend ~4 hours of their lives towards someone elses empy in 2021...
Yes, obviously with 4 other people (technically 6, since 1 was a tri-boxer) it would go much faster.

But guess what? We did it because we wanted to help her out. Everyone who helped her out knew that A) she didn't have as much time to play as the rest of us, B) she doesn't have nearly as much gear as the rest of us a C) we all wanted to help each other, and she helps us when we ask too.

Also:

Shichishito said: »
Had zero to do with it. I did the exact same thing with dudes who asked for help like this. And I will continue to help others who ask for it. She put in the effort to get to the Glavoid stage, and I wanted to help her past it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with doing that, and you know it.
By Shichishito 2021-03-25 12:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

calm down, was just poking a bit fun your way. good for you if you found a group of friends where one hand washes the other.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2021-03-25 12:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

All I'm saying that is find people who are willing to help you for free instead of paying a merc to do it at inflated rates.

Or just spend a little bit of time doing it yourself. I doubt it would take more than 3 days to do it going 2-3 hours per day.
By Shichishito 2021-03-25 13:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

still sounds very optimistic, i remember farming Apademak's Horn in ilvl era which is pretty bad but i believe glavoid is worse. didn't have all procs so i went with thf, iirc it took me about a week.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-25 13:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Only thing that matters is how many other people are there. a pop every 20 minutes, 30 pops, 10 hours.

But that never happens cause there's always someone there going for dabess dagger for the "sit in my mog house" situational set.

Just let dood buy it if they want to.
 Asura.Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2021-03-25 13:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a loner/loser so I'd rather pay a merc 90mil than bother my friends to help me for 5 hours.

Plus I hate being indebted to people and the thought of having to help them for 5 more hours would kill me.
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2021-03-25 13:41:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Botosi said: »
I'm a loner/loser so I'd rather pay a merc 90mil than bother my friends to help me for 5 hours.

Plus I hate being indebted to people and the thought of having to help them for 5 more hours would kill me.

This, also you can find mercs less than 90m, ive seen them as low as 750k per item recently when times are desperate. Juts got to ask them and most will lower if there is competition.
By Zanii 2021-03-25 13:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Same!!
By GwenStacy 2021-03-25 14:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

i love you baby
[+]
By Zanii 2021-03-25 15:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

GwenStacy said: »

i love you baby

Same?