New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Brace yourselves many square Remakes incoming,
Brace yourselves many square Remakes incoming,
First Page 2 3
By Thunderjet 2021-03-02 03:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.jioforme.com/multiple-square-enix-remakes-planned-and-fans-want-chrono-trigger/215828/
i just want FF6, Crono trigger. or a remake of Treasures of Rudra finally in English.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-02 04:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Given what they've done to FF7 I'm not sure I want many remakes.
Not made with that spirit at least.

Get Nomura away from behind the wheel and we're talking.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Ruaumoko 2021-03-02 04:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »

Agreed. Nomura being attached to FF7R had me thinking "Oh ***" when I heard he was. The guy reminds me of Zack Snyder; has great visual flair but should not be anywhere near a storyboard.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Thunderjet 2021-03-02 05:02:06
Link | Quote | Reply

forever entertainment did the panzer dragoon remake, its literally the same thing they would not *** this up
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-02 05:04:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »

Agreed. Nomura being attached to FF7R had me thinking "Oh ***" when I heard he was. The guy reminds me of Zack Snyder; has great visual flair but should not be anywhere near a storyboard.
Exactly my point.

Let Nomura do what he has studied for and what he was trained to do: visual design, character design.
Game design? Project manager? God please no.

Sadly his games usually sell a lot so ours is just a silly dream, not gonna happen. If SE could they would probably clone Nomura to make him lead multiple projects at the same time.

In the end, I dunno, I don't wanna sound to judgeamental or hipster. If his titles sell it's quite obvious there's a lot of people who like them.
I'm not the kind of person who says "if I don't like X, then X doesn't deserve to exist!".
Let Nomura create games, fine. But then can we please talk about making new titles instead of potentially ruining old ones who are so dear to many of us? :-(

(not like FF7R was a bad title or a disaster, but it wasn't what I would've wanted a FF7 Remake to be either, nowhere close to that)
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-02 05:06:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Freehugs said: »
The co-director of part 1 will be taking over part 2 of the remake. Nomura will just be there for creative input stuff.
https://www.gematsu.com/2021/02/final-fantasy-vii-remake-part-two-to-be-directed-by-part-one-co-director-naoki-hamaguchi
Yeah I read, but Nomura still has a very important role.
Regardless, they did so many things wrong (for my tastes, of course, not objectively) in FF7R that it's gonna be hard to get it right in the next title, but one man can hope, right?

I an also hope for FF7 to be released as a complete version in like 6 years from now lol, with lots of tweaks to the first title, to better synergize with the latter ones.
I know I know, not gonna happen...
By Chaplin 2021-03-02 05:11:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I’d rather have the unreleased Chrono Trigger sequel then a remake.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-02 05:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You mean Chrono Break? The third title in the series?
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2021-03-02 06:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Im already getting all my Mana series remakes, the new Triangle game is all the FFT I need, so remake Vagrant Story well enough that it spawns a series already.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-03-02 06:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I have to be honest I'm not impressed with modern developers at all, every time I see remaster my first thought is "they are gonna mess with it" (fkin bioware) and every time I see remake I know they are going to "modernize" it. By modernize I mean fortnite it.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-03-02 06:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty tacky that the Yuffie DLC is going to be a PS5 exclusive(indicating the next 2 parts of FF7R will also be PS5 exclusive) after they sold the first one for PS4 and said it will run fine on the lower PS4.

Consoles in general are a ridiculously lame way to try to force customer loyalty. I'd rather pay 500 bucks(or whatever ps5 msrp is) for a 'playstation pass' that lets me play ps5 exclusives on PC. Instead, gotta buy another (scalped, and increasingly larger) console to clutter up the media center for a half dozen games that won't run half as well as they would on PC.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2021-03-02 06:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

When they said ffxvi was going to also be on PC, I definitely had no interest in a PS5.

If you want to sell me a game, put it on Nintendo. If you want to sell me a graphics explosion disguised as a game, put it on PC
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-03-02 07:06:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sony are also becoming really censorship happy the last few years.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-03-02 07:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly I'm not sure whether or not I even want a Chrono Trigger remake now. The original is my favorite console RPG ever, and it's such a classic from a by gone era that I don't think any remake can do it justice. Chrono trigger hails from the era where Squaresoft was actually Squaresoft, and the project was headed by the dream team. The talent they have at S-E just isn't the same anymore.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-03-02 07:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
If you want to sell me a game, put it on Nintendo. If you want to sell me a graphics explosion disguised as a game, put it on PC
pretty much this, nintendo can get away with consoles because they actually produce consistantly functional and enjoyable games with no political *** and an emphasis on gameplay over graphics

the amount of bugs and performance issues in every high budget console game is absolutely absurd
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2021-03-02 08:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys got any "live service" games? -no one ever
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-03-02 08:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Honestly I'm not sure whether or not I even want a Chrono Trigger remake now. The original is my favorite console RPG ever, and it's such a classic from a by gone era that I don't think any remake can do it justice. Chrono trigger hails from the era where Squaresoft was actually Squaresoft, and the project was headed by the dream team. The talent they have at S-E just isn't the same anymore.
That's kinda my thoughts on some of my favourite titles. You know what's great is that there are a lot of fans out there who have made their own [often really, really good] spiritual successors. Some of those indie homages are fantastic.
By Jetackuu 2021-03-02 08:29:57
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah ff7r is garbage, let us not
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-03-02 08:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

It was some of the best fun I've had in years playing a video game.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-03-02 08:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem with video games is the same one that hit movies, the costs (as well as the demands on investors, which every damn video game company has gone and done to itself now) keep increasing so high now that they have to appeal to the widest possible audience. They are watering down everything to try appeal to everyone.

You can't have a movie or game aimed at a niche audience anymore unless it's an indie title, a movie aimed at horror fans? No way! A romance movie mainly aimed at women? not anymore! A turn based combat game? nope! that won't sell 5 million copies!

Hollywood and video game companies used to make products aimed at niche audiences with strict budgets and sensible expectations for profits, now everything has to appeal to everyone and make a 500 million - 1 billion.

They even do this now with old games and movie remakes that were aimed at niche audiences. Which is like remaking "banana ice cream mk2 2021 edition" but making it vanilla because more people like vanilla. I still can't believe they remade FF7 with action combat over turn based. I'm not saying what they did was bad, but it wasn't ff7. It should of been a new game if they were going to change it that much.

This is why I'm glad they aren't remaking / remastering ffxi, they would make such a pigs ear out of it, it makes me mad to even think about it.

Some of the best movies and video games cost fairly small amounts of money to make and made "decent" amounts of profits, how many of the billion dollar movies and cookie cutter games made in the past 10 years do you consider really great?
[+]
By Viciouss 2021-03-02 08:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Belkin said: »

Fighting Sephiroth on hard mode was all I ever wanted to do.
By waffle 2021-03-02 09:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

You mean Chrono Break? The third title in the series?
For what it's worth, while Cross was made with a third entry in mind, (in fact Kato explicitly has stated that it was meant to involve the cast of Cross saving the cast of Trigger from their fates and both casts teaming up) that game was not Chrono Break. Chrono Break instead was a follow up that was concocted after he and most everyone else involved in trigger and cross had left the company.
Chrono Break also wasn't entirely canned. It was retooled and repurposed and turned into the mobile game Final Fantasy Dimensions II.
By eliroo 2021-03-02 09:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

FF7R is an incredibly fun game. I think the story direction went wayward towards the end though. Typical Nomura though.
[+]
By Mattelot 2021-03-02 09:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
When they said ffxvi was going to also be on PC, I definitely had no interest in a PS5.

I'll still play 16 as I don't miss a series entry.

But you are right about Nintendo. Retro gaming is my passion and Nintendo will always be my favorite. The amount of quality they can squeeze into small packages always impresses me. People play Nintendo games for fun, not to inflate some achievement system that nobody is impressed by. Not to insult anyone who is an achievement hunter, I've never cared for it. Instead of playing for fun, you've made a job out of checking off a checklist.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2021-03-02 09:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I want Parasite Eve I and II

Parasite Eve I hasn't aged well.
Parasite Eve 2 models look weird with filtering.
[+]
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2021-03-02 10:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Mattelot said: »
People play Nintendo games for fun, not to inflate some achievement system that nobody is impressed by. Not to insult anyone who is an achievement hunter, I've never cared for it. Instead of playing for fun, you've made a job out of checking off a checklist.

Nintendo games have done similar things since ever. Completion percents in Super Mario World for instance. Finishing a Pokedex, collecting all the golden poops in Breath of the Wild, whatever. Same sort of completionist stuff that a Platinum trophy has. If it's that you can have a score...well, high scores have also been there since ever.

It's all just stuff that's there if you want it, and easily ignored if you don't.

To a point, Nintendo likely just hasn't integrated it in the same way due to their online often being so far behind the curve. They've implemented the same concepts in slightly different form. Stickers in MK8/etc for instance.
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2021-03-02 10:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Belkin said: »

I would go as far as to say it was the best game released in the last console generation period.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2021-03-02 10:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

What the people really want is a FF13 remaster for ps5.
First Page 2 3