New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Odyssey » Legit Props for Gaol Rewards
Legit Props for Gaol Rewards
First Page 2 3 4 5
By Shichishito 2021-06-07 13:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

there have also been plenty of systems that approached it differently. abyssea, voidwatch, geas fete, ambuscade and HTBF come to mind, they clearly recognized the problem with lockouts.
looking back i was subbed with few, if any breaks during abyssea/voidwatch days and i also was more engaged when HTBF and geas fete offered something new.

with the introduction of omen, dynamis and now odyssey i find myself taking more and longer breaks. lately i just wait for free campaigns and the worst part is when they finally arrive i start grinding monthlies/dailies and halfway thru i realise why i cancelled my subscription.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-07 13:22:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Different times, different mindset, different life situation.

What doesn't work for you works on the other fifty thousand, simply a game of numbers. It really is that simple. You aren't in the target demographic.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2021-06-08 07:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
Keep in mind this content is not instanced. It's literally just two duplicate actual zone areas, if 2 groups are doing this constantly then nobody else can do it till you're done. The entire point of the 20 hour lockout is to stagger peoples entry and to lower congestion.

You don't have to do it every day, you are just forcing yourself to do it every day. Do it a few times a week if you want, it will take longer but it's more "humane!"

I dunno why people are complaining about lockouts, ffxi has always had lockouts on content. If anything they are being too generous, daily access on top tier gear? Even limbus locked content to twice a week. "They are trying to make you play longer?" NO!! REALLY? WOOOOW! Almost like that's the entire point of an mmorpg or something. MMORPGs are grindy games that are created to make you spend mass amounts of time in them.
Is Omen congested with the 3 stored canteens?

And yes, you are forced to log in daily to partake in the content in the timely manner SE deemed sufficient to complete the content.
By RadialArcana 2021-06-08 07:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
RadialArcana said: »
Keep in mind this content is not instanced. It's literally just two duplicate actual zone areas, if 2 groups are doing this constantly then nobody else can do it till you're done. The entire point of the 20 hour lockout is to stagger peoples entry and to lower congestion.

You don't have to do it every day, you are just forcing yourself to do it every day. Do it a few times a week if you want, it will take longer but it's more "humane!"

I dunno why people are complaining about lockouts, ffxi has always had lockouts on content. If anything they are being too generous, daily access on top tier gear? Even limbus locked content to twice a week. "They are trying to make you play longer?" NO!! REALLY? WOOOOW! Almost like that's the entire point of an mmorpg or something. MMORPGs are grindy games that are created to make you spend mass amounts of time in them.
Is Omen congested with the 3 stored canteens?

And yes, you are forced to log in daily to partake in the content in the timely manner SE deemed sufficient to complete the content.

On Asura? yeah, it takes ages to get in.

Something that could be good, is allowing you to boost a key item by merging 4 or something to get a bigger reward but is what it is.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-06-08 07:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura is a special case though. Go literally anywhere else and you won't have congestion issues.
[+]
 Asura.Bixbite
By Asura.Bixbite 2021-06-08 10:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

This title really hasn't aged well. Odyssey was a mistake. Which the devs themselves acknowledged by immediately (for them) cutting its life expectancy by 66%. Is Warrior going to be Summoner'd i.e pointlessly over nerfed. The Kalunga set put them a tier higher above the other DDs.
Fencer Warrior is cheap, accessible and easy to play. I assume most most DD players will bandwagon to it.

Quote:
I don't understand the comparison of WAR to SMN, SMN let you bypass mechanics on some of the hardest content (at the time) and they reacted by nerfing it on Odin/Alex/Lilith/Cait Sith.

Warrior and Dragoon Savage Blade spam ignores all Bumba mechanics. Which is supposed to be the hardest content in the game.
Summoner is nerfed on all new content. Any other offensive BP within 10 seconds of one does much less even in Odyssey A,B,C and Gaol.
 Shiva.Berzerk
Server: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2021-06-08 10:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say the QoL changes (segment bonus and amplifiers) have made Odyssey better, I wasn't a fan of Gaol originally nor Sheol A-C either, but it's gotten a bit better.

I don't understand the comparison of WAR to SMN, SMN let you bypass mechanics on some of the hardest content (at the time) and they reacted by nerfing it on Odin/Alex/Lilith/Cait Sith.

This didn't guarantee you kills either, you still had chances of the fights going wrong due to other mechanics of the fight. They could have done the same and nerfed consecutive moves on Bumba but didn't, however you can be victims of the randomness of any of the A3-4 fights still (specifically Ongo, Xevioso, and Mboze). The Kalunga/Sakpata set just let WAR/DRK/PLD catch up to Malignance jobs in terms of Meva/DT. It's not a perfect TP set either but lets you play it safer.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-08 11:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

It did indeed not age well... that's what I get for being positive. I should've known better.

Overall still net positive.... even if the single most important aspect was botched.
 Shiva.Berzerk
Server: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2021-06-08 11:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bixbite said: »
Warrior and Dragoon Savage Blade spam ignores all Bumba mechanics. Which is supposed to be the hardest content in the game.
Summoner is nerfed on all new content. Any other offensive BP within 10 seconds of one does much less even in Odyssey A,B,C and Gaol.

Right, there's still some randomness to RD resetting warcry and it's a damage-check fight, if you mess up or aren't able to kill in the 4 minutes you face the randomness mechanics they built. They've also taken away duplicated jobs and subjobs for Gaol (Not an issue for anything you can SMN burn). It's still quite the grind and I'm glad it's not very merc-able compared to other more recent content.
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-06-08 11:22:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Berzerk said: »
Right, there's still some randomness to RD resetting warcry and it's a damage-check fight, if you mess up or aren't able to kill in the 4 minutes you face the randomness mechanics they built.
I have DRG banked due to space issues. For one of our Bumbas I totally forgot to pull out any DRG gear whatsoever and we still easily made it. It's way too easy to basically avoid the entirety of this fight.
By Shichishito 2021-06-08 13:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

not sure why ppl assume a voidstone syle system would lead to more queue congestion. all multiboxers and solo queuers would be suddenly free to leave and return at a later point where the queue is smaller without losing anything.

the current system forces you to choose between sitting thru long queues or missing out.
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2021-06-08 16:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bixbite said: »
Fencer Warrior is cheap, accessible and easy to play. I assume most most DD players will bandwagon to it.

This is exactly what happened on Asura, at least. WAR is the new bandwagon job, and then dragoon.

In defense of the Kalunga set, WAR/DRK/PLD having to rely on a set of very rare Dyna-D set that was gated by a hard time lockout system was not ideal. This set plus Odyssey segment farming brought paladin back, to where it's again very popular, and it gave WAR and DRK a hybrid set that is better than Malignance. Now whether that's proper balance is up for debate.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-06-08 18:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Def is imbalanced atm, hoping that update they have for all jobs evens things out. The ease of this NM reminds me of Prov Watcher when that first came out, similar in strategy at least. I love how nobody creates threads anymore saying X job needs to be nerfed! Like in the past we would have so many of those for SMN and BLU. WAR/DRK/DRG the new babies.