Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2021-02-05 12:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

What people don't realize is that they are adjusting all jobs to fit into specific categories a la FFXIV.

And they will get it all wrong.

<playerbase> Having only 2 tank jobs suck!
<SE> Well, we will just redo all of the jobs at the same time and make WAR and MNK as tank jobs! Maybe DRK too, since it's part of FFXIV!
[+]
 Asura.Tawhoya
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2021-02-05 12:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
What people don't realize is that they are adjusting all jobs to fit into specific categories a la FFXIV.

<SE> Well, we will just redo all of the jobs at the same time and make WAR and MNK as tank jobs! Maybe DRK too, since it's part of FFXIV!

You forget NIN and PUP as tanks though.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2021-02-05 12:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tawhoya said: »

That's the point.

Every job has flexibility. There is only 3 real "specific" role jobs in the game (BRD, COR, and GEO). They can all 3 be multiple jobs at once (DD BRD, Range COR, nuking GEO) but only those 3 have specific items pertaining to them (aka songs, rolls, and bubbles).

Every other job can be interchanged into one role or another (need a tank? You got lots of choices, Need a healer? Got a few too, need a nuker? There's lots to choose from!) but have no defining characteristic like BRD/COR/GEO has.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-05 12:49:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Them doing all the job updates at once is making me wonder which direction they could go. It might not actually be buffs or improvements. They may actually start redirecting every jobs 's role back to what makes them unique, instead of 15 DDs, 1 healer, 1 defunct BLM, 2 hybrid mages that can do everything, 2 (3lol) tanks. I don't have a ton of faith in them to get this done properly, but I would love to see them correct some things, like BST and PUP being able to play with their pet TOGETHER instead of being so heavily weighted to either Pet-strat or Master focus. And do something with NIN, it sits in between a lot of jobs but is really undefined.

I was playing Ranger the other day and I kind of thought it was funny I couldn't shoot a monster that I could physically target. Out of Range. No, I am a ranger. I should be able to hit anything in my sights
[+]
 Asura.Tawhoya
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2021-02-05 12:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the point.

Every job has flexibility. There is only 3 real "specific" role jobs in the game (BRD, COR, and GEO). They can all 3 be multiple jobs at once (DD BRD, Range COR, nuking GEO) but only those 3 have specific items pertaining to them (aka songs, rolls, and bubbles).

Every other job can be interchanged into one role or another (need a tank? You got lots of choices, Need a healer? Got a few too, need a nuker? There's lots to choose from!) but have no defining characteristic like BRD/COR/GEO has.

I see, I misunderstood what you were saying. I thought you were saying that they're trying to pigeonhole jobs and I was trying to point out versatility.
 Bismarck.Ringoko
Server: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2021-02-05 13:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

They'll probably just uncap merits and call it a day.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-05 14:16:52
Link | Quote | Reply

That's one of the few reasons the cap still exists. Artificial limitations on a system they created based on the limitation existing.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2021-02-05 14:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

endxen said: »
Bismarck.Ringoko said: »
They'll probably just uncap merits and call it a day.

I'm surprised they haven't done this for all merit categories yet. Not really anything game breaking if they let you cap everything in the categories. But yeah the 75 merit cap is outdated. We want to be able to do 100 Lilith in a row without having to stop to cap merits in 10 mins...

Should let us pull out of our potpourri stock at this point...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2021-02-05 14:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the point.

I see, I misunderstood what you were saying. I thought you were saying that they're trying to pigeonhole jobs and I was trying to point out versatility.
I'm saying that that could be the plan. I think it's a greater chance than "nope", which is scary if you think about it.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2021-02-05 16:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
while your points are accurate, I don't think its completely fair to think all of those still paying subscriptions are all kneeling for the sovereign. For many, FFXI is now just a pretty chatroom for friends of 10+ years 95% of the time.

I honestly don't know why I still sub sometimes lol... Most days I just log on to see Spicyryan talk ***in yell. But on a serious note half of my LS has become inactive in the past couple months, most likely unsubbed. Doesn't seem like much overall but if every LS sees 15 people just quit playing because there is nothing to do but make rema's its just not a good state that the game is in.

I just resubbed from a 2 year break and honestly I'm back because I want to play a game that isn't total horse ***. Phone games are just terrible. I fear for my sanity when this and other good games are no longer supported at all under the current business model.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-02-05 16:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

They do. FFXI is down 14k subs (characters) since January according to ffxiah database. Definitely seeing a negative trend there. So in turn it only makes the situation worse unfortunately. SE needs to stop taking on these projects that are doomed... Just Cause was garbage and a flop and they need to stop sucking on Disney's *** and quit losing money on that crap.

The take away is do they have more than this time last year.

They do.

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2021-02-05 17:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
while your points are accurate, I don't think its completely fair to think all of those still paying subscriptions are all kneeling for the sovereign. For many, FFXI is now just a pretty chatroom for friends of 10+ years 95% of the time.

I honestly don't know why I still sub sometimes lol... Most days I just log on to see Spicyryan talk ***in yell. But on a serious note half of my LS has become inactive in the past couple months, most likely unsubbed. Doesn't seem like much overall but if every LS sees 15 people just quit playing because there is nothing to do but make rema's its just not a good state that the game is in.

I just resubbed from a 2 year break and honestly I'm back because I want to play a game that isn't total horse ***. Phone games are just terrible. I fear for my sanity when this and other good games are no longer supported at all under the current business model.

I was thinking that the other day, its so sad that games like XIV are constantly praised and some youtubers saying it has the best final fantasy story ever (huge eye roll) and then you constantly see people quitting left and right. Just resubbing to do story or the new trash content and then quitting again. Crazy how XI had people subbed for literal years upon years and most modern games can't hold peoples attention for more than an hour or so. Damn Gen Z is ruining everything
[+]
 Asura.Cordyfox
user: Cordyfox
By Asura.Cordyfox 2021-02-05 17:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

If this actually happens, I'd honestly quit. It'd kill what makes FFXI FFXI.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Asura.Kusare said: »
job adjustments sounds so negative. not looking forward to them getting every single job a fair shake.

Everyone likes when their job is good and hates when their job is bad. No one likes nerfs but they're part of a healthy game.
Agreed. I'd put money on them not expecting Naegling to be as centralising as it is. COR needs a nerf. Support jobs shouldn't be able to out-DD pure DD jobs. Melee RNG shouldn't be better than bow RNG!

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Felgarr 2021-02-05 21:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to remind everyone that these future "all jobs adjustments, at one time" ....will be as unique and versatile as Aeonic Weapons, (i.e.same stats per weapon, regardless of job).

I still believe this to be true, even though SE said that it'll make us enjoy our favorite jobs more and let us consider playing other jobs that we didn't play previously. (Oh, I can't wait for the underwhelming disappointment).
 Fairy.Trig
Server: Fairy
user: Trig
By Fairy.Trig 2021-02-05 21:51:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
(Oh, I can't wait for the underwhelming disappointment).

On the bright side, you'll have to wait another year to be disappointed...
 Fairy.Trig
Server: Fairy
user: Trig
By Fairy.Trig 2021-02-05 21:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Anoq said: »
Honestly wish they would do the wardrobes before anything else. Job changes (which may require new/different gear) and Empy+ are great, but I don't have room for all my jobs as is.

And why this isn't their priority #1 is beyond me. I'd level another job but already paralyzed with gear.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-05 22:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Trig said: »
Shiva.Anoq said: »
Honestly wish they would do the wardrobes before anything else. Job changes (which may require new/different gear) and Empy+ are great, but I don't have room for all my jobs as is.

And why this isn't their priority #1 is beyond me. I'd level another job but already paralyzed with gear.

Because what you play doesn't matter, only that you keep paying.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-05 22:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Does it matter what order they do things in? If they did the Empyrean updates tomorrow, you'd unlock all of it and deal with the limited space anyways. If they do the wardrobes in a year, they milked a year's worth of subs before delivering it to you, and then you will pay to access it. The finesse is in.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2021-02-05 23:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I would love to see so much more from this game but from a realist perspective and understanding of a company with a budget and restrictions... I accept the why nots that they have given us for years and know not to expect much from them. That loss from the Avenger game really hurt SE overall last year, it affected all development studio budgets. You don't just lose $100M from a project without make cuts across the board to survive.

and those cuts should have consequences. People should unsub as a result of their failings. But they don't. XI(XIV) subs give square the license to do stupid ***, consequence free like that pile of garbage avengers game.

If there was fear of failure, the minimum effort would've been higher. They have an unwavering limitless supply of simps yelling my queen can do no wrong.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but having a bunch of people unsub to prove a point in the hopes that it will encourage them to make changes might have the adverse effect of SE just saying "screw it" and shutting the game down. We're getting into lose-lose territory no matter what at this point because you can only play hardball if you're negotiating from a position of strength.

If SE really cared about keeping this title going beyond just making an easy profit then they would be showing it. This bare minimum effort of stringing along us diehards with lip service tells me they'd abandon it in a heartbeat if given half the chance.

If you still play, then play because you love what's currently in the game, not because of what you think is on the horizon. If that's worth the money to you, then great! I for one am sticking around until the bitter end, even if I don't invest nearly as much time as I used to.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-05 23:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like they'd cave, having XI shutdown would be bad publicity, especially under those circumstances.

"Numbered Final Fantasy XI shuts down after revolt from unsatisfied customers causes record cancellations"

Always that chance though.

Post deleted by User.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2021-02-06 02:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like they'd cave, having XI shutdown would be bad publicity, especially under those circumstances.

"Numbered Final Fantasy XI shuts down after revolt from unsatisfied customers causes record cancellations"

Always that chance though.
Honestly, I think more people would be shocked that it took this long than people would that it's being shutdown.
 Asura.Cordyfox
user: Cordyfox
By Asura.Cordyfox 2021-02-06 02:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Most people I know think it's already shut down.
By Draylo 2021-02-06 05:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't that sad, I just wish SE would care
[+]