users online
Forum » FFXI » General » FFXI Q&A Digest 2021
FFXI Q&A Digest 2021
First Page 2
By Felgarr 2021-02-05 02:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Pre-recorded video here:

YouTube Video Placeholder

Edit: Lmao, "we'll host another Q&A for western players later..." ?
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-02-05 02:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It looks like the additional Wardrobe is further away than I thought it would be.
All jobs adjustment is coming within the year for sure, Empyrean Reforge+Event is planned to be released within the year but they already said they might not make it.
Hmmm...

Bit surprised about the all jobs adjustments, some jobs really don't need anything in my opinion, but w/e.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-05 02:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Omelette sandwich recipe requires two different kinds of raw eggs.

Get to work and figure it out!
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-02-05 02:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

So, the Omelette Sandwish recipe is in the game..
@5:17
By Felgarr 2021-02-05 03:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Omelette sandwich recipe requires two different kinds of raw eggs.

Get to work and figure it out!

My guess: Mix ingredients from egg sandwich and cheese sandwich, trying with different 2-egg combinations.
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-02-05 03:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

So tested some..

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-05 07:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cheese Sandwich strikes again

So... ALL jobs adjustment 2022 (their big things for the 20th ani)

Empy +3 AFTER that.

Snails pace doesn't even being to express.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2021-02-05 09:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess the most exciting news is that we finally know what the omelette sandwich recipe is....
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-05 10:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

endxen said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »

Empy +3 AFTER that.

What do you expect from an 18 year old game with no dev team and a maintenance budget?

I expect a whole lot more. I would settle for some. They offer nothing. Unfortunately I can't seem to convince the addicts I'm the side they should be on.

How many dollars are you willing to light on fire waiting for the promise of empyrean +3. Apparently about 500.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-02-05 10:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wotasu said: »
1 Fire Crystal, 1 White Bread, 1 Grauberg Lettuce, 1 Puk egg, 1 Apkallu egg, 1 Selbina Butter, stir the eggs and butter slowly over the Fire Crystal c.

An omelette without cheese is no omelette. I have spoken.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-05 10:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I would love to see so much more from this game but from a realist perspective and understanding of a company with a budget and restrictions... I accept the why nots that they have given us for years and know not to expect much from them. That loss from the Avenger game really hurt SE overall last year, it affected all development studio budgets. You don't just lose $100M from a project without make cuts across the board to survive.

and those cuts should have consequences. People should unsub as a result of their failings. But they don't. XI(XIV) subs give square the license to do stupid ***, consequence free like that pile of garbage avengers game.

If there was fear of failure, the minimum effort would've been higher. They have an unwavering limitless supply of simps yelling my queen can do no wrong.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-02-05 10:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

while your points are accurate, I don't think its completely fair to think all of those still paying subscriptions are all kneeling for the sovereign. For many, FFXI is now just a pretty chatroom for friends of 10+ years 95% of the time.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-05 10:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Database is valid information but dubious at best. There are 18 unit armies that get created, hit the AH, buy NQ jse necks and chakrams to bot with, and get sold. They stay in the database for 90 days after that. And this is a weekly cycle.

I would like to see database have some improvements added. If a character is "obviously" a mule, to not count it. (only ever sells, never buys etc) and not track 3 months. It wouldn't be perfect, just more accurate.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-05 10:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Empy +3 AFTER that.

L.M.A.O
I laughed this entire digest. Truly comical

[Question about job updates]: "We are gonna drag our feet and just make you wait a very long time, but we promise the jobs will be cool!"

[Question about empyrean armor]: "Guys that gear is very near and dear to your hearts, so we want to get it right, but AFTER we finish the job updates because the jobs will be totally different" (convenient *** excuse here, i am offended they pulled this)

[Question about TVR]: "We cant tell you anything about it" - why the hell did yall even mention it then

Nobody asked them why they arent dropping subscriptions fees. Just wow. First episode of WandaVision wasnt as funny as this Digest. truly a joke at this point.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-05 10:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Database is valid information but dubious at best. There are 18 unit armies that get created, hit the AH, buy NQ jse necks and chakrams to bot with, and get sold. They stay in the database for 90 days after that. And this is a weekly cycle.

I would like to see database have some improvements added. If a player is "obviously" a mule, to not count it. (only ever sells, never buys etc) and not track 3 months. It wouldn't be perfect, just more accurate.

Completely agree there. But still those 17 mules on an account are still considered subs. I did notice it dropped about 800 from that total number since yesterday.

It's just not representative of a "player"

If we want to look at how many humans are playing the game. Then mules don't fit the qualifications.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-05 10:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It was 70k in 2019, by that metric it's doing incredible. 50% increase.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-02-05 10:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I would definitely prefer seeing a list of billing accounts vs characters released by SE. While not perfect, it would be a better metric of "humans playing" vs "characters".
 Asura.Tawhoya
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2021-02-05 11:02:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I would love to see so much more from this game but from a realist perspective and understanding of a company with a budget and restrictions... I accept the why nots that they have given us for years and know not to expect much from them. That loss from the Avenger game really hurt SE overall last year, it affected all development studio budgets. You don't just lose $100M from a project without make cuts across the board to survive.

and those cuts should have consequences. People should unsub as a result of their failings. But they don't. XI(XIV) subs give square the license to do stupid ***, consequence free like that pile of garbage avengers game.

If there was fear of failure, the minimum effort would've been higher. They have an unwavering limitless supply of simps yelling my queen can do no wrong.

I look at it from a different point of view. SE has built an incredible world that has sustained through all of these real-world changes as well as survived technological changes and defied the instant gratification culture we now live in. I see it more as a reward to them. For their hard work in the stories and lore as well as, to Cele's point, a platform for long-time friends to congregate and relax.

I would like to see more effort put in to this game than they have given over the past few years for sure... but if they cut the servers today, I'm still thankful that I got to "live in this world" and enjoy its fruits.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2021-02-05 11:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tawhoya said: »
defied the instant gratification culture we now live in.
That there alone is a miracle.

It is always why FFXI will die, there are going to be so few new players coming on now cause of this.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2021-02-05 11:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

You can have a cheeseless omelet sandwich to go w/ all that whine!

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2021-02-05 12:04:36
Link | Quote | Reply

job adjustments sounds so negative. not looking forward to them getting every single job a fair shake.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-05 12:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kusare said: »
job adjustments sounds so negative. not looking forward to them getting every single job a fair shake.

Everyone likes when their job is good and hates when their job is bad. No one likes nerfs but they're part of a healthy game.
[+]
 Shiva.Anoq
Server: Shiva
user: Lawson
By Shiva.Anoq 2021-02-05 12:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly wish they would do the wardrobes before anything else. Job changes (which may require new/different gear) and Empy+ are great, but I don't have room for all my jobs as is.
[+]
First Page 2