Forum » FFXI » General » small question about Cleaveing
small question about Cleaveing
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2021-01-26 20:07:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Will SE bann you for cleaveing in dyna to farm items?

just want to make sure the report i just posted in the main forum was a good idea or not?
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-26 20:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It could be stated that monopolizing claims in effort to cleave could qualify as TOS but it's not strictly against any rules.

3.2 Disruption. You may not in any way disrupt or interfere with the Game experience of other players

Cleaving definitely violates this rule...... Depending on how you look at it. but it's rare to see enforced.

If a person is cleaving mobs that drop pop items for an event-nm that you need... you can report that as TOS.... but again, wouldn't expect anything to come of it.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-26 20:24:18
Link | Quote | Reply

What you're talking about on the OF is totally different. You're just talking about being frozen by animation lock. That's your complaint/bug. Not anything to do with cleaving per say, but the animation lock that's a by product.

Animation lock is "normal" It very much blows though.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-01-27 00:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The way the TOS is made so that they can ban you for whatever reason. It's one of the things why TOS and EULA don't often see their day in any court other than maybe small claim court.

Anyways, cleaving is a fairly legitimate way of farming. However, I think they sort of made it so that certain mobs required them to be claimed for increase in drop rate or something. Maybe I misread the thing when they nerfed people farming tons of mobs using -aga spells.

The only time when cleaving becomes a problem is when you start claiming NMs that drop KI, you already have the KI and other people need it and asked you for it. Essentially, being a jerk.
By Pantafernando 2021-01-27 01:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, cleaving per se isnt an infringement but if you starts walking with them for too long, or starts making them not available like holding them in other place, then this can be considered disruptive.

The second situation i think is a explicit example of infringement somewhere in the rules. The first (killing them asap) is a normal game competition. You and others players are given same chance to have access to the game resources. If hes a solo player, he can easily claim one mob and hes safe. If hes also on a cleaving job, its a matter of him killing faster/better than others.

Regardless, you should always avoid being targeted by anyone else. Im sure your server is quite empty, so you certainly have possibility to stay in zone alone, and can consider the zone entire yours. On the other side, if you see other people are farming with same purpose, provided isnt a bot (in which case he will stay there forever), im sure you can do anything else and come back when the others had left already.
By Pantafernando 2021-01-27 01:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Andret said: »
However, I think they sort of made it so that certain mobs required them to be claimed for increase in drop rate or something. Maybe I misread the thing when they nerfed people farming tons of mobs using -aga spells.

I think thats the nerf for procing. Supose youre in the magic oroc window, casting sleepga wont be procing many of the due nerf, aside the targeted on, which will proc at normal rate.

Considering drop rates, generally cleaving always will produce better results than single target farming. Up till uncommon drop rate item category, TH8+ wont make up for 2 monsters. Above uncommon drop rate though, extra TH can potentially make up for 3+ mobs cleaved, so its a factor to consider if there are restrictions on mobs availabiility (for example, sphere items drops).

Though, i must say, in practice even cleaving those in general nets better results than stacking TH.
[+]
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2021-01-29 10:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
What you're talking about on the OF is totally different. You're just talking about being frozen by animation lock. That's your complaint/bug. Not anything to do with cleaving per say, but the animation lock that's a by product.

Animation lock is "normal" It very much blows though.
so are you really saying there's not much that can be none about the animation lock honestly?
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2021-01-29 10:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Yes, cleaving per se isnt an infringement but if you starts walking with them for too long, or starts making them not available like holding them in other place, then this can be considered disruptive.

The second situation i think is a explicit example of infringement somewhere in the rules. The first (killing them asap) is a normal game competition. You and others players are given same chance to have access to the game resources. If hes a solo player, he can easily claim one mob and hes safe. If hes also on a cleaving job, its a matter of him killing faster/better than others.

Regardless, you should always avoid being targeted by anyone else. Im sure your server is quite empty, so you certainly have possibility to stay in zone alone, and can consider the zone entire yours. On the other side, if you see other people are farming with same purpose, provided isnt a bot (in which case he will stay there forever), im sure you can do anything else and come back when the others had left already.
Ya all i was trying to get is AF hands for my returning pld friend so he has an ok gear set at 109-119 to start with
By Crossbones 2021-01-29 11:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

If you turn off lockstyle and blink by swapping gear that should take you out of animation lock. Or you can cheat and use ja0wait.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2021-02-27 20:02:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Crossbones said: »
If you turn off lockstyle and blink by swapping gear that should take you out of animation lock. Or you can cheat and use ja0wait.
what do you mean turn off what?

i do not know what you mean and whats ja0wait?
By Mattelot 2021-03-01 06:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kawar said: »
Will SE bann you for cleaveing in dyna to farm items?

just want to make sure the report i just posted in the main forum was a good idea or not?

Rules in most MMOs are carefully worded to where you can be infracted for just about anything. If they see a clever type of gameplay that they do not like, they can lump it into some generic category and/or patch it.
 Valefor.Xerus
Server: Valefor
user: Xerus
By Valefor.Xerus 2021-03-01 08:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kawar said: »
what do you mean turn off what?
Lockstyle is something SE put into the game years ago that enables your character to not constantly blink when changing equipment (unless a weapon was changed).

What is being referenced, is if you do not have lockstyle enabled and constantly change equipment (you can do it with lockstyle on if you don't mind changing weapons), you can move through a lot of stuff. For example, next time you get bound, try it, and you'll see you actually can move a small amount. If you set up a macro to constantly change equipment, you can go a fairly good distance even while bound, so animation lock wouldn't be much of a factor either.