users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Crashing EVERY time I zone
Crashing EVERY time I zone
 Asura.Hallieweezie
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Hallieweezie 2021-01-24 15:14:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello everyone. Last night I crashed while zoning and couldn't log back in. I just get the black screen with "Downloading" until it finally times out. I tried logging in from a different device and that didn't work. My husband is deployed, so he logged me in from Afghanistan.. that DID work momentarily. (I guess it needed to be a completely different IP address.) I thought that would fix the problem, but nope. EVERY time I zone, I crash and have to be logged in from a different IP address. I have done a file check, a complete reinstall of FFXI, I have shut off addons & plugins. I even checked all of my Firewall settings, reset my modem, etc.. Any idea on what I could be missing, or what is happening? Are there any add-ons not inside the Windower console that I'm overlooking that may be the cause? HELP
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2021-01-24 15:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you also using Frontier? Since yesterday every time I zone into Bastok Markets my character gets stuck loading the zone itself.
I have to use my phone's wifi to zone instead of the one at home.
Since that was the case, I can only assume it's my router or my ISP and if I'm not the only one, it's probably the ISP.
[+]
 Asura.Hallieweezie
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Hallieweezie 2021-01-24 15:59:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Omg, yes... I have frontier. The last time I had issues randomly crashing was because of my internet. I hard reset my modem through the reset button on the back (that's what I had to do last time) but it didn't help this time.
By RadialArcana 2021-01-24 16:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have a static or dynamic IP? As in if you turn your modem and router off for 20 minutes do you get a new IP?

If not you just have to wait till the FFXI server stops doing whatever it does to lock your IP out, I believe someone said it was 12-24 hours. Alternatively a VPN I guess.