Forum » FFXI » General » AMAN Troves are spawned in KSNM30
AMAN Troves are spawned in KSNM30
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-01-17 23:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Apologies, I may have missed this if it was already found... but today I decided to record my character entering AMAN Trove in Waughroon Shrine.

For so long now, I always felt like I could see a NPC or monster of some kind in the distance for a split second, but thought it was maybe a glitch or me seeing things. So I grabbed my phone, recorded my entry and played it back frame by frame.

Turns out something is there, it's a floating Ahriman right in the center of the arena. Because it's so far away, it is impossible to make out its name clearly, but it can only be one option. Osschaart from the KSNM30 "Copycat" is the only Ahriman in this zone who comes with its own battlefield. The other one would be Seeker from mission 2-3 who shares its battle with a dragon.

KSNM30s are unrestricted and also have a 30-minute time limit. So in the other zones, it is probably the battlefields Seasons Greetings (Balga's Dais) and Double Dragonians (Horlais Peak), but because these areas spawn your character around a corner from the arena, you will never see the monsters upon entry. There's nothing else to this, I just wanted to share something which has been bugging me since AMAN Trove was implemented.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-01-18 00:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Further observations. Sometimes, but not always, you can see more than one Ahriman. The second seems to spawn after the original for a split second before the battle begins, and in different places. It's hard to get pictures of this, but I can definitely confirm this is happening.
 Bahamut.Suph
Server: Bahamut
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2021-01-18 00:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe the 2nd Ahriman spawn where the mimic would be =o

Conspiracy theory intensified!
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-01-18 01:02:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Suph said: »
Maybe the 2nd Ahriman spawn where the mimic would be =o

Conspiracy theory intensified!

I was thinking the same thing. The first time I saw it, it appeared slightly to the left (my left) of the central Ahriman, and crazily enough, that is roughly where Chest-O-Plenty spawned.

However, the next time I went in, I noticed the second Ahriman spawned on the right hand side. I opened the front left chest and it was the Mimic, so it was the exact opposite side.

I ran out of vouchers so there is no more telling what this means, but whenever I get more I will record my findings. Sometimes I don't see this second Ahriman at all.
By SimonSes 2021-01-18 02:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think mimic spawn beforehand at all. It's probably a random chance that rolls when you open the chest.
By Rips 2021-01-18 02:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I’m pretty sure we’ve collectively exhausted the tests as a community in the prior years. However, if new discoveries have been made and mass testing needs to be done, reach out to me. I have over 1,000 vouchers, not counting this months earnings worth.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2021-01-18 04:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be badass as a secret XI easter egg that the devs intended, to throw an extra mob into random sealsBC specific stuff, that if that mob is killed along with clearing the BC, threw a random trove worthy roll into the pot.
 Sylph.Herbs
Server: Sylph
user: JoeRogan
By Sylph.Herbs 2021-01-18 06:10:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The most obvious answer is it's a monster they spawn with the dungeon, that is supposed to despawn before anyone can get to it and you're possibly seeing it right as it dissapears.

Point being, if it has max aggro distance and you aggro it then it will inform the server you just did an impossible and flag your account for observation. By aggro I mean it tells the server you are there when you should not be but doesn't attack you.

FFXI has a lot of ghetto anti cheat systems like that, like the invisible npc that follows you in salvage for instance.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-01-18 06:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

You get sent the data for every monster in the zone regardless of whether it's your BC or not. Typically, it would be sent as unrendered, though using peekaboo/ASE may make it show up. All of the old-style battlefields share the same location, the server just flags what should be rendered based on the current battlefield.

If you weren't using ASE/peekaboo, they most likely have a poorly structured setup where you make it to the area and the default entity population logic shows the ahriman(or whatever was left from the last BC entrance) before they update it to be unrendered. Once you're in and they've updated it, you get another entity update which changes it back to unrendered. This is more noticable in waughroon because the battlefield is much closer than in, say, horlais peak.

This isn't an anti-cheat(I doubt the invisible NPC in salvage is either, honestly), it's just poor code at work.