Merry Xmas! Here's FFXI HD! (232,000+ Textures)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Dat Modding » Merry Xmas! Here's FFXI HD! (232,000+ Textures)
Merry Xmas! Here's FFXI HD! (232,000+ Textures)
First Page 2 3
 Ragnarok.Finea
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Finea
By Ragnarok.Finea 2020-12-25 06:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Figured it would be nice to have something to look forward to on Christmas Day! FFXI is also running it's Return campaign at the moment which means you can go explore Vana'diel in an all new upscaled mode - Venture through old towns, take on previous challenges in a new light, and just enjoy the world with new eyes!

Here's the beta version link for AshenbubsHD - Which covers the entire FFXI experience, 232,000+ Textures, 33,000+ DAT files.

MARCH 2021 UPDATE: FULL CONTENT AND DOWNLOAD IS NOW AVAILABLE ON NEXUSMODS - FOR ALL INFORMATION AND LINKS, CLICK HERE

I know a lot of streamers on Twitch have been testing my content out for me, and I'm ever so thankful for all the support I've had over the last 4-5 months working on this. You can also follow me on Twitter for more content updates and discussions.

Gameplay Videos:
YouTube Video Placeholder

Cutscene Videos:

This upscale contains:
All weapons
All armor
All NPCs
All mounts
All zones
All monsters
All spell effects
All weapon skills
All monster TP-attacks
All cutscenes
(If, however, you do find any missing, please let me know on the "Issues" tab within GitHub and I'll do my best to update files asap!)

Few random snaps: (Please open image in new tab, images are 4K - Models do appear nicer in-game, model viewer does not use FFXI settings, DGvoodoo, AA, lighting/shading, etc)
Please remember this is a beta, issues to be reported on GitHub - I don't recommend using this in end-game event content like Dyna-D where there are several dozen models and an even more effects on screen, as you may experience a memory overload in Windower and simply crash. If you do crash in any other content, please use the Logger plug-in and attach the last few lines prior to the crash onto GitHub - This may help me identify an issue with a TP-attack, or a model, or something else.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-12-25 07:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe spoiler tag the giant 4k images in this post. Since it's the first post in the thread, they will have to load every time people check this thread and not everyone has unlimited high speed data.

Nice work otherwise and thanks for the gift of what SE should have done first thing after PS2 was dropped.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Finea
By Ragnarok.Finea 2020-12-25 08:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Good idea! Thanks Aeonova! I’m not too great at using forums and such, so that recommendation really helps! Hahaha!

All done!
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-12-25 08:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Maybe spoiler tag the giant 4k images in this post. Since it's the first post in the thread, they will have to load every time people check this thread and not everyone has unlimited high speed data.

The spoiler tags don't stop the images from loading.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-12-25 08:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Really though? I guess the images are already in my cache and frick if I'm gonna clean that out unless something breaks.

It does make the post look prettier though and looks, lockstyle, and glamours are the real FFXI endgame.
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2020-12-25 11:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks for this!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sagaxi
user: xXSagaXx
By Asura.Sagaxi 2020-12-25 12:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for this! How much GB do you use on your DG Voodoo card (if my understanding is correct)?
 Ragnarok.Finea
By Ragnarok.Finea 2020-12-25 13:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi Memes - I’m not too sure what you mean, but I’ll try to answer!

I don’t have reshade running, there’s no filters, effects or any other settings changed. I am however using DGvoodoo, which is pretty standard for a game this age! But no visual changes, just allows the game to run a bit nicer speed wise.
By DaneBlood 2020-12-25 13:35:43
Link | Quote | Reply

This is flipping awesome

The texture does lookmore like oilpainting when you look close but the in game screenshoot looks amazing.

Now we just need model with more polygons :D

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Finea
By Ragnarok.Finea 2020-12-25 17:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Really not entirely sure what you’re asking Memes, apologies! But further to your question earlier, nothing at all is done by me aside updating all textures in game. No models have been updated with additional polys or swapped for any other kind. Every texture has going through an AI process of the original PS2 texture, then depending on the type of texture extra work has been done by me through photoshop to enhance what was already there in the original.

In all around 50-75 steps have been done to each texture to make the original sharper and cleaner. The only change I have made that will stand out is the change to eyes, as the original textures for eyes is around 12x7 pixels if memory serves and it did not upscale in a manner which looked presentable.

I hope this is the answer your after, apologies again if I’m misunderstanding!
By Asura.Jugsofholyness 2020-12-26 02:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Finea said: »
(If, however, you do find any missing, please let me know on the "Issues" tab within GitHub and I'll do my best to update files asap!)

I have an 8-Step re-install process for FF11

What this means for you is that I have identified the files you are missing from your Beta:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tbuu3dpc5j4pru6/For%20Ashenbub.7z?dl=0

Please note that the files linked are not the original files, they are from RadialArcana's Monsters & Trusts HD pack

To clarify: the DropBox link is not every single one of his files for that particular mod - it's the files he has, but you don't.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Finea
By Ragnarok.Finea 2020-12-27 07:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Jugs - I'll take a look at all those today, I've gone through a dozen or so now and it looks like because they're not in ModelViewer, I must have overlooked them! Not sure if they're even used, but they more than likely are!

I'll resolve and upload as I go~ Cheers again!

EDIT: Okay! So a vast majority of these files (around 90%) I don't even have, I have a fairly recent and fresh install of FFXI and fully up-to-date, which makes me think these files have since been removed and are used elsewhere. A lot are duplicate models that exist elsewhere, so maybe SE did some cleaning up one day during a patch to save installation space - Maybe during the PS2/Xbox support days, this makes a lot of sense to me.
[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-12-27 08:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting. Will take a look and see how these compare to what's already out there. I'll be redoing the Make FFXI Beautiful in 2020 video this year and will be looking into this as a possible suggested install option. Nice work.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-12-27 14:20:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks,

Honestly the game runs great/looks good. I did attempt to do Omen and got a random crash (It wasn't even the Ou farm floor either). No performance issues other than that. I'm not sure if it's the HD textures or if 60 FPS is being weird; or a combination of both.

I did hear higher FPS in this game has caused some issues/crashes.

Also I'm using DGVoodoo
 Ragnarok.Finea
By Ragnarok.Finea 2020-12-27 18:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Skarwind - Yeah, I don't fully recommend using it during group content - Chances are your session had a memory overload causing the crash, happens with lots of bodies, spells and effects going off.

If it was due to a model or texture being incorrect, you'd notice immediately as the game would crash before even doing anything. I'll use a previous experience as an example - I accidently upscaled one model more than twice, I redid it without knowing basically, and it looks fine in model viewer but FFXI can't handle it and just trying to render the model with textures that high causes an instant crash. Hopefully these instances are all now long gone though! If Ou was an issue, as an example, you'd crash during the zone to him when he would render for you. Still, sorry you experienced a crash! I'm hearing that Ashita can handle memory issues better than windower - I'm yet to test that theory though!
 Asura.Carissmera
By Asura.Carissmera 2020-12-27 19:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

While the entire world does look super slick now, I'm unfortunately experiencing the random crashes as well. Mostly during party content and Geas Fete where there are several bodies/spells/effects/etc going off. I might try Ashita, but is there any other way around this?
 Bahamut.Shozokui
Server: Bahamut
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2020-12-27 23:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

This is really cool. Great work.
 Ragnarok.Finea
By Ragnarok.Finea 2020-12-28 08:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Carissmera said: »
While the entire world does look super slick now, I'm unfortunately experiencing the random crashes as well. Mostly during party content and Geas Fete where there are several bodies/spells/effects/etc going off. I might try Ashita, but is there any other way around this?

Hey Carissmera!

At times during large group content I'd recommend switching it off via XIPivot (either just by unloading XIpivot entirely or via the remove command) - I'm yet to give Ashita a whirl, I've been busy with other things at the moment, but I've been told it does help - I'd like to experience it for myself before confirming though!
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2020-12-28 10:40:46
Link | Quote | Reply

4/4 for omen card run crashes last night. I play with effects off entirely if that matters

Edit: all crashes on the third floor. Not all at the same mob groups each time though

Also crashed a few times farming tumult curator (only on last phase after starting to fight) with an older incomplete version of your pack from a month ago
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-12-28 11:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The only people i know that have had issues with these are the ones that run at 60FPS vs. 30FPS. I run at 30FPS and have had zero issues on all content.
 Ragnarok.Finea
By Ragnarok.Finea 2020-12-28 13:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
The only people i know that have had issues with these are the ones that run at 60FPS vs. 30FPS. I run at 30FPS and have had zero issues on all content.

Interesting! So instead of unloading maybe just switch to 30fps mode for group content? To be honest, I never see close to 60fps during group content and I have binds for 30/60fps so a tap of a button resolving that issue would be ideal! I’ll give this some testing later on~
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2020-12-28 13:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

i've had a few crashes since using this, but not enough to reliably pinpoint it as the only cause. my laptop isn't the most advanced thing by far haha.
 Phoenix.Gennss
user: gennss
By Phoenix.Gennss 2020-12-28 15:46:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting. It makes it look HD without changing the style of the original. A different approach than some of the other packs i've seen.

Fenrir mount looks super weird and has pixeled glow.

No other issues thus far.
By zigzagzig 2020-12-28 16:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

thx for the effort , but citys skins isn't HD at all ....... did you check it really ?
 Ragnarok.Finea
By Ragnarok.Finea 2020-12-28 17:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gennss said: »
Interesting. It makes it look HD without changing the style of the original. A different approach than some of the other packs i've seen.

Hey Gennss~

Could you post a screenshot of your Fenrir Mount so I could understand what you're seeing?

Just ran out to Ronfaure to take a look myself~

zigzagzig said: »
thx for the effort , but citys skins isn't HD at all ....... did you check it really ?

Hey Zigzagzig.

Looks like you might be having some issues getting the install correct, is anything in HD? Do you have any other mods changing DAT files running already? Please take a look and let me know if you need more help.
 Asura.Nalfey
user: Nalf
By Asura.Nalfey 2020-12-28 18:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks a lot for these HD textures Fin they look great !
One quick question, is there a separate DAT file for the textures of the eyes for all the characters ?
I would like to revert back to the default eyes but keep all the rest if possible, I'm not a huge fan of the very bright sparkly eyes you've added.
 Phoenix.Gennss
user: gennss
By Phoenix.Gennss 2020-12-28 21:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Finea said: »
Phoenix.Gennss said: »

Hey Gennss~

Could you post a screenshot of your Fenrir Mount so I could understand what you're seeing?

Just ran out to Ronfaure to take a look myself~

zigzagzig said: »

Hey Zigzagzig.

Looks like you might be having some issues getting the install correct, is anything in HD? Do you have any other mods changing DAT files running already? Please take a look and let me know if you need more help.

See tail looks like a saw.
First Page 2 3