Cleaving For CP On SMN?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Cleaving for CP on SMN?
Cleaving for CP on SMN?
 Bahamut.Sobius
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Sobius
By Bahamut.Sobius 2020-12-20 19:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

As the title suggests, is this possible/practical?

And how/where would one do this? I would presume Thunderspark?

Thanks in advance!
[+]
 Asura.Zidaner
Server: Asura
user: Xavierr
By Asura.Zidaner 2020-12-20 19:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to do this in Escha Zitah @ #2 with puks/dragons. It's not the best CP but if you bored enough to solo on SMN it works well. Idle in full master PDT set and pull everything you can then spark. After you spark change to pet DT/Regen set and spark again if needed.
By Jetackuu 2020-12-20 20:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean if you utterly hate yourself, perhaps.
By Shichishito 2020-12-20 23:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN is squishy, you'll have a harder time to pull as many mobs in one pull than on other AoE jobs and i could be wrong but iirc last i tried my thundersparks couldn't oneshot escha #2 mobs, at least not without support.
however if you survive the pull and get thunderspark off stun/paralyze should keep ramuh alive long enough to get the second thunderspark off.

tldr. can probably be done but will not be efficient.
 Asura.Jdove
Server: Asura
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2020-12-21 00:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
SMN is squishy, you'll have a harder time to pull as many mobs in one pull than on other AoE jobs and i could be wrong but iirc last i tried my thundersparks couldn't oneshot escha #2 mobs, at least not without support.
however if you survive the pull and get thunderspark off stun/paralyze should keep ramuh alive long enough to get the second thunderspark off.
With a good self DT set (it's possible to cap DT without using any armor slots at all) and stoneskin and phalanx you can pull every mob at #2 just as well as any other job you just need gear to do it just like those other jobs, if you have a good pet mab set you can 1 shot all the mobs at #2. I usually pull with out a pet and once i have a huge train I summon ramuh and thunderspark. Bayaami robe is essential so you don't get interrupted when casting ramuh, also if you get Hippomenes socks, they have latent effect flee (Getting hit activates it they are from immanobugard unm). Pull with diaga but the cp at #2 sucks so idk if its even worth it honestly, I usually just do that for merits but on my server you can't do it at #2 anyways beacuse of all the bst bots. Also if they dont die in 1 blood pact just use shocksquall it should stun em all until your rage is back up. P.S don't forget a mollifier
 Bahamut.Sobius
Server: Bahamut
user: Sobius
By Bahamut.Sobius 2020-12-21 05:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Appreciate the honest responses - I will likely group up with my LS members, or just do some solo.

On that note, and while I am still here, any suggestions for SMN solo'ing with trusts? I've played around with Apex Bats, but nothing too serious.

Again, appreciate the responses.
By Pantafernando 2020-12-21 06:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Anything that you can close with flaming crush for skillchain light gonna take a huge amount of dmg.
 Fenrir.Zenion
Server: Fenrir
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2020-12-21 09:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Noillurie. She’ll occasionally get fancy and try to do a seka double light, but most of the time she spams tachi: kaiten instead.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [715 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Tahngarthor
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Tahngarthor 2022-12-06 12:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah necrobump but when Matsui-P is available he opens for me to make darkness with Gate of Tartarus every time and I can use shiva, titan, leviathan or diablos/fenrir to MB it (2x with apogee). If cleaving for EP wasn't a thing it would be pretty decent lol.