Improve Ffxiah Point System To Infer Missions?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Improve ffxiah point system to infer missions?
Improve ffxiah point system to infer missions?
 Asura.Slacks
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: bignig
By Asura.Slacks 2021-08-24 05:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Codegen said: »
Any chance of this below from 9 months ago still happening at some point? It still seems just as useful.
Rooks said: »
no chance of overloading resources as it's at most a once per char computation
This is why I say:

Rooks said: »
specifically only calculating for achievements you don't currently have, e.g., once I flag you as having completed CoP, I never have to check for a Rajas Ring again

Right, and I understand you already coded part of your approach, I was just suggesting an even easier intermediate option if that was easier to finish and run safely.
It would be a one-off job that you'd run just once, to handle most people with blank mission data. It wouldn't need an id for each unique mission yet, because you know you are picking all users that have completely blank missions and are running it once.

Pseudo code would look something like:
for all users, once:
-check if ALL missions are blank. if not, skip to next user
-fill mission data:
--if rajas or title: cop=end
--if moonshade or title: wotg=end
--etc

After that runs, you'd have solved most of the problem as lots of users will now have ranking.

Then you can focus on the harder task of the hourly update with checking of unique ids per mission etc, which is important but less urgent and more like the last 10% that takes 90% of the work.
Also side note, the guildwork flush seems to have stopped working sometimes on August 10, the plugin still responds to commands like help, but flush does nothing, not even the message "flushing" shows up anymore, an no data has been updated at least on my account, not sure if it's just me or everyone else.
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/56171/guildwork-no-longer-has-charcter-linked/#3591060