Forum » FFXI » General » FFXI Confessions
FFXI Confessions
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2020-09-30 08:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

in 2005 i was pulled to jail for rmt services. i was shouting my proboards url for my linkshell in jueno.

i told him i was 14 and couldnt afford a website. i had no idea that there was "buy ffxi gil ads" on my forum. it was a free service that used ads that i had no control over. i was just trying to recruit players to my linkshell. i told him i was sorry and that i wouldnt do it again. but i love my character and i would never do rmt stuff. i was just young and poor." he said he was sending back to jueno. he was lifting my jail time, however it will still be on my record.

i said ty and freaked out in my linskhell.

and yes it has always been against T.O.S to shout urls.
By Jetackuu 2020-09-30 10:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Feary said: »
and yes it has always been against T.O.S to shout urls.
Citation needed
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-09-30 10:22:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't that the reason the RMT shoutbots don't actually type out their website? I do remember something about that from a few years ago or some ***.
[+]
 Fenrir.Turtle
Server: Fenrir
user: Genbu
By Fenrir.Turtle 2020-09-30 10:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really a confession, more of a bad decision that has always cast a shadow. Back in 75 era, I was headed to fafhogg camp for my daily routine of 3hrs afk on whm since everyone else with a noble's and healing staff was apparently asleep. I passed a group that had died to steelshells and when they saw the noble's I was spammed with /t's. Told them 100k for raises. Sparked one of the greatest flame wars to ever hit Fenrir message boards on allakhazam and killingifrit ever...

Long story short, Abbadonx will always be a tool on my blacklist and now I just ignore all /tells
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-09-30 10:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

The reason urls get you in trouble is because back in the day people posted links to websites that installed trojans to steal peoples accounts.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-09-30 12:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm reeling in disillusionment...

The community that I thought I was a part of is a wretched hive of scum and villainy!!
[+]
 Bahamut.Aquatic
Server: Bahamut
user: hydro
By Bahamut.Aquatic 2020-09-30 12:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I was 16 back in 2005 when I started this game. I joined my 1st Valkrum Dunes level 10-ish PT and didn't know much about pulling/hate control/party dynamic etc.... I went on to pull and managed to get like 3 monsters chasing me, The tank voked one off me, a DD stated attacking another one, and the WHM cured me so all 3 mobs were attacking different party members. I panicked, dropped PT, and ran for the zone.

I still feel bad...
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2020-09-30 12:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to run an HNMLS linkshell in 2003-2004. We did mostly Sky, Dynamis, and we dabbled in Sea for a bit before the shell broke. When the shell broke, one of our tanks said they were considering joining another linkshell which was notorious for botting. I said a cruel thing along the lines of "well maybe you didn't belong with us to begin with." I regret it. I was young and frustrated. Sorry Dazed.
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-09-30 12:26:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to pull the Kraken to the Delkfutt's Tower camps, but I dont feel bad about it. Was hilarious.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2020-09-30 13:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »
I used to pull the Kraken to the Delkfutt's Tower camps, but I dont feel bad about it. Was hilarious.
I've Spike Flail'd Fafhogg at least 20+ times before I understood that Fafnir kills your alliance. That very day I was banned from coming PLD to Fafhogg and Aspi (breath AOE MPK).

***was funny.
[+]
By ashcrow 2020-09-30 14:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Bahamut.Negan said: »
I've Spike Flail'd Fafhogg at least 20+ times before I understood that Fafnir kills your alliance. That very day I was banned from coming PLD to Fafhogg and Aspi (breath AOE MPK).

***was funny.
i did something simmilar on my first fafnir run i chi blast'd a fly during the fight and linked all the flys lol,
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2020-09-30 15:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to Dia on Ullikummi of another LS after they stole our 1st pop and had the balls to stick around to pop theirs. I claimed it after it killed their pld and became unclaimed. It started to attack their blms, whms and followed by plds who cured their mages.

I watched them screaming "call for help" for a while before, dying, wiping and warping out.

Also, probably contribute to the glorious days of crawler's nest wiping multiple parties.
[+]
 Asura.Xalyia
Server: Asura
user: Sogoro
By Asura.Xalyia 2020-09-30 17:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Did anyone else ever convince someone that Bubbly Bernie was an HNM and watch them kill it in 1 hit? good times
 Sylph.Snk
Server: Sylph
user: SNK
By Sylph.Snk 2020-10-04 16:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Being told to CFH Nidhogg by one of my linkshell leaders since I was one of the last ones alive on a wipe.

The profanity tells were *** hilarious.
By Mattelot 2020-10-05 08:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Snk said: »
Being told to CFH Nidhogg by one of my linkshell leaders since I was one of the last ones alive on a wipe.

The profanity tells were *** hilarious.

Back in the day, I never understood why some LS leaders demanded people "CFH" on NMs like that. That was such bad sportsmanship and tact.

We really really wanted to kill that NM because we really really wanted that m.body or e.body and even though we clearly knew we didn't bring enough people (or correct jobs), we still pulled it anyway.

The shitty-*** things many of us did makes me shake my head today. Though they make some of the most entertaining stories, it's just sad to think how many of us acted at the time... and we were even "adults".
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-10-05 09:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Mattelot said: »
The shitty-*** things many of us did makes me shake my head today. Though they make some of the most entertaining stories, it's just sad to think how many of us acted at the time... and we were even "adults".
You know what is the really sad part of it all?

We haven't improved as a society since those days. Not talking about the FFXI community, I'm talking about general society as a whole.
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-10-05 10:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, the gaming world is still very dog-eat-dog. I'm sure if many could still be just as shitty, they would.

It's the reason I don't get on voice chat with randoms anymore. Nothing like hearing people call others derogatory words for gay people for doing nothing more than playing the game as intended.
[+]