Lots Of Bugs Since Update???

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Lots of bugs since update???
Lots of bugs since update???
 Sylph.Blackmass
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Blackmass 2020-09-18 13:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I was having issues as stated above (last letter in my name dropping out, stuff not showing in bazaar or inventory, 0 gil) turning DressUp off seemed to stop the letter dropping off and gil came back on log out/on).
 Sylph.Herbs
Server: Sylph
user: JoeRogan
By Sylph.Herbs 2020-09-18 14:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't get rewards from unity, tried search and didn't come up.

Zones and they were all there.

This happened on one character and not the other, was a dual box with everything the same in terms of windower etc.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-09-18 15:04:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I have always feared these kinds of things happening to the spaghetti code of the game by them mucking around with it every month. Ever since Ambuscade and them pushing monthly updates (versus before Ambuscade when updates were not nearly as frequent), they seem to always find a way to mess something up. Often, it's simple, but annoying; like when the monthly RoE battlefield is entirely wrong (which has happened at least 3 times and probably more).

I wish they would just not reset ambuscade and let us stack points and pick the battles we wanted. Want orcs today? You got it! Is your job good at porxies but not others? Have some porxies. Much like battlefield Orbs (Beastmen, Kindred, etc).

...but the FOMO with daily/monthly logins is just something online games feel they have to do. Oh well. Such is life. Not like I have to do Ambuscade ever. The "changing out ambuscade and monthly RoE" is a really fake way to make it seem like they are regularly adding content (of course before they actually did start adding a new storyline).
By Haziko 2020-09-18 15:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I logged in today to all of my characters displaying "0 gil."

Spent the entire day contemplating unsubscribing because I thought someone had hacked me. So... fun times. Still having the issue across the board.

Also having issues where purchases from people's bazaars are not immediately disappearing and remain listed unless I leave and re-enter the bazaar.
 Asura.Verbannt
user: Akton
By Asura.Verbannt 2020-09-18 15:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got back to back hidden menu bugs, once trying to enter Escha Ru'Aun. Once again in accepting domain invasion, got stuck after accepting the ES but got stuck when I was supposed to be warped.

stuck twice within 5 Min ....

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-09-18 16:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda seeing a common denominator of everyone with the issue using DressUp??? Anyone NOT using DressUp that is having issues?

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-09-18 17:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

endxen said: »
Mine was with battlemod

Whats the best way to manually update?

Unload addon > delete folder > restart a windower instance?

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Artoriusrex
Guildwork Premium
user: yangjie
By Asura.Artoriusrex 2020-09-18 17:37:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Botosi said: »
Kinda seeing a common denominator of everyone with the issue using DressUp??? Anyone NOT using DressUp that is having issues?

dont use dressup but having massive issues with guildwork client crashing the game and messing up shouts
 Asura.Saphyne
user: saphy
By Asura.Saphyne 2020-09-18 17:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

what is the best way to manually update addons?
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-09-18 18:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Just reverted an update to a library file that dressup and other things use. Once you grab it(load the launcher), you can unload then reload dressup, and zone for somethings and you should be good to go. This revert does break translate again though but will be looked into more tomorrow.
[+]
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2020-09-18 18:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
Just reverted an update to a library file that dressup and other things use. Once you grab it(load the launcher), you can unload then reload dressup, and zone for somethings and you should be good to go. This revert does break translate again though but will be looked into more tomorrow.

Thanks amazing work as always!
 Shiva.Osborn
Server: Shiva
user: Osborn
By Shiva.Osborn 2020-09-19 19:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Just had one of my characters get stuck in Ambu after it was completed.

Everyone else got hallmarks and exited like normal, the other character just stayed in. Could not cast warp or change my gear to use warp ring.

I terminated the window, logged back in and it warped me out like normal.

Also have gotten stuck at various homepoints right after warping to them.
By Shichishito 2020-09-19 22:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

are ppl running in those issues all multiboxers or are single boxers effected, too?
By stuoobey 2020-09-20 02:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Went into Einherjar, killed the first wave, then no second wave popped, no boss, just a big empty toom, anyone seen this before?

Just me here, no other characters
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-09-20 13:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Years ago when it was new-ish content. Something didn't pop for us, but I don't remember if it was the wave 2 spawns or the boss.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-09-20 16:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
are ppl running in those issues all multiboxers or are single boxers effected, too?

Single character here with the stuck homepoint thing happen multiple times.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-09-20 22:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

since coomon denominator seems to be dressup, do ppl with issues use dressup to change character model or only for the no blinking feature?