New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » If you use a DPS meter don't post the logs
If you use a DPS meter don't post the logs
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
By Aquatiq 2020-09-11 17:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

sometimes posting the parse is literally just posting the parse, not a shot at anyone. we really worrying about how people will react? like we're gonna just accept that it's okay to be offended by a parse so you shouldn't do it at all? the same logic would suggest that women shouldn't do xyz because that might get them raped
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2020-09-11 18:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Aquatiq said: »
sometimes posting the parse is literally just posting the parse, not a shot at anyone. we really worrying about how people will react? like we're gonna just accept that it's okay to be offended by a parse so you shouldn't do it at all? the same logic would suggest that women shouldn't do xyz because that might get them raped

Comparing this to women encouraging rape is quite the leap. No one is exaggerating this. It's all about manners. Some may not care, but others might care and feel like it was posted to imply they aren't good enough. It can be seen as a passive aggressive way of telling others they are no good, while stroking your own ego, even if it was not intended.

I don't care if someone posts a parse during my events. But if some random in an Ambuscade PUG starts getting their *** out, I'm going to say something. Put it away man... no one wants to see that.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-09-11 18:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
oh this friday has potential....

toldya
[+]
By Aquatiq 2020-09-11 18:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

not a comparison, guess i should've expected someone to say that; the logic is that the onus is on the initial actor to not take their action for fear of what an unreasonable reaction might be. the whole *** entire problem is the unreasonable reaction. that's it.

if they "get their *** out" by saying 'yall suck' or something then absolutely 100% agree. but just posting a parse that they are at the top of, and then saying nothing else, isn't that, and socially-challenged ffxi'ers might struggle with that, but that doesn't mean don't post the parse.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2020-09-11 18:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Aquatiq said: »
not a comparison, guess i should've expected someone to say that; the logic is that the onus is on the initial actor to not take their action for fear of what an unreasonable reaction might be. the whole *** entire problem is the unreasonable reaction. that's it.

Well there should be no fear over this. People have the right to say what they like within reason. If you do care for how others feel, you may think about asking the group before you post it. For those who don't care how others feel, they will post it anyway and blame the person who overreacted. That's just how it is. If I'm super low on a parse, it's probably because I had no idea I was being parsed (distracted/died/watching TV etc) to begin with. That has happened to me before... and I'm like, well why didn't you tell me this was a *** swinging competition?? This game isn't about beating others, it's about teamwork, so many players don't approach it that way til they know it is a competition.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-09-11 18:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

People are getting their panties in a twist over facts? Go figure...
[+]
 Carbuncle.Razziel
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Razziel 2020-09-11 18:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

"Facts don't care about your feelings."

Some Trumpian a** logic there. It's just bad manners. That's all anyone is really saying. You that guy that doesn't give an F about others, you do you lone wolf.
[+]
 Bahamut.Svedin
Server: Bahamut
user: Svedin
By Bahamut.Svedin 2020-09-11 19:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
For those who don't care how others feel, they will post it anyway and blame the person who overreacted.

I think that's pushing it.
We're all adults here, if I put a parse in the party it's not because I don't care about your feelings, it's because I don't think you're so incredibly sensitive that you'd be upset you're not topping the list in the most imbalanced game on the market.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-09-11 19:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh jesus christ, it's not hard to not be rude. that is the pooint that is being made.

This whole backlash about participation trophies in the form that you get to act even more like a rude *** is the real root of the problem we are now discussing.

You're a winner on the internet, don't be a complete *** about it with your co-players..... that is the point.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-09-11 21:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

posting a parse isn't rude, wtf is going on here?
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-09-11 21:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Razziel said: »
Some Trumpian a** logic there

Make Parsing great again
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-09-11 22:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

you don't need a parser to tell if someone is blatanly underperforming and the parser will not save you the hustle of paying attention in order to find out why the person is underperforming cause parse data is only a part of the full picture.

ppl who try and still parse a bit lower than the rest don't need to know the numbers either if they didn't explicitly ask for them, unless discouraging ppl who make a effort is your thing.

for the ppl who like to pretend they doing the world a favor by posting uncalled for parse data in pug pt chat; afaik parser is free, if someone wants the data nothing stops them to parse themselfs.

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
especially when I have a child now~
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-09-11 23:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
posting a parse isn't rude, wtf is going on here?
Guns don't kill ppl. PARSES kill ppl!

CANCEL PARSING!
[+]
By burbs 2020-09-12 00:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

if another dd is close to your dps you post the parse, if not don't. if they are close it means they care, if they aren't close they are the other type. This is basic mmo stuff.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-09-12 03:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Saed1001 said: »
I dont care about any of your feelings.
Fifis were hurt?
Color me shocked.
Parse helps refine.

The problem here is this, if you don't care about them then why should they care about you? and then report you to a GM, heck 2-3 might report you for it at once.

90% of the cause of getting banned on FFXI is you saying stuff that gets you banned in the logs, the detection systems aren't all that great. Big mouth is the primary cause of death of an MMO players character.

To use a RL analogy, if you're doing drugs with your friends or like minded people you're going to have a fun time. If you goto the supermarket and start doing drugs in the dairy isle you're probably not going to have a nice evening. aka, don't post them in random pugs.
 Asura.Trumpet
Server: Asura
user: Trumpet
By Asura.Trumpet 2020-09-12 03:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Parse is amazing for knowing things like acc in real time to adjust sets/buffs, or knowing if your VD is losing bc your DDs are weaker than your bard. It's a great learning tool to see when diff weapon setups are working better on jobs like war, cor etc too, esp in ambu where you get good repeat data to compare against. Extremely nice for niche uses too like "Exactly how much HP does an 11 man Albumen have" that lets you plan future clears easier. If I'm not DD'ing though, I'll usually hide it and only even glance at it if something about the group isn't smelling right.

I can't imagine ever posting it or even mentioning it to ppl outside friends & LS tho, that's bananas.
[+]
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2020-09-12 03:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

we need a training dummy to parse against, with that result being the new standard for pug recruitment instead of generic "veteran REMA15"
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Server: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2020-09-12 03:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kusare said: »
we need a training dummy to parse against, with that result being the new standard for pug recruitment instead of generic "veteran REMA15"

Excellent plan, the REMA minimum requirements will be a part of the initial screening process cutoff, and follow-up we can then use the parse data to validate candidates’ performance. From then we can compile a list of all bottom-parse candidates in order to never contact them again. *** losers lol
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2020-09-12 03:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

When you feel you need some attention: Dont post the parse, just post on FFXIAH.

(We all know most DD's stink without the proper buffs anyways)

(Is there a thing like a cure parse? I would love that)
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2020-09-12 04:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah, it's a manners thing.

If I go out on a date and I tell her, "you ate a lot of food tonight", that's extremely rude even if it's true. I could say something like, "I'm not trying to insult you, it's just a fact!"

That was never the issue. The issue is that these candid observations can make people self-conscious and insecure, ESPECIALLY if it comes out of nowhere. "He was paying attention to how much I ate this WHOLE TIME and I didn't even notice? Why is he doing that, is it THAT noticeable??? Does he think I'm fat???"

Unless it like, ACTUALLY MATTERS, or if someone directly asks for it, don't paste your parse logs in chat. This should be easy.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-09-12 06:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »

If I go out on a date and I tell her, "you ate a lot of food tonight", that's extremely rude even if it's true. I could say something like, "I'm not trying to insult you, it's just a fact!"

That was never the issue. The issue is that these candid observations can make people self-conscious and insecure, ESPECIALLY if it comes out of nowhere. "He was paying attention to how much I ate this WHOLE TIME and I didn't even notice? Why is he doing that, is it THAT noticeable??? Does he think I'm fat???"

Unless it like, ACTUALLY MATTERS, or if someone directly asks for it, don't paste your parse logs in chat. This should be easy.

No, you just hang out with insecure people and conform to weird social norms coddling such unhealthy behavior. It isn't rude, morons claim it is.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-09-12 06:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vienner said: »
When you feel you need some attention: Dont post the parse, just post on FFXIAH.

(We all know most DD's stink without the proper buffs anyways)

(Is there a thing like a cure parse? I would love that)

I have been told there is a way, have yet to confirm. Would love to see some stats that I'm sure aren't possible with the client though.
By RadialArcana 2020-09-12 06:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »

No, you just hang out with insecure people and conform to weird social norms coddling such unhealthy behavior. It isn't rude, morons claim it is.

You get angry anytime someone posts something you don't like in a "random thoughts" thread, yet you think people who don't like parse posting in random pug parties should be ignored.

???
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2020-09-12 07:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Dabackpack said it best. There's too much emphasis on panty twisting and rage quitting. No one's spitting their dummy out if they lose a parse, I don't think anyone implied that? It's a matter of etiquette, as stated in the OP.

I don't go out of my way to post parses (I keep em to myself). Even without numbers, it's easy to tell if someone is lazy/distracted/sleepy or their setup isn't working. At that point, if I'm leading, I'll send them a tell and ask what's happening. If not, then I'll ask the leader; but only if it's so bad it is costing us heaps of time.

I like the idea of posting accuracy values the most, for the buffers. But I get the impression that some are doing this mainly in ambu pugs? OK, so I get that time is money, but there is a broad range of players doing this content. There will always be a gap because of the job imbalance, natural reaction speeds (I play with an older guy who isn't quick but does his best), and gaps in gear. If it's that bad and you don't want to help, leave in a good way?

Sometimes it doesn't matter how much you help someone though. They will do their best but never parse as high unless you screw up. The only thing that matters to me is they tried. I've known players who were so bad they were either afk 90% of the time, or were outright dangerous.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-09-12 07:17:54
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
You get angry anytime someone posts something you don't like in a "random thoughts" thread, yet you think people who don't like parse posting in random pug parties should be ignored.

???
I don't get angry. I get annoyed when morons post P&R ***in RT. It's a rule for a reason, grow up.

Edit: The attempt at somewhat of a personal attack in that is laughable at best dude, try harder.
 Asura.Xalyia
user: Sogoro
By Asura.Xalyia 2020-09-12 07:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

How about simply asking the group if they'd like to see the parse logs? Yeah, good. Nay, don't and carry on.

Posting a parse without adding some sort of commentary is meaningless. Or rather along with the parse, did you notice as to why someone was parsing lower? If so then give feedback. Dialogue.

空気を読む
By RadialArcana 2020-09-12 08:00:00
Link | Quote | Reply

???
I don't get angry. I get annoyed when morons post P&R ***in RT. It's a rule for a reason, grow up.

Edit: The attempt at somewhat of a personal attack in that is laughable at best dude, try harder.

It's against the rules to use 3rd party tools in FFXI yo.

Personal attack? Calm down, nobody wants to hurt you. Just pointing something out DOOD!
By Jetackuu 2020-09-12 08:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

???

It's against the rules to use 3rd party tools in FFXI yo.

Personal attack? Calm down, nobody wants to hurt you. Just pointing something out DOOD!

Not the site's rules, technically using this site is against the game's ToS.

Yeah, personal attack, apparently you need an English lesson. Pathetic attempt though, and you're not worth the time, bye.

Edit: Already blocked you, don't PM me.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9