Forum » FFXI » General » Orbs from Deeds
Orbs from Deeds
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2020-09-09 15:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi folks, just wondering what people do with the orbs you are regularly given from deeds. Throw 'em? Do easy battlefields? Keep them because they are shiny?

I'm going to look through these fights and let you know what I can see. Posting this in case anyone else was wondering what to do with them.

Deeds Orbs

Themis -- Unless you want the chance of a Speed Belt for some reason (from Early Bird Catches the Wyrm)? Horns of War can drop a Beastly Shank. Low chance Behemoth will drop a Savory Shank to either sell or get an even lower chance at Defending Ring.

Phobos -- This one is not as easy to decide. Probably best to save it til there is an "Additional Seal Battlefield Spoils Campaign". You will get different varieties of Frayed Sacks on top of what you get. Promy battles are not affected by the campaign, so be aware of that.

However, if you want to try a Promy fight, you might want to try the Spire Of Mea battle Empty Desires. It drops Casso Sash, which is best in slot for Dark Knight's Endark set. May also find use in other dark magic spell sets, depending on job and what gears you have.

Deimos -- One of the worst. There's no interesting gears, and even during a campaign you'll only find old Abjurations no one uses anymore. You will get a minimum 30k for completing one, but that's about it.

Zelos -- Better, but you only have two choices. One is Antagonistic Ambuscade (nothing to do with actual ambuscade), which can drop Bishop's Sash. The other is Taurassic Park, featuring the Olympus Sash.

Bishop's is a good healing piece, but can sometimes be outdone by Luminary. Olympus is best in slot for Temper/Enspell casting on RDM and RUN. Olympus sells better, if you just want the gil. If doing this during a campaign? Ambuscade drops Kupon AW-Pan and Kupon AW-Abs for Pandemonium Warden and Absolute Virtue gears; if you're feeling nostalgic. Otherwise, the other drops T3 Skirmish segments.

Bia -- There is only one real choice here. The Mobline Comedy can drop Earthcry Earring, which is unique in the fact it enhances Stoneskin (surprised it doesn't sell higher). If you're after gil? Absolutely wait til the campaign is on, because it will commonly drop Relic/Mythic/Empyrean Currency singles and 100s/Pouches rarely.

Microcosmic -- These will come in handy to anyone who has recently returned and want some REMs 1-5 chapters. This orb is affected by a Microcosmic Orb campaign, so you're probably best off waiting for that.

If you like equipment? I can only recommend Steamed Sprouts II for the Kasiri Belt (Enmity on Rune Fencer) and Dawn Earring (idle Regen). Otherwise, get a group together and do a few of these together?

Macrocosmic -- You might not want to solo these unless you have a reliable way to sleep. Also again, only use them during a campaign for all the extra goodies. I tend to do Kindred Spirits (it can drop Vagary items) on DRK, but there are other choices if you're after something specific. Demolition Squad II can drop the more expensive upgrade materials from Delve.

Also, you won't get anything extra for doing this on Very Difficult, so stick to Difficult and you'll get the same drops with less of a headache. This is the BEST way to get tons of REMs 1-5... I've got that many I don't know what to do with them.

Mars/Venus -- Go to any arena that does AMAN Trove. Open chests... or not? You can go for the gold chest right away. It's really up to you. This is pure lottery and you might as well use them up. Or sell them? Some do that also.

And that concludes the options given to us via free Deeds Orbs. Please let me know if anything is missing and I shall add. Cheers.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-09-09 15:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

simply don't pick them up until you need them. i think some of the orbs are for REM tale chapters 1-5 so they might become handy when you pick up a new job.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-09 15:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

So far I've simply not collected them. You can just leave them there.

Burn Themes if you want Ridill/Dring pops
Save phobos for campaign if you want an empyrean set
Deimos is junk no matter what?
Zelos has an olympus Sash (and "good" stuff during campaign)
Bia really just campaign
Microscopic has Kasiri (a mil and "rare" enmity belt)
Macro is REMs and reforge stuff
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2020-09-09 15:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
simply don't pick them up until you need them. i think some of the orbs are for REM tale chapters 1-5 so they might become handy when you pick up a new job.

Unluckily for me, I already picked a ton of them up. Would be nice to make use of them anyways, right? In case anyone returning to the game want to try their luck at something easy, I'm beginning to compile the list above.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2020-09-09 16:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

This concludes the options given to us through free Deeds Orbs. Please let me know if anything is missing and I shall add. Thanks.