users online
Forum » FFXI » Odyssey » Odyssey equipment
Odyssey equipment
 Bahamut.Blze
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Blze 2020-09-08 14:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Last set of augmented is on way yet I'm not really impressed with the remaining gear. Yet the cor gun looks like only piece that sparks interest so far, but this is prejudging before the update hits. The accessories might be the go to hear for this one unless they +2 all the unity gear.any pieces y'all are looking at?
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-08 14:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The whole last set is basically all weapons, and the tatenashi set

Only really have Loricate to look forward to. (and motante) But they could throw anything, on anything. Junk Dominance earring could get wsd +10.

What I want to see is what the hell they mean by new reforged items from unity. (and will they be added retroactively to scales/hides)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-08 14:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
What I want to see is what the hell they mean by new reforged items from unity.

Where do they say this?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-08 14:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/57223

Quote:
September Wanted Battles ・Add equipment items that can be reforged

The previous update said:
Quote:
March Wanted Battles ・ Add equipment upgrades
July Wanted Battles ・Add to list of upgradeable equipment items

So.... it's "new" stuff... I think
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-09-08 14:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

forfend, montante, loricate torque all are of high interest to me.

The shield mostly because there are so many different directions they could go with it.
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
Server: Bahamut
user: Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2020-09-08 14:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Flyssa +1 has potential for pld and so does Loess Barbuta +1 due to enmity and dt already on it. Tanmogayi +1 could be a decent offhand choice for Blu as well. The body from TC already has 35 acc and atk and a decent amount of stp.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-08 14:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/57223

Quote:
September Wanted Battles ・Add equipment items that can be reforged

The previous update said:
Quote:
July Wanted Battles ・Add to list of upgradeable equipment items

So.... it's "new" stuff... I think

This might just mean "Add to list [from the Unity NPC] of upgradeable equipment items". They specifically say in the notes "this brings to a close the unity upgrades", which would indicate it's just the 135 gear that is left. They list it that way probably because they treat the Unity NPC like a "list", so they add to him what items he can upgrade from Unity. They don't always word it the same way every time. I didn't see it that way.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-08 15:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Augmenting(upgrading) isn't reforging

This is why I want to see what it is, surprised no one else brought it up, assuming they just assumed it meant "not reforging"
By SimonSes 2020-09-08 15:02:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Blze said: »
Last set of augmented is on way yet I'm not really impressed with the remaining gear. Yet the cor gun looks like only piece that sparks interest so far, but this is prejudging before the update hits. The accessories might be the go to hear for this one unless they +2 all the unity gear.any pieces y'all are looking at?

Really? XD

There is tons of gear with potential.

Weapons
All 1h weapons has potential for at least sub hand weapons for dual wield, because they can literally drop anything on them.
On top of that:
- Montante - Already good for WAR Reso, so can only be better
- Comeuppances - No idea what they can do here, but its from Tumult, so I wouldnt be surprised if that become OP, even getting close to R15 REMA
- Nullis - I expect this will get something that will make it bis for some midcast
- Contemplator - Same as H2H
- Septoptic - I wouldnt be surprised if that get some bonus to bar spells and become ilvl Beneficus
- Antitail - no idea what they can do here
- Forfend - I expect this to get some offensive stats, maybe even Fencer +2 and become new best offensive option for BST

Armor:
- Loess Barbuta - this obviously has massive potential for at least midcast enmity
- Tatenashi set - especially body ofc, because its from Tumult, so it will be the most justified to make it OP
- Dominance Earring - I can bet this will become bis for at least few WSs
- Loricate Torque - this is kinda obvious too. Already very good, can only be better
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-08 15:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

They have used the terms interchangeably in the past. This was from January, and there's a whole thread of us talking about it being "reforged" gear.

Quote:
New Year's Wishes (01/01/2020)
Happy New Year, adventurers!

You may recall that last year I declared our intent to bring FINAL FANTASY XI's safely to its 20th anniversary together with all of you. Toward that end, we drafted version update plans under the theme of "revisiting common wisdom with a fresh look," and celebrated many success stories—revamping the installer program, refurbishing our promotional site, and otherwise working on various tasks that made it easier for returning adventurers to come back and for new players to start playing with minimal fuss.

2019 was also a year in which we continued to promote new playstyles. In addition to the recent reworking of Domain Invasion, we implemented new battlefields that brought some favorite mission battles back to the forefront—both things we are very proud of. I hope you enjoyed these changes as much as we enjoyed bringing them to you.

And here we are, entering a whole new decade. In 2020, we want to continue building on this foundation to create an even more fulfilling Vana'diel experience.

The word "fulfilling" means different things to different people—new adventures, quality of life improvements, and more. We've already started work on a number of items towards both these ends. In the realm of new adventures, we're striving to bring you all-new content in which you can reforge Wanted equipment. For quality of life improvements, we're going to remove system-side hurdles to eliminate various pain points, such as adjusting battle area entry systems.

I'd like to end my greetings by wishing health and happiness to you and yours in the New Year and by reaffirming the development and operations teams' commitment to bringing you exciting adventures in the world of Vana'diel. We hope that you continue to enjoy FINAL FANTASY XI, and we'll see you in game!

Akihiko Matsui
Producer, FINAL FANTASY XI

But now that you made me think about it, it probably wouldn't be an outrageous idea if they made +2/+3 versions of Unity 135 gear. It's already the highest content items from the event, so that would actually make getting some of them very desirable if they competed with other options. Still doubt it, but I guess the potential for them to go in that direction is there. My guess is they just make Lustreless Skins or Furs and it's the same ol R15 route.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-08 15:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean idk man, they say "upgrade" in march and july and then say "reforge" in september.

it should have just said the identical thing that july said: Add to list of upgradeable equipment items not: Add equipment items that can be reforged
By FaeQueenCory 2020-09-08 15:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just the augs for the 135 stuff.
I don't understand why the current translators keep using "reforge" instead of "upgrade"... it's not a wrong translation of "打ち直し" in a vacuum... but Japanese is a super contextual language; and the context of this one is "augment upgrades".

More interesting is the tease of the promised Odyssey gear.
Hopefully it's drop table additions instead of a Path D... Or even a NNI style of gear redemption.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-08 15:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

The structure is already there for them to continue augments paths for 135, that's what we are going to get. They just aren't always consistent with how they word things.

As far as the future gear, it would make reasonable sense for them to add direct drops to every single notorious monster, or even direct gear from chests you use with izzat so that you aren't locked into another senseless grind with only one purpose. That would be a lot of items to put into the zones, but they could roll them out in stages like they have thus far. They have to do something else with these NMs and Beastmen nodes because they serve no purpose after MM really.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-09-08 15:42:00
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
There is tons of gear with potential.

Weapons
All 1h weapons has potential for at least sub hand weapons for dual wield, because they can literally drop anything on them.
quite true- I mean any weird amount of multiattack or WSD or maybe even a FUA could happen- I can't be the only person who was surprised to see what they did to ternion+1.

On top of that:
- Contemplator - Same as H2H

As a Laevateinn lover, this one scares the piss outta me hehe. You're right- comes from TC, and even just a few moderate augs could make it extremely competitive...let alone some big boy augs.

- Forfend - I expect this to get some offensive stats, maybe even Fencer +2 and become new best offensive option for BST

I'm really hoping for something offensive that makes single-wielding on RDM at least viable. Give me a good reason to maintain a mage sub yet be able to do respectable damage with a proper offensive shield- more flexibility in subjob choice while not eliminating melee from the picture.

Armor:
- Loess Barbuta - this obviously has massive potential for at least midcast enmity
- Tatenashi set - especially body ofc, because its from Tumult, so it will be the most justified to make it OP
- Dominance Earring - I can bet this will become bis for at least few WSs
- Loricate Torque - this is kinda obvious too. Already very good, can only be better

Hadn't thought about the dominance earring. As for the loricate torque...I've got a really bad feeling about that one haha. Incoming "evasion+15,def+15" is what I fear.
By SimonSes 2020-09-08 15:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
I've got a really bad feeling about that one haha. Incoming "evasion+15,def+15" is what I fear.

I think it would be like that if that item come from lvl 125 Unity NM maybe, but I think they will justify better augments with high lvl of those UNMs. They are kinda limited by PLD+2 neck (I dont think they will make anything thats better tahn +2 neck, just because). I think they might actually throw some offensive stats on it and make it a hybrid TP piece.
[+]
By Taint 2020-09-08 16:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Tatenashi Gote +1 is guaranteed to have WSdmg+10. After years of DM augmenting my Valorous mitts I finally got WSdmg+10 last month. Naturally they will be trash on Thursday.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-08 16:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

If they go FC+6 for loricate, I'm good with that. Something defensive and precast for easier sets management. There's a lot of competing neck options, even from just unity alone, so I don't think they go too crazy with it.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-09-08 16:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
If they go FC+6 for loricate, I'm good with that. Something defensive and precast for easier sets management. There's a lot of competing neck options, even from just unity alone, so I don't think they go too crazy with it.

Taking Orunmila's Torque out of half of my FC sets would be nice.
By FaeQueenCory 2020-09-08 16:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
As far as the future gear, it would make reasonable sense for them to add direct drops to every single notorious monster, or even direct gear from chests you use with izzat so that you aren't locked into another senseless grind with only one purpose. That would be a lot of items to put into the zones, but they could roll them out in stages like they have thus far. They have to do something else with these NMs and Beastmen nodes because they serve no purpose after MM really.
They haven't told us how much gear we're getting... or even any inkling on what it will even look like. (Really hoping it's not more furia/ebon/ebur sets. Maybe recolors of Escha Zi'tah stuff? That'd be nice.)

Given how NMs have a random "path" and a forcepop "path" to them, I kinda want them to do a sort of NNI type deal where you get a fake KI with the kill, and enough of them lets you trade for a single thing, in addition to all the NMs doing random drops.
It wouldn't really be all that many items... unless they're going to do a "super HQ UCNM drop" type deal... which I don't think is the case... probably.
That would take an unnecessarily long dev time for marginal rewards... if at that. Something similar to Escha Zi'tah in terms of setup is where I would put my money. What I mean by that is: a heavy set, a light set, a sam/mnk/nin set, an offensive mage set, a defensive mage set from Path A NMs; iLv"120" weapons from Path B NMs; Random fancy bits from Path C NMs. Something like that.

But I think it being teased now would mean it's up for release soon. Possibly even as soon as the very next update, though that would be a surprise IMO.