If You Could Change One Thing About FFXI...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » If you could change one thing about FFXI...
If you could change one thing about FFXI...
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-09-06 05:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
Almost at the Finnish line :D
Bravo.
 Bismarck.Xurion
Server: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-09-06 05:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leave augmented gear as is, but introduce new pieces that can do 95% of what perfect augments could. This way, if you want to min/max with multiple aug'd gears, you pay for it with inventory space.

Replace the AH with FFXIV's Market Board system.
By Xhyllos 2020-09-06 11:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karppa said: »
Can WOTG be less CS doing this with 2 chars and I'm so frustrated..only thing which makes me finish this is malig gear...in mission 26 atm..may altana give me strenght to finis it XD

Honestly, I think SoA is the worst. Just..... SOOOOOOO many time-locks, so many "wait till next day to continue". At least WotG you can almost do it all in a few sittings.
By Taint 2020-09-06 11:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

How about a Wardrobe that swaps in JSE. Relic/emp/artifact/capes etc.

Trading the porter moogle 6+ times to change jobs is quite annoying.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2020-09-06 11:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »

Or, barring this, allow the complete 119+3 pieces for a job to be merged (well, once Empyrean+3 comes out at least). There's some engine changes that would have to happen to allow a single piece to have so many things on it, if memory serves, but a Legendary Dragoon's Armet or whatever that did everything from all three sets (and maybe slightly higher stats) would be a powerful motivation to finish pieces that you might not otherwise.

Only problem would be deciding which model to use for the final piece.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-06 12:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Fused relic artifact and empyrean has been asked for... for like 13 years

I prefer the "chameleon gear"

When you're on WAR 15 pieces of gear are pummeler's agoge and boii, and when you change to WHM the 15 pieces simply change to WHMs sets.

Easy, peasy, lemon squeezy. (you have to earn the pieces and fuse them into the "chameleon set" No more storing 330(660 990) pieces of gear. (I would like this to happen with REMA weapons as well)
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-09-06 12:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
The Player picks the skin as they complete the ultimate +3. Can pick which skin per item so you can mix and match (although lockstyle kinda makes it arbitrary.)
 Cerberus.Immortalmoon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Immortalmoon 2020-09-06 13:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I would add more taverns. A place to go relax an enjoy some rolanberry 812 after along hard fought battle, to pass the time while waiting for the next game day on mission or quest. Place to gather before event to ease the nerves with a cup of Batallia tea. A place for the old drunks to go to tell stories of old!
By zigzagzig 2020-09-07 01:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Delete, Follow command .... Period
By Jetackuu 2020-09-07 01:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
Taint said: »

Or, barring this, allow the complete 119+3 pieces for a job to be merged (well, once Empyrean+3 comes out at least). There's some engine changes that would have to happen to allow a single piece to have so many things on it, if memory serves, but a Legendary Dragoon's Armet or whatever that did everything from all three sets (and maybe slightly higher stats) would be a powerful motivation to finish pieces that you might not otherwise.

That's what I've been thinking for awhile, doubt they'd go for it though.
By soralin 2020-09-07 06:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Alternative:

Just let us trade in our JSE pieces for perma bonuses that apply as if we had the item equipped, and doesnt stack with the item itself (if you try and make it a second time), kinda like Job Point bonuses but instead of exp grind its a gear grind.

Make this only apply to relevant ones.

But I dunno, honestly from a dev standpoint I kind of like the "Your options are limited by your inventory size", it forces you to pick and choose.

I kind of like that the appeal of FFXI is the fact that I can just gear everything to the ***.

I either have to have a couple extremely well geared jobs, or many mediocre ones.

Thats kind of a neat aspect to FFXI. Restrictions breed creativity.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-09-07 07:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

the only concern I would have with creating one "super-JSE" set for each job from the AF,Relic, and Empyrean sets would be inadvertent "broken" pieces if all stats were carried over- and let's face it, if it was a watered down version of the originals, we'd still keep the original stuff and keep complaining on inventory woes.

Some of the combos would be absolutely lovely- like getting both the +WSD from the DRK af+3 body and the +WSacc from the relic+3 body at once. Or the +enhancing skill along with +enhancing duration when you combine RDM jse hands.

It may work fine. But if you're opening a door to allow casting and WS'ing in essentially 3 pieces at once- be ready for results like COR AF+3 body's WSD+10% along with their relic+3 body's huge MAB, so don't whine as the OP jobs just increase that gap.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-09-07 07:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
It may work fine. But if you're opening a door to allow casting and WS'ing in essentially 3 pieces at once- be ready for results like COR AF+3 body's WSD+10% along with their relic+3 body's huge MAB, so don't whine as the OP jobs just increase that gap.

Some pieces will be totally broken and Im talking even with Empy+1. With Empy+3 none would wear anything else, but those pieces and probably for both TP and WS etc. I'm sorry but what I like in FFXI is diversity and that all people dont wear exactly the same gear for everything. Also it would almost totally block any future gear upgrades, so I assume it could only be an option when they decide to stop giving us any further updates.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-07 10:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean you don't add str+30 str+40 and str+35 you just pick the highest when they would be fused.

Hypothethical THF body

DEF:151 HP+98 MP+54 STR+34 DEX+44 VIT+34 AGI+38 INT+33 MND+33 CHR+33 Accuracy+60 Evasion+79 Magic Evasion+94 "Magic Def. Bonus"+7 Haste+4% "Triple Attack"+7% "Hide" duration +100 Critical hit damage +6% Set: Increases Accuracy, Ranged Accuracy, and Magic Accuracy

DEF:152
HP+79 MP+64 STR+41 DEX+46 VIT+34 AGI+45 INT+33 MND+33 CHR+33 Accuracy+40 Attack+65 Magic Accuracy+40 Evasion+69 Magic Evasion+84 "Magic Def. Bonus"+8 Haste+4% Enmity+30 "Trick Attack" damage +10 Critical hit rate +6% Critical hit damage +5%

DEF:131 HP+63 STR+25 DEX+41 VIT+24 AGI+28 INT+21 MND+21 CHR+21 Evasion+55 Magic Evasion+69 "Magic Def. Bonus"+6 Haste+6% Dagger skill +28 Augments "Conspirator" Set: Augments "Triple Attack"

DEF:152 HP+98 MP+64 STR+41 DEX+46 VIT+34 AGI+45 INT+33 MND+33 CHR+33 Accuracy+60 Evasion+79 Magic Evasion+94 "Magic Def. Bonus"+8 Haste+6
"Triple Attack"+7%
"Hide" duration +100
Enmity+30
"Trick Attack" damage +10
Critical hit rate +6%
Critical hit damage +6%
Dagger skill +28
Enhances Ambush
Augments "Conspirator"
Set: Increases Acc, RAcc,M Acc, Augments "Triple Attack"

Putting all that ***into one piece doesn't make it any more broken than the game already is. everythings broken so *** it. it's just a ton of text for one piece.

Condense:
DEF:152 HP/MP+100 All stat+50 Acc+60 Eva+79 MEva+94 MDef+8 Haste+6
TA+7% Hide+100 Enm+30 Trick+10 Crit rate/damage +6% Dagger skill+28 Enhances Ambush/Conspirator
Set: Increases Acc, RAcc,M Acc, Augments "Triple Attack"

SimonSes said: »
broken
I like in FFXI is diversity and that all people dont wear exactly the same gear for everything.
Also it would almost totally block any future gear upgrades, so I assume it could only be an option when they decide to stop giving us any further updates.

Putting all that ***into one piece doesn't make it any more broken than the game already is. everythings broken so *** it.

Everyone WOULD wear the exact same ***100% of the time BECAUSE of people you like pushing the "on paper perfect all the time zerg everything spreadsheet answer" IF they could all get identical augments. as far as "future gear" you just improve the "jse set" instead... add new gear with higher stats to it etc. The ONLY "diversity" in this game is the people with and the people without good luck on augments. I'd be fine with that being gone.
By soralin 2020-09-07 11:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, I still hold my stance that trading in JSE for perma unlocks of bonuses would be the far cleaner way to do it.

Just make it part of the Reforging process to make a +4 and +5 version.

So like, I dunno, Caballarius Coronet +3? When you upgrade it to the +4 version it drops the "Enhances "Iron Will" effect" and "Rampart" duration +30", and you just get those as perma bonuses at all times. Then you can store the item itself at porter moogle if you dont need its "core" stats for anything.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2020-09-07 11:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Or maybe just split the difference.

Give us the JSE wardrobe, per job, that's geared towards treating the sets as a collection. Include things like the AF weapon, Ru'Aun JSE, maybe even Mythic/Ergon, old Dynamis and Abyssea accessories, the works. Give them a point value or similar, increased for reforges/etc, and have a line of Gifts, similar to Job Points, corresponding to your collection total.

Doing it that way would allow it to be more of a core game system rather than an eventual perk. Addresses inventory issues, and gives players more reason to strive for completion.
 Siren.Bruno
Server: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2020-09-07 14:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-07 14:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

That always used to chap my *** so god damn hard. Little annoyances are the most infuriating (like hitting a toe on furniture)

I started clipping over it just to avoid that ***any time I was in port, before hp warps became a thing.
[+]
By Taint 2020-09-07 14:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The first time that happened it was cool as ***. (for 04 standards) but it should auto skip after that.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-07 15:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Novelties are great, once. First time you watch the 20 minute cutscenes for wotg. First time you walk to Jeuno. First time you (etc)

After that, hard skip.
By Dunbar 2020-09-10 10:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

100 piece versions of alexandrite and REMA upgrade currencies
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-09-10 11:15:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Make it so additional effects on WSs and BLU spells have a log message so you know if they landed or not.
[+]
By Seraphpdh 2020-09-10 11:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Make it so additional effects on WSs and BLU spells have a log message so you know if they landed or not.
...and Shield Bash with Relic +2/+3 hands!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-11 23:15:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Not being able to gear swap in ballista has always been my biggest gripe for years. It's due to an archaic system they had in place from before lockstyle was a thing, blinking made you untarget your opponent and temporarily glitch. Instead of addressing the targeting issue, they just penalized you for swapping gear (blinking) during the fight, since it could be abused. They never went back and removed the penalty after lockstyle was implemented so it just remained an annoyance to a lot of players. This is just one example of SE putting a band-aid on something they could have easily addressed and improved gameplay.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-13 19:35:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Thought of another thing I'd like to see. Ability to black out spells.

learn them, but able to remove them from the spell list. On WHM but you can remove Shellra Shellra II Shellra III Shellra IV etc so that you only see Shellra V
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2020-09-13 19:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

You're able to manually sort the spells, seems like a really silly change.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-13 19:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean it's not really the same. I do that, but it would be easier to just remove them instead of shuffling ***to the top

Put Shellra II on the bottom and you'll never worry about it, but it would be cleaner if it weren't there and you can't unlearn it