How's Bahamut?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Bahamut » How's Bahamut?
How's Bahamut?
First Page 2 3
 Asura.Jackflashh
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kido
By Asura.Jackflashh 2020-08-27 16:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Serious inquiry. I'm at the end of my rope for Asura. Have returned recently after a year break, and I just can't stand the shout spam/RMT/Merc BS any longer. I don't remember it being this bad when I came here a few years ago, but it seems the server is just 95% RMT/merc and the rest is 1 guy with 10 mules.

Looking to do endgame stuff. Not particularly chasing any gear, as I have quite a bit already, but want to play with actual people.

Give me your opinions of Bahamut or any other server, or hit me up for possible LS. Thanks.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-08-27 17:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Use filters
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-08-27 17:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

This helps.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/53964/block-those-stars/

Also, I don't know what you would be looking for in so far as what you would want to group with, but you may as well just turn off Yell/Shout. The only thing I /might/ want to group for is a weekly RoE Vagary and people only seem to want to sell that which is laughable.

Otherwise, people constantly are going to try to sell easy Odin VD cheese wins, sloppy-seconds Lilith drops they already have when they need a few more still, Dynamis D which you should join a real shell for clears VS paying for wins even if it is only for a couple weeks/months, and Aeonic wins which you should be able to just make a Rolls-only COR and gather a few SMNs to burn so you don't have to pay. JP RMT yells are simply never going away. Thankfully they have specific characters that yell so you can block them. Beats when they just kept making new characters to shout with and you couldn't keep up with blocking all the new ones.

The main *** of it all is that block list takes a bit to load after zoning and you zone so much in this game these days. The "Block Those Stars" windower addon in the url above really helps clean most of it up though. Good luck.

I am also curious what Bahamut yells look like these days. RMT yelling to sell JP? Other problems like I listed above?

I suppose I could just make a mule there or snag a free-to-play account and make a character there just to check. Can't rely on the FFXIAH shouts to pick up everything. For some reason sometimes it misses stuff.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-08-27 18:12:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jackflashh said: »
Give me your opinions of Bahamut
Best server ever.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-08-27 18:30:21
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're going to go, go now as there is a discount campaign active for server transfers until just before the end of the month, as far as I know.
[+]
 Bahamut.Brixy
Guide Maker
Server: Bahamut
user: Brixy
By Bahamut.Brixy 2020-08-27 19:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I recently swapped to Bahamut earlier this month. It's nice and cozy here, would recommend.
[+]
 Bahamut.Savannahlynn
user: Savannah
By Bahamut.Savannahlynn 2020-08-27 19:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Give me your opinions of Bahamut
Best server ever.
[+]
 Bahamut.Viers
user: Vires
By Bahamut.Viers 2020-08-27 19:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Its pretty quiet besides the job point shouts but that is on all servers. Decent group of players though with varying experience levels. I give it a 5/7, would recommend.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-08-27 20:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

So let me translate via .gif image. What you're saying is:

Bahamut:
Bahamut.Savannahlynn said: »
Asura:
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2020-08-27 20:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

endxen said: »
If you change the ffxiah server to Bahamut you can see their yell is pretty similar to Asura. 500 Job points/8M is what is spammed on theirs. As far as the server you better hope you can play JP time or have an elite mindset to get into any of the decent NA shells. Its half the population of Asura so its a decent size server but you will run into small server issues for certain content and the ah is hit or miss if you are a crafter.

There's literally 1-2 bots yelling to sell JP every 10mins. Not 3300 like on Asura. As for getting into a Ls on bahamut, there are plenty of options and groups that can do some form of endgame that are taking on new members. My Ls is hovering near 60 characters online at event times with dozens of mules delinked. (we're full)

"elite mindset" or not.
[+]
 Asura.Jackflashh
By Asura.Jackflashh 2020-08-27 20:59:31
Link | Quote | Reply

TBH it's not like I'm looking to just form shout groups nonstop on a different server, I am looking for an endgame LS to do events with. But it's always nice to be able to put something together when needed and no one in LS is on/available.

That is nearly impossible on Asura. There is just so much spam that I tried getting a few ppl for CP, and my shout was lost to the scroll in seconds.
By Jetackuu 2020-08-27 21:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
"elite mindset" or not.
Just stop hating on SMN, evil man.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-08-27 21:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

TBH it's not like I'm looking to just form shout groups nonstop on a different server, I am looking for an endgame LS to do events with. But it's always nice to be able to put something together when needed and no one in LS is on/available.

That is nearly impossible on Asura. There is just so much spam that I tried getting a few ppl for CP, and my shout was lost to the scroll in seconds.

I was able to find great people to do events with on Bahamut quickly, but I also moved there for the previous year with a group to join BEFORE I went. I'd also recommend doing that for any server you jump to. The larger servers often have shells that already are already doing quite well on membership, and the smaller servers often have fewer options, so they're less to grab a person transferring without a sponsor of sorts- someone who can vouch for ya.

I've really never understood people who transfer to a completely new server blind. This game is about connections more than ever if you want to do content vs buy wins/gear. Build those connections before you transfer, or most groups' first question to you is "why did you leave?"

Edit: in many ways, Bahamut is nice balance of the resources of a large server, but many people with a "small server" mindset in terms of who they game with. The ONLY issue I had with it was that it is very heavily weighed towards East Coast, EU, and JP players. As someone who moved to Mountain Time and likes to play late, I sometimes had a hard time finding people after midnight MST.
By Afania 2020-08-27 22:22:36
Link | Quote | Reply

endxen said: »
have an elite mindset to get into any of the decent NA shells.

I really really really doubt "elite mindset" is a requirement on small servers. At least I've never meet any LS that asks for elite jobs or have attendance requirement that is.

If endgame LS on small servers all have "elite mindset" they'll most likely be gone pretty soon. On small servers there just aren't enough players to supply a functional EGLS if people are picky with gears/attendance.

Some EGLS may get things done with mule armies, thus they can be functional and have room to ask for better gears from new recruits, but from my experience LS running mule armies will instantly dissolve as soon as a few core player/multiboxers quit.

If people have difficulty getting into an EGLS on a small server, it's most likely a personality/reputation issues, not gear issues. Any small server LS that has long term plans to keep going will work on taking in new recruits and maintain it's size, so it doesn't just die as soon as old members quit.
[+]
By Prong 2020-08-27 22:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut is fine.

I'm more of a solo type player, but am in an LS that is perfectly capable of handling any and all content and has some really nice people in it, too. You won't get pressured to level a job you won't enjoy or have someone who sounds like a 13 yr old playing CoD bragging about how you can't beat them on parse.

But, you can find that here, too, if that's your happy place. Shouts are pretty minimal, to the point you really can tell if someone has just moved a mule or character from somewhere else to Bahamut, when they start spam shouting questions, etc. Stand out pretty bad.
[+]
 Asura.Jackflashh
By Asura.Jackflashh 2020-08-27 22:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

I was able to find great people to do events with on Bahamut quickly, but I also moved there for the previous year with a group to join BEFORE I went. I'd also recommend doing that for any server you jump to. The larger servers often have shells that already are already doing quite well on membership, and the smaller servers often have fewer options, so they're less to grab a person transferring without a sponsor of sorts- someone who can vouch for ya.

I've really never understood people who transfer to a completely new server blind. This game is about connections more than ever if you want to do content vs buy wins/gear. Build those connections before you transfer, or most groups' first question to you is "why did you leave?"

Edit: in many ways, Bahamut is nice balance of the resources of a large server, but many people with a "small server" mindset in terms of who they game with. The ONLY issue I had with it was that it is very heavily weighed towards East Coast, EU, and JP players. As someone who moved to Mountain Time and likes to play late, I sometimes had a hard time finding people after midnight MST.

Thanks for input, I do appreciate the info. However, I will say that your comments about somehow building connections and every LS being instantly suspicious of a blind transfer are just out in left field. It's 2020, the game's been around for 18 years. Every original friend and player I knew has long quit, and I've been out of it for over a year. It's not 2005 where every random server transfer is running away with the LS bank lol. How do you expect anyone to make new friends? I'm literally looking to transfer b/c Asura is populated by RMT and mercs, and ppl willing to pay for those mercs. I want to play with like minded ppl who still enjoy the game, not as a job. Kinda thought that was obvious :)
By Afania 2020-08-27 22:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you expect anyone to make new friends? I'm literally looking to transfer b/c Asura is populated by RMT and mercs, and ppl willing to pay for those mercs. I want to play with like minded ppl who still enjoy the game, not as a job. Kinda thought that was obvious :)

In general people on small servers will grab a social pearl from NPC , build connections with endgame LS officers in the social LS, then move into endgame LS once they are somewhat ready for endgame.

If a server only has a few NA LS, fat chance is that one of the bigger social LS will have members in EGLS since everyone know everybody on a small server. So they can be your references to get you in.

I doubt this tactic still applies to Bahamut though, it's more like a mid size server than small these days, with new faces popping everyday. This tactic may not work that well on bigger servers, but it's pretty much the standard tactic (that I know of) to get into EGLS on small servers starting with no connections.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2020-08-28 00:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, you are only going to get so far asking on here. Bahamut is already having a fairly significant amount of transfers from Asura (and other servers).

Your best bet really would be to join a social LS and see how things go from there. I can think of at least 3 social shells with reasonably high player activity practically around the clock.

As for:
Quote:
being instantly suspicious of a blind transfer is just out in left field.
Some people are just uptight about the shout/yell channel being used for anything besides PUG yells and are afraid of Bahamut turning into a second Asura...
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-08-28 00:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jackflashh did not [+] on either of my helpful posts or my .gif post. Will not vouch for them. Obviously shady.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By malakef 2020-08-28 07:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

Thanks for input, I do appreciate the info. However, I will say that your comments about somehow building connections and every LS being instantly suspicious of a blind transfer are just out in left field. It's 2020, the game's been around for 18 years. Every original friend and player I knew has long quit, and I've been out of it for over a year. It's not 2005 where every random server transfer is running away with the LS bank lol. How do you expect anyone to make new friends? I'm literally looking to transfer b/c Asura is populated by RMT and mercs, and ppl willing to pay for those mercs. I want to play with like minded ppl who still enjoy the game, not as a job. Kinda thought that was obvious :)

The suspicion isn’t that they ran off with the LS bank but that they don’t know how to do a damn thing because they merc’d everything and are basically terrible at playing the game. You have to realize on Bahamut most of the endgame shells are in a semi stable place. We don’t have a lot of new blood being added per se nor do we see a lot of new endgame capable shells popping up. Anytime a new person is added to these shells I’d guarantee it’s by invite or a friend of an established member.

So when we see these transfers who seemingly have everything just show up out the blue the thought turns to is this person any good? You can blame some of the early transfers and returners we got at the start of lockdown for that. We suddenly got a rash of really bad Asura transfers who couldn’t play their damn job mixed in with noobies who tried to do content they weren’t ready for. It kind of left a bad taste.

If I had to guess my shell is comprised of about 70% transfers but In basically all these cases it was through recruitment and conversations with them before they moved over. That’s because it’s more about personality fit than anything else. I don’t give a ***what your gear is, we can get all that done and clear things already with out you, but do you mesh well and do you show up consistently in our event time slots.
[+]
By Rorilla 2020-08-28 07:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I switched to Bahamut to get away from all of the shouts on Asura. Best decision I ever made.
[+]
 Bahamut.Aquatic
user: hydro
By Bahamut.Aquatic 2020-08-28 08:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I server transferred my alt to Asura for a name change and several AH items... She came back with 7 STDs.
[+]
By gistofanything 2020-08-28 09:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I transferred for a shell on Bahamut a little over a year ago at this point, and I haven't really looked back since. The key, in my opinion, at least, is finding said group before committing to a transfer, or you'll end up a lot more alone than when you started.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-08-28 10:09:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aquatic said: »
I server transferred my alt to Asura for a name change and several AH items... She came back with 7 STDs.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Tawhoya
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2020-08-28 10:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I had the same thought about jumping servers too, but I have been on Asura since I started... I also live in CO and I feel the same way about here with the influx of people moving here...

It sucks for the shout part, but I rarely have issues forming parties via shout. I worry that if I spend all that money to transfer, I'll end up in a server where my shouts are seen, but not enough ppl interested and it goes nowhere. Even with all of the shout spam I usually get a party formed within 10 minutes on Asura.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-08-29 18:40:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tawhoya said: »

I had the same thought about jumping servers too, but I have been on Asura since I started... I also live in CO and I feel the same way about here with the influx of people moving here...

It sucks for the shout part, but I rarely have issues forming parties via shout. I worry that if I spend all that money to transfer, I'll end up in a server where my shouts are seen, but not enough ppl interested and it goes nowhere. Even with all of the shout spam I usually get a party formed within 10 minutes on Asura.

I love it....Asura is the CA of FFXI....and Bahamut is the CO. Frighteningly accurate.

--also, Malakef nailed it. Its mostly that a lot of people on Bahamut are well established, and shells don't see huge amounts of turnover, so they're just in a good place already. You really don't bring anything new for them often, so having build some kind of connection is what separates you from the masses. When everyone has that Idris GEO, multi-RMEA DD, and HQ gear to the max, if you've just transferred and no one knows you or how you play that's where the "risk" lies...you might be great, or you mighta merc'd all your gear and know jack ***about the job.

Its not a high turnover server, and its not begging for people. Add to that your gear means a lot less these days because its just not unique (speaking to anyone, not OP specifically)-- knowing people is the only unique thing left in a game this old.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-08-29 19:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

In response to the thread title:

Reminds me of this old YTMND of Emo Fafnir actually.

https://fafnir.ytmnd.com/
[+]
First Page 2 3