Forum » FFXI » Servers » Bahamut » Job for party content question
Job for party content question
 Bahamut.Falcor
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Chief
By Bahamut.Falcor 2020-08-10 11:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello AH. Returning player here! Currently a BST but looking for a job that would be welcome in some group content. I know I responded to a CP party shout and when I mentioned I was BST I kinda didn't hear back. WHICH I totally understand! So what job should I have in my back pocket for groups like ambu and what not? GEO and COR come to mind but I am open for suggestions! Thanks in advance!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-10 11:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I would say BRD, but it's pretty much required to have at least 3 full-time songs and relic horn.

Some groups wouldn't even take a COR without Regal Necklace.

WHM is probably the easiest job to gear up to join content, but it's also the most stressful job to do.

You aren't getting into a PUG as a DD unless you have a REMA WAR/DRK/DRG and possibly BLU. And only if the people who are doing the PUGs know how good BLUs really are.

Everyone wants to be carried.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-08-10 11:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cor has a pretty low bar for content entry, regal neck being the hardest thing to get to be great for rolls only cor, but you can always gear up rolls cor with barataria ring and work towards omen clears which does not require regal neck to get into and just go from there.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-08-10 11:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Any job is fine, but some jobs are more wanted than others since less people play them. Bard, Geo, Cor, Whm and Rdm are the in-demand jobs.

You can join groups just fine without amazing gear, just that you should keep your expectations for difficulty lower and keep in mind that some people will say no. Also don't take it personally if you send a tell to a party and don't get a reply, often the shouter gets a mass of replies and fills the party. They don't reply to everyone "full" unless they are really polite.

Keep in mind people who make parties vary too, some people just want to make a group to do easier content or are happy to just get job points with a group and don't expect crazy stuff.

Again it depends on what you want, if you want do do VD stuff then yeah you better be well geared. If you want to join a random CP party or do E-N ambuscade, not so much.
 Siren.Itachi
Server: Siren
By Siren.Itachi 2020-08-10 11:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Easiest job to gear and get put into endgame content right away is probably WHM. (Playing optimally is a different story) WHMs are always in need

GEO is probably second easiest job to gear and easiest job to play (but people normally only look for Idris geo even though 900 skill is fine for most if not all content). This job is normally used throughout all content

COR is probably the the most fun job to play IMO but it's one of the most expensive jobs to gear. Minimal gearsets required to play this job and actually be contributing will cost you a pretty penny. Some people might not want to take you if you don't even have a rare/ex neck piece from the hardest boss in Omen (Ou's Regal Necklace) which is difficult for a returning player to acquire (without mercing). Though this is a bahamut thread and not an Asura one so maybe there's a difference in that. This job is normally used throughout all content

BRD requires a huge gil & time investment as well. Most people won't take you unless you're 4 song Honor march brd to real content. Which requires Aeonic horn, Empy Harp, and relic horn to cap out your songs. (Again this is my experience on Asura, maybe it's different on bahamut) This job is normally used throughout all content
[+]
 Bahamut.Falcor
Server: Bahamut
user: Chief
By Bahamut.Falcor 2020-08-10 11:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I will definitely check out WHM! Most stressful job? That is what i LIVE FOR!!!