2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Cancel culture got EVO
Cancel culture got EVO
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By Shichishito 2020-07-04 02:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
There's a list of no less than 50 FGC players that have allegations (some with proof some not) against them out of this. It's a PR Hurricane and regardless of your stance on cancel culture it isn't hard to see why the big companies pulled their names out of that ring.
they chain linked the rape allegations right into ultra evo cancel? what a combo.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-04 02:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, paged, and I'm going to bed GSL is over. Wrapping up every possible "but this is why" so when I wake up, I don't see the same ***being repeated.

A) One Guy, CEO @ EVO paid a teen to see his genitals 20 years ago. That is the only relevant fact. This is not an opinion. Other misconduct may have happened. It's still one person, who is removed from the company.

B) It is completely irrelevant no matter how many independent persons, regardless of how much you feel they are "the face of their game" assaulted other independent persons. It has nothing to do with EVO.

C) The casters are rapists too! Don't need them. It's not a deal breaker.

D) Well, it's last minute and they couldn't possibly get everyone to come back. It's ONLINE. There is no "come back".

E) It's. O.N.L.I.N.E. There can be no "new sexual misconduct" that is related to EVO and the tournament, there can be no "Bad PR" What a person does before or after is on them, and is in no way related to EVO.

F) No, a "known rapist" could not win the tournament. No, no one can "disguise themselves" and win.

G) No, no game company can say "you cannot play our game for your online event" There may be restrictions on advertising etc, but they can't stop a game from being played/streamed.

If you come up with anything new, I'm sure that will be wrong too.

All of the allegations are horrific and the accused do deserve to be banned from EVO and/or lawfully punished. EVO can exist and be done without them.
[+]
By ryukin182 2020-07-04 04:20:18
Link | Quote | Reply

No one can disguise themselves hahahaha maybe its because im high nut man what an idea. This person who was accused, suddenly wins evo and they go to interview him. "Surprise! Its was me! I was accused of sexual assault and still won evo!" "Oh no! Shut down the interview! Shut down the stream! Who knew the guy who ran evo and just got fired would be able to win vs pros under the name of littlekidlover!" ( the office reference yes)
By RadialArcana 2020-07-04 06:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-04 10:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
The person who made that twitter post has no clue what capitalism is....

You don't attack family members, friends, or coworkers.

That's fascist talk. And I bet the post was made by an Antifa member or sympathizer....
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-04 10:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
There's a list of no less than 50 FGC players that have allegations (some with proof some not) against them out of this. It's a PR Hurricane and regardless of your stance on cancel culture it isn't hard to see why the big companies pulled their names out of that ring.
they chain linked the rape allegations right into ultra evo cancel? what a combo.

eh, im being petty but in most Fighting Games, there are Chains and Links, both distinct in that they require different timing intervals to complete the combo. There is no such thing as a "chain link" lol

sorry, inner galka nerd just came out
By Shichishito 2020-07-21 23:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
eh, im being petty but in most Fighting Games, there are Chains and Links, both distinct in that they require different timing intervals to complete the combo. There is no such thing as a "chain link" lol
i just dropped as many buzz words as i could fit. afaik chains and links are both ways to create combos but one refers to doing so with normals and the other with specials, supers or ultras and what not.

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
sorry, inner galka nerd just came out
there is no such thing as a "galka nerd".

just watch it, its beautiful.
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2020-07-22 06:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The smash community ones are wild but phew...some of those allegations should be taken to court and not the court of twitter man.