Quality of players based on Servers
First Page 2
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-30 09:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Look, I don't want this thread destroyed because of one poster so I moved our conversation into it's own thread. So it could be discussed separately without shitting up the other thread.

Generally speaking, because Asura has the most players on it, people tend to generalize that the level of quality is reduced, and while that's true in a general population standpoint (when people are involved, mob mentality overrules quality), it's basically a trash argument because it ignores the individuals who are good or better.

I think that, overall, the quality of players stay the same irregardless of the server, mainly because we are all humans and have our own inherent flaws.

To judge a group of people based on the actions of a select few is stupid, and unfortunately the norm both on this game and in real life....
By Pantafernando 2020-06-30 10:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

What did you smoke today?

You seems on fire.
[+]
 Unicorn.Rufio
Server: Unicorn
user: Nesaki
By Unicorn.Rufio 2020-06-30 10:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Look, I don't want this thread destroyed because of one poster so I moved our conversation into it's own thread. So it could be discussed separately without shitting up the other thread.

Generally speaking, because Asura has the most players on it, people tend to generalize that the level of quality is reduced, and while that's true in a general population standpoint (when people are involved, mob mentality overrules quality), it's basically a trash argument because it ignores the individuals who are good or better.

I think that, overall, the quality of players stay the same irregardless of the server, mainly because we are all humans and have our own inherent flaws.

To judge a group of people based on the actions of a select few is stupid, and unfortunately the norm both on this game and in real life....

If this was a conversation between two people why wouldn't you just take it to PM?

Looks like you want this thread to be drama filled and you can have others feed into it.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-30 10:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Rufio said: »
Looks like you want this thread to be drama filled and you can have others feed into it.
I rather the drama to be on this thread than the other.

Just by creating the thread, my objective is done. I'm not going to bother with the topic at all, because I really don't care. Nobody's minds will change, those who are pessimists will continue to be pessimists and those who are optimists will stay optimistic.

My objective was to remove that topic out of the comic thread. Mission accomplished.

Edit: And for those who would say "Well, if you don't respond to that guy in the other thread, the topic would have dropped" do not understand how people are on this forum. People will respond, I guarantee it. So, let them respond here instead.
 Unicorn.Rufio
By Unicorn.Rufio 2020-06-30 10:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I rather the drama to be on this thread than the other.

Just by creating the thread, my objective is done. I'm not going to bother with the topic at all, because I really don't care. Nobody's minds will change, those who are pessimists will continue to be pessimists and those who are optimists will stay optimistic.

My objective was to remove that topic out of the comic thread. Mission accomplished.

You started off your thread by saying you were creating a thread to continue a conversation with another poster. Still trying to figure out why you just couldn't take it to PM. Seems like you're trying to stir the pot.
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Server: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2020-06-30 10:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

irregardless

I'm sorry, this is not a word.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-06-30 10:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The server with sechs clearly is the best, inorite
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-30 10:23:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You started off your thread by saying you were creating a thread to continue a conversation with another poster. Still trying to figure out why you just couldn't take it to PM. Seems like you're trying to stir the pot.
Edit: And for those who would say "Well, if you don't respond to that guy in the other thread, the topic would have dropped" do not understand how people are on this forum. People will respond, I guarantee it. So, let them respond here instead.
Point proven.

Fenrir.Aladeus said: »
irregardless

Grammar Nazi.
 Unicorn.Rufio
By Unicorn.Rufio 2020-06-30 10:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

What point are you proving? That someone would reply to weak attempt to cause drama? I took the bait, definitely, but simply to call you out at your feeble attempt.

Edit - F'd the quote part up
By Pantafernando 2020-06-30 10:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

After carefully checking Assura yells, my conclusion is that its not that activve as it seems in the first place, its just the RMTs set their bots to yells too often. Its like 50 Merc shouts for one non-merc shouts.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2020-06-30 10:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin has me.. so our quality is heavenly'
By Pantafernando 2020-06-30 10:31:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Im a cancer to my server
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-30 10:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

What point are you proving? That someone would reply to weak attempt to cause drama? I took the bait, definitely, but simply to call you out at your feeble attempt.

Edit - F'd the quote part up
No, I don't mean you. I mean on the other people responding.

If nobody else but you and I responded on topic, your point would stand. It doesn't anymore.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-06-30 10:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
After carefully checking Assura yells, my conclusion is that its not that activve as it seems in the first place, its just the RMTs set their bots to yells too often. Its like 50 Merc shouts for one non-merc shouts.

This is accurate. I have friends who have come from other servers comment to me that there are constant shouts, but its never anybody doing anything. This was not always the case though. At least up until a couple years ago, the yells were filled with nearly every single event you could think of, and it would not take you long to form a party for it.

It is summertime though, so perhaps people are taking their usual break from the game since there's nothing new going on. 95% of all shouts are just RMT or LSs mercing nonstop, and people are less motivated now to form groups for shout when they can just buy it with gil most of the time.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-30 10:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to be honest, I wouldn't do an event outside of my linkshell anymore.

Before I got into my current shell, I joined random shout groups, and probably had a 75% failure rate. Since I started doing LS groups only, I have around a 10% failure rate.

It's just easier to do things with people you know, and know their capabilities, than to take the unknown. You might get into a super great group, but most of the time you will get scrubs. And I think that's true for every server, not just Asura.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-06-30 10:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

irregardless

It actually is a real word. It just happens to mean regardless. I’ve read that it is supposed to be used as a more emphatic use of regardless as in now the discussion is done.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-30 10:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
irregardless

It actually is a real word. It just happens to mean regardless. I’ve read that it is supposed to be used as a more emphatic use of regardless as in now the discussion is done.
It's a controversial use of regardless.

I used it because no *** are given.
By waffle 2020-06-30 10:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

"Ir" prefix meaning "not". Like irrelevant, "not relevant".
"Less" suffix meaning "without". Like hopeless, "without hope".
"Irregardless" means "not without regard." Which is to say "with regard". So it means the exact opposite of regardless.
[+]
By ashcrow 2020-06-30 10:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura is Wuhan.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-06-30 11:27:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

This is accurate. I have friends who have come from other servers comment to me that there are constant shouts, but its never anybody doing anything. This was not always the case though. At least up until a couple years ago, the yells were filled with nearly every single event you could think of, and it would not take you long to form a party for it.

It is summertime though, so perhaps people are taking their usual break from the game since there's nothing new going on. 95% of all shouts are just RMT or LSs mercing nonstop, and people are less motivated now to form groups for shout when they can just buy it with gil most of the time.

I follow reddit discord, and have noticing people there from Assura to complain about. Not finding linkshell.

I was like wtf? There should be dozens of shells there just pick one in concierge. Though im not sure as i have not checked it for some time already.

Back when i was actually there (few years ago, a bit before Assura become that big like its today), what i had notice still at that time was how volatile were the shells there. Basically anyone picked a new pearl, shout for peeps, peeps join then leader just sti in town, afk. Most players also dont bother much with staying there too. It was always like, “ok, i will give 30 mins for this shell to surprise me, otherwise im out”. Not rare, shout shells that used to have like 2 pages at the time of the shouts, the next day just have 4 or 5. Even the leader running ***with other shells too.

Not to mention the members that joined to steal members to form their own shell later. Or just leaders that hadnt a clue about what to do. Or just rude one thinking like hes the boss and everyone should just shut up when he talk.

That was my experience with Assuran back them. Left not many months later, and never regretted or missed people there. Soon after the server became popular among all players. I still think its mostly due to reddit shell, that should be the most advertised shells in this game at that time, back when they were still functioning.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-30 11:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-30 11:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, it worked for you Eiryl.

Keep biting.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-30 11:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Or just rude one thinking like hes the boss and everyone should just shut up when he talk.
What, you spoke to Tifny too?

Mr. "DDs are just leeches, only WHMs do anything in events" leader?
By Pantafernando 2020-06-30 11:59:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Im not doing player warning
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-30 12:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, that's not a player warning.

It's just funny though.

Seriously though, pick up a shell he is leading. I guarantee a laugh or 50. Also, jimmies rustled.
 Asura.Epigram
user: jlisic
By Asura.Epigram 2020-06-30 12:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

As a point of context for Asura:

I have no idea what is like on other servers, but I made a NLP based filter a while back to classify yell types. This is what I was able to get together for my 2,000 yells that I classified for my training set.

So about 50% of the shouts are RMT/MERC/Job Point MERC, and about a quarter are actual content. Unknown is usually Japanese or just random chars.
Code
  label               desc        pct
1     1            Content 0.22441860
2     2                RMT 0.04302326
3     3               Merc 0.21511628
4     4            JP Merc 0.25581395
5     5               Chat 0.11511628
6     6 Selling (non-Merc) 0.07441860
7     7  Buying (non-Merc) 0.06162791
8     8            Unknown 0.01046512
By Mattelot 2020-07-06 11:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bait or not, still a fun(ny) subject that I've heard brought up a few times and still enjoy the responses. I've heard several say that Asura is a haven for the autistic. It's just more active, so you're going to see ***spam shouts more often than others. I see it on my server all the time and Levi is much smaller.

Even on a lower population server like mine, I've seen all kinds of "quality" of players. I've seen "mafias" (lol!), I've seen self-proclaimed celebrities, I've seen more old school drama than I can count... and I can surely count to potato.
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2020-07-06 12:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

irregardless

But it is. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/irregardless
[+]