New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » killer effects
killer effects
By Shichishito 2020-06-25 03:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

how do they work?
pls correct me if i get this wrong but as i understand it players only get the intimidation rate from killer effects so its pointless to go for it unless you are tanking? only monsters get the 50% of the killer effect value as -damage taken/dealt. the only exceptions beeing founder's breastplate and ferine gausape/nukumi gausape which also unlock the damage taken/dealt bonus for players.

my confusion comes from circle effects:
cause according to their description you do get a damage taken/dealt bonus and not just 50% but apparently equal to the killer effect value?

lets assume you pop a garlic cracker +1(12%) and you receive holy circle either from sub job(5%) or a main pld(15%) in party. do you receive a damage taken/dealt bonus of equal to the total undead killer effect value(17$-27&) or just 5%-15% from holy circle?

does the damage taken bonus exceed the 50% cap? does Assimilator's Keffiyeh bonus to monster correlation effects change anything regarding killer effects?
[+]
 Asura.Epigram
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: jlisic
By Asura.Epigram 2020-06-25 10:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Kiler effects w/o founders or BST Gausape is just an intimidation rate against a monster attacking you.

I don't believe it affects circles, but I'm going to just say I don't have anything to back that up.

Damage Taken is a separate term for both circles and KI bonuses from founders/Gausape.
Damage Taken (BG Wiki)
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-06-25 11:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

did some testing:
looks like undead killer value has no effect on the damage bonus granted by holy circle, at least not from /PLD sub.
lame...