users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Windower Crash when trying to view/open text files
Windower Crash when trying to view/open text files
 Asura.Hallieweezie
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Hallieweezie 2020-06-12 14:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, I've recently been having an issue with Windower closing when I try to open/view text files. I'm not Dc'ing, it just completely closes out of the game. I can open links, go to web browser etc, but the second I click a file (in my downloads folder, for example) it's instant boot. One of my LS mates was having this issue a few months back, and was never able to figure it out. I've ran a check file, and uninstalled/reinstalled and it's still doing the same thing. UAC is set to not blink, so it's not that either. I'm on windows 10. Has anyone seen this before?
By SkyFrog 2020-06-12 15:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't use Windower, but for any crashes you can look in the Windows Event View via Windows+R and typing eventvwr.msc

Look inside Event Viewer (Local) -> Windows Logs -> Application
By Jetackuu 2020-06-12 15:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

probably better off getting a dump report and asking on the windower discord, but honestly it sounds like you may need to reinstall windows.
 Fenrir.Orn
Server: Fenrir
user: orn
By Fenrir.Orn 2020-06-12 15:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Has this always happened for you? Are you opening Windower in administrator mode? I had this issue ta while ago whenever I would try to edit my gearswap file it would cause the game to close. I ended up having to switch my gearswap file shortly after because of an unrelated error, me being dumb and making a mistake while editing and not being able to fix it, once I switched to the different version of gearswap I never had the issue again. I would check with you LS members and see what lua/gearswap files they are using and possibly switch.

Hope this is of some help, have a great day.
 Asura.Hallieweezie
Server: Asura
By Asura.Hallieweezie 2020-06-12 15:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

No, I've been playing for years and have never had an issue like this. I always Run as Administrator when opening Windower as well. I'm not even getting the chance to open the files. The second I click on it (Before I can select open, copy, paste, rename etc) it boots me.
By eeternal 2020-06-12 21:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had the same issues but as soon as I switched the txt files to details from view > details.. it worked.